Thread: General Theory

General Theory

Im not sure I posted this right the first time so if it needs moved go for it

Hey All long time reader on this Forum and i figured I could take a shot on guessing about the first single that is going to be released. So you guys remember that song that Carrie did not co write called A Town In Colorado which was submitted to her to see if she liked or to someone in her management. Well my theory is the song could be based off the columbine shootings and the affect it had on the town and the people. Carrie did blog that she was recording a song that was difficult to sing and then recently she mentioned that she heard a demo that gave her chills and that song is on the album now...do we know who wrote A Town In Colorado?

Ty
    This is an interesting theory. "A Town In Colorado" was written by Chris Lindsey & Billy Montana.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Good theory. Carrieland is buzzing with theories and speculations since the New Year. One speculation came true today so I bet today is the beginning of more speculations coming to reality. It is never boring here. We have exciting days ahead. But we are all soooo ready for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    This is an interesting theory. "A Town In Colorado" was written by Chris Lindsey & Billy Montana.
    Thanks Ty...I think it could make for a very good song, as long as it isn't dripping with cliches and over the top, of course that's just my opinion

Concert Stars
    Man great thinking and a real possible theory...Dont be afraid to post more your input is greatly appreciated!!! To give your theory a little more weight here is what an Arista Vice Pres. said about this song in October of last year.....Jim VellutadoVP Sony VP/ATV Music Publishing

Q-What do you look for in a song?

It has to have a unique concept–that’s the main thing. By looking at titles, you can get a lot of information. Today, I was going through songs for Carrie Underwood, and I saw “I’m Good For Your Heart” and “I Love What You Do” , which are typical titles. Then, I got a song called “A Town In Colorado,” and that instantly got my attention, just because I wanted to hear the story behind it. It turns out that that song has a great story and would be a great for her.

Concert Stars
    Wow, interesting.
    Very difficult subject matter.
    But if anyone could give it the strength and equal vulnerability it would need to work, it is Carrie Underwood.
    Someone who has never shyed away from complicated emotional expression.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Very interesting idea.

I expect it's been posted before, but this article confirms that Sony A & R were thinking of this song for Carrie:
    Jim Vellutato VP, Sony/ATV Music Publishing | Music Business Journal | Berklee College of Music

The relevant paragraph said:
    "It has to have a unique concept–that’s the main thing. By looking at titles, you can get a lot of information. Today, I was going through songs for Carrie Underwood, and I saw “I’m Good For Your Heart” and “I Love What You Do” , which are typical titles. Then, I got a song called “A Town In Colorado,” and that instantly got my attention, just because I wanted to hear the story behind it. It turns out that that song has a great story and would be a great for her."

•