Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Concert Stars

ACMs are April 1st: Blake/Reba Hosting

ACMs Are on april fools day! With blake as cohost i can just imagine the pranks. Lol

Anyway i wonder if this is an indication of when carries album will drop due to the ACM sales boost?
    Last edited by teesharky; 01-10-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I hope she's a shoe in to perfome her new single. Glad Blake is back with Reba. Blake was very funny Hopefully a part 2 on Blake's co-hosting duties.

Concert Stars
    Seems almost an absolute that Carrie will perform new material.
    Don't see how that will be skipped.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I wasn't too impressed with Blake as co-host; I thought Reba was great on her own.

Glad to see the ACMs are coming up sooner this year. I am just itching to see Carrie on the big stages again.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm glad to see Blake back. I liked him last year, and I think this year he will be even better because he has more television experience at this point. Awesome that Reba is hosting for what seems like the billionth time lol. I love Reba!
    I think Carrie performing new material isn't even a question. By April, she will most certainly have a new single out (depending on exactly when it is released, it could be quite far up the charts by April), and quite possibly her album could be dropping somewhere near the ACM date. The ACMs had Carrie perform last year, and she didn't even have a new single to promote lol. The award shows love Carrie, and know that lots of people tune in to see her.

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^ Glad i'm not the only one who wasn't impressed. I mean yeah he's funny, but i just don't care for him much at all in general.

Having it on April Fools? Now THAT's gonna be interesting!! lol

Concert Stars
    Agreed about Blake.
    I think CMA works so well with two co-hosts that ACM is taking advantage of that concept.
    IT does allow for engaging interaction.
    The only problem for me is that Blake is creating an image for himself of drunkin' misconduct and awkward banter about sex with his wife.
    And it brings the level of prestige down for me. (and don't be mad at me for pointing it out. It's an image he is happily creating for himself via his twitter and wherever else he can get people to listen to it).
    I get that country likes to have a few Hank Willimas Jr.'s in the audience. But it is another to have one actually officiating the event.
    That becomes a little too low-brow for some.
    And as wonderful and well-respected as Reba is, it's alittle awkward for me watching ehr have to play side step with bathroom humour.
    Oh well.
    She is class all the way and will hopefully keep a little class there that night.

Concert Stars
    I have to agree with that, pk!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I am looking forward to ACM for Carrie's performance. Hope TS wont win EOTY again.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    For sure Carrie will sing her new single at the ACMs

Concert Stars
    ^ I guess I was asking if you guys think the album will drop that week or near it? It is the perfect timing since she would get an ACM sales boost for performing there, which is a lock I am sure.

Concert Stars
    Tee, I think it largely depends on when we get the single. If we get a single in the next 2-4 weeks, I can see Carrie having a release date in the first few weeks of April.
    If this single climbs at about the same rate as CC, then it would be peaking right around the same time as the ACMs if we get a single by the end of this month. A killer performance on the ACMs would also give the single a big push at radio, so if it wasn't quite number one at the time, it could help push it there. All of that would certainly help album sales.
    All of this is just me theorizing though lol. Who knows what Carrie and her team have planned?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I guess I was asking if you guys think the album will drop that week or near it? It is the perfect timing since she would get an ACM sales boost for performing there, which is a lock I am sure.
    Well I like March 27th as the album release date! That will be the week before the ACMS. I think this could be a possibility especially if Carrie starts touring in April.

Also, Easter is the week after the ACMs so that might boost her sales too.

I think Rascal Flatts is supposed to release their new album on April 2nd or 3rd so if that is the case I am thinking Carrie would not release the same week as them. I still like March 27th as the album release date.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Agreed about Blake.
    I think CMA works so well with two co-hosts that ACM is taking advantage of that concept.
    IT does allow for engaging interaction.
    The only problem for me is that Blake is creating an image for himself of drunkin' misconduct and awkward banter about sex with his wife.
    And it brings the level of prestige down for me. (and don't be mad at me for pointing it out. It's an image he is happily creating for himself via his twitter and wherever else he can get people to listen to it).
    I get that country likes to have a few Hank Willimas Jr.'s in the audience. But it is another to have one actually officiating the event.
    That becomes a little too low-brow for some.
    And as wonderful and well-respected as Reba is, it's alittle awkward for me watching ehr have to play side step with bathroom humour.
    Oh well.
    She is class all the way and will hopefully keep a little class there that night.
    Shelton isn't trying to create any image that is who he is and he doesn't try to hide it.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Blake is just tacky and ridiculous. I couldn't watch him last year. Since Carrie probably won't be up for any awards this year I will just tune in for her performance and skip the rest. I will depend on y'all on the east coast to give me the time to tune in!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Shelton isn't trying to create any image that is who he is and he doesn't try to hide it.
    Thank you! It's also not his entire personality like some think. More often than not in interviews, at events and on The Voice he comes across very well, not crude at all. He actually seems like a really caring individual if you bother to actually look beyond his tweets and some random funny comments occasionally makes in interviews. However, some people will refuse to see any of the good in him, and only see the side that fits what they want him to be. It's a shame that people won't bother to dig a little deeper to get the bigger picture.
    As for his behavior when hosting the ACMs, the ACMs have writers just like the CMAs do. Blake and Reba may just go along with some of the jokes written for them. Blake wasn't terribly crude or inappropriate last year, IMO. Reba herself got in a little trouble a few years ago because she made a joke during her monologue about Kirstie Alley's weight. People didn't take too kindly to it.

Patrick, can you tell me where there have been reports of Blake's "drunken misconduct" lol? Sure, he tweets about being drunk, but have there been incidents where he has shown up to an event or something completely out of hand? I don't remember hearing any such stories.

Concert Stars
    Aside: they just played Undo It on Fox, the Five!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I kinda prefer Reba flyin' solo, but I'll give Blake credit where it's due. He's quite the co - host when given the right material to fly off of, lol. Should be another great show!

Concert Stars
    Yeah, Not too thrilled with the hosting, but as usual I'll be anxiously awaiting the great Orange Carpet Hi-res shots that Carrie makes at the ACM's every year.
    I also read that that this year's Brooks&Dunn/Women of Country show's theme is Lionel Ritchie. I wonder which song Carrie might do if she stays for it?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Well I like March 27th as the album release date! That will be the week before the ACMS. I think this could be a possibility especially if Carrie starts touring in April.

Also, Easter is the week after the ACMs so that might boost her sales too.

I think Rascal Flatts is supposed to release their new album on April 2nd or 3rd so if that is the case I am thinking Carrie would not release the same week as them. I still like March 27th as the album release date.

oh bummer. I forgot that their album is coming out April 2. That changes things then. Too bad. They got the perfect week.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast