Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Carrie Follower

About Carrie's 2012 Tour

I know Carrie was disappointed after not getting an EOTY nomination after her high tech tour in 2010. She then said she was taking time off to rethink her career. She said she wanted to make sure she was doing things for all the right reasons, the reason being that she loved to sing! She went all out in the 2010 tour saying they could go acoustic the following year.

Now she is well rested. She has settled into married life and has her priorties in order. She has reflected.

What do you think she will do with her upcoming tour?

Do you think she will go all out again, because she just wants to have fun, and put all awards on the back burner so to speak so she can take the pressure off herself. In other words, doing it for for all the right reasons and awards are just a bonus?

Do you think she will downscale? How much?

I think she will go all out with this tour for her fans but for no other reason than that. I don't think she will think about any awards. If they come, that will be nice. But I think she has learned that performing songs that she is really proud of and putting on the best show she knows how, is what is important. Not the award shows.

I think she learned that she was loving the attention and all that attention can bring the haters out and it was just not worth it. She has other things to be happier about now, Mike! I love the way she took her time with this album. It shows that she is in this career for all the right reasons, not to use it for a competition, but because she loves what she does.

What do you think she will do for this tour? Big? Small? Competitive?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well I think Carrie's 2012 tour will be similar in size and production to her Play On tour. I am sure it will be different and she will have new props and what not but I am just assuming it will be similar to the Play On tour.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    it's still gonna be big...
    mentioned in ACA

I am hoping the 2012 tour will include some international dates, such as in Australia and the UK. Maybe one in Singapore, too, since it seems she has quite a few fans there. Carrie's poor international fans have been waiting forever to see a concert of hers.

Concert Stars
    I hope it is at least as big as the PO tour was because that tour was amazing! I don't want Carrie to scale down yet. She is just getting started and she should be going up in scale, not down.

When she is past her prime, she can scale back, do less dates, and do that acoustic tour she mentioned once. But for now, she is young and still pretty new in the business. She has lots of touring to do still, so I hope each tour is creative, fun, and pulls out all the stops like the PO tour was.

I enjoyed the Carnival Ride tour, but it was a pretty sparse set and the big screens were grainy and smaller. I loved the bigger screens and better quality overall of the PO tour. Hopefully it will just keep getting bigger and better.

Most important thing: Hire the creative team that set up the PO tour. They were outstanding!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Nice post.I agree, I think she should tone it down and not focus so much on the big flashy stuff and go with "acoustic" settings, allowing her to focus more on connecting with the audience and diving into the songs. I really think the PO tour wore her out, and she needed 2011 to really rest up.Either way, I guess I'll be finding out soon, as I go to see her in May!!!

Concert Stars
    Firstly, I don't remember Carrie ever making a statement about taking some time off to rethink her career.

Secondly, I think we will see a largely scaled down stage show. That last one had to be pretty expensive.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really loved the PO tour so I hope that this tour is equally as creative and flashy and amazing. I wouldnt mind if there are a few acoustic moments where she can connect with the audience, I would love that, but I hope its still as large and amazing as the PO tour. And I hope there are some international dates on this one! Maybe she can go to Australia or Europe or Singapore, that'd be great!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Firstly, I don't remember Carrie ever making a statement about taking some time off to rethink her career.

Secondly, I think we will see a largely scaled down stage show. That last one had to be pretty expensive.
    She kinda did say that, just not in those words. She said she was taking time off to step back and look at things like how the music is important etc lol I dont remember exactly. And Im thinking its gonna be a big show like the PO tour, but I can definitely see more acoustic/toned down settings than the PO tour which had like none lol

Concert Stars
    Maybe she can have both. Big production on certain songs that are more upbeat/rocking and then less production/more acoustics on other songs....like have a big stage for the big production songs and then a separate smaller circle stage for her acoustic songs or less production songs.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't care how the tour is set up all I want is a stop in one of the FOUR places that her people can have her play in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.

Of course, I've no way of knowing how Carrie feels - but I will say that on the whole, awards tend to mean more to fans than they do to most musicians. The idea of planning a tour around a strategy for winning an "Entertainer of the Year" award at one of the industry shows doesn't really strike me as one of Carrie's main priorities (but I could be wrong - I think we all often risk projecting our own preferences onto the artists we follow, when we really can't tell what they'd want).

I'm not very used to Mainstream fan bases - but, even though I think Vocalist of the Year and Song of the Year have been devalued by voters confusing them with popularity, those awards still mean more to me that entertainment or recording awards. I'd love to see Carrie win Song of the Year one day soon - and for the number of times she mentions her writing, I suspect she would too! (maybe with something from the next album?)

I admire Carrie for playing the Opry so often, and touring widely in smaller towns. Not all her fans can travel long distances, or pay arena prices, so I hope it's not a "bigger but fewer" tour. I do hope she includes some more international dates though. I know she's concentrating on Australia (in that respect), but I fear Fuller's been too cautious about her wider prospects.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I liked the PO tour just fine went to 4 of them. Looking forward to the next one.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    She blantantly said she's got a lot of uptempos for this next album bc it will make her shows more fun. It's gonna be a big tour.
    Becca

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

My thoughts too Ron. Merry Christmas.

Concert Stars
    Last Name, Undo It, Cowboy Casanova, Before He Cheats, Songs Like This; I can see myself dancing to those songs! I really like the fact that Carrie's setlist allows the audience get loose!

I don't really mind how the show/the stage will produced. We all know that Carrie's voice is THE SPECIAL EFFECT of the entire show...sooo

Concert Stars
    She did on the fanclub in a post on a thread. It was not a blog.

Just curious why carries tour needs to be scaled down when the po tour was incredibly successful and grossed almost 40-50 million? If the tour had lost money i could see your point but it made a nice profit.

Do you see her career as on the down slide already such that she needs to scale back? Just curious.

I think her career has just begun and she is still growing as a major headliner touring act with more room to grow. She is still pretty new to the tour headlining game so i zm surprised people are acting like this is it: time to downscale. She is not past her prime yet in her career and is only 28.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think that this next tour will have its big moments like the PO tour, but I hope it has more intimate moments as well. Carrie has mentioned a more folky vibe on some of the songs she recorded, so perhaps those songs will lend themselves to a portion of the show being very stripped down, and just focusing on Carrie and the music, whereas she can go full-on entertainer for other parts of the show with the rocking, tempo-heavy songs she has also mentioned.
    I do see Carrie stripping things back for a tour eventually, but this next tour doesn't sound like it will be that way. I think as Carrie's career progresses, and she has had a few tours with big production, she may take it down a few notches again in production just for the sake of variety. Perhaps we will get a more intimate tour when she records that gospel album she mentioned at one point in time lol. Or maybe an acoustic Christmas tour! Oh the possibilities!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    She did on the fanclub in a post on a thread. It was not a blog.

Just curious why carries tour needs to be scaled down when the po tour was incredibly successful and grossed almost 40-50 million? If the tour had lost money i could see your point but it made a nice profit.

Do you see her career as on the down slide already such that she needs to scale back? Just curious.

I think her career has just begun and she is still growing as a major headliner touring act with more room to grow. She is still pretty new to the tour headlining game so i zm surprised people are acting like this is it: time to downscale. She is not past her prime yet in her career and is only 28.
    Where in the world did you ever get that from me saying I thought it would be scaled down?

Tee, I'm not the one that is always on here ranting & lamenting the "seeming" lack of buzz. That is you!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    She blantantly said she's got a lot of uptempos for this next album bc it will make her shows more fun. It's gonna be a big tour.
    Becca
    agree! She also said they started planning thr tour a few months ago and were trying to come up with new creative ideas to have more fan interaction etc. I expect this tour to be big as well.

It is making me sort of sad to think that she would already cut back at her young age? She is still on top of her game despite losing awards to taylor and miranda. She has a long way to go before she is on her downward spiral of her touring career.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast