Can we please see some love for this video?????

WTF? I REALLY DON'T GET THIS!!!

Carrie's cover of desperado is one of her best, IMO, and EVERY other video of it has extremely positive comments. But, for some reason, everyone is ****ting on this video and I DON'T GET IT!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE post some friendly comments and vote down the harsh comments!!! PLEASE!!!!!1

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Not every comment on this video is terrible. There are several positive ones, and some that calmly say they prefer Linda Ronstadt's version. Sure, there are a few hater comments, but the best option is to ignore those people. They won't change their minds about Carrie, so there is no point in arguing with them.

Ty
    Anytime a performer covers a song there's going to be hate. That's just how it works.

This is a lovely performance, though.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    It is probably one poster that is doing the unreasonable comments. Don't bother. One comment is that she can't sing, lol.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Not every comment on this video is terrible. There are several positive ones, and some that calmly say they prefer Linda Ronstadt's version. Sure, there are a few hater comments, but the best option is to ignore those people. They won't change their minds about Carrie, so there is no point in arguing with them.
    When Linda Ronstadt sang this song, Linda was Don Henley's girl friend.

PS: as a big fan of the Eagles, I say Carrie did a beautiful job singing this song.

Concert Stars
    It's one of my favorites!!

Concert Stars
    When I saw the thread title, I KNEW this was the video you were talking about it. I was surprised by the negativity, too, but YouTube's YouTube. Whatcha gonna do? People who comment on those videos usually have an IQ of 5.

Carrie does sound wonderful as always on this video as she does on all her covers. The negative comments come from other artists fans and instead of building up their artist its easier to bring down someone great like Carrie.
    Last edited by blondemama; 11-26-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Concert Stars
    LMAO Don Henley himself gave an interview right after the Grammys, saying how much he loved Carrie's version, and that it moved him so much he looked at the song alot differently then he had previously. He loves Carrie and has praised her many times since then too.

So sorry to the haters-- but I will take Don Henley's opinion before theirs, losers.

Haha, GOOD JOB, Carrie army The weight has definitely shifted in our favour.

I don't know why I got so mad about this one. It's not like Carrie has never received criticism, or that I can't bear to read it or anything. It's just that this performance is SO amazing, one of her best! I just got really crazy about some of those comments.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I'm a big Eagles fan myself and Carrie knocked this out of the park.

Concert Stars
    I'm sure Linda's fans don't think anyone can sing it like she did. Things like that happen all the time. Someone posted on Katharine McPhee's video of "Beautiful" from a SMASH promo that she can't sing a note. Really? LOL Definitely a Xtina fan.

Quote Originally Posted by gran29 View Post
    I'm sure Linda's fans don't think anyone can sing it like she did. Things like that happen all the time. Someone posted on Katharine McPhee's video of "Beautiful" from a SMASH promo that she can't sing a note. Really? LOL Definitely a Xtina fan.
    I don't get that. Carrie's been covered herself; K-Chen did both Last Name and Lessons Learned, Teri Hatcher has done Before He Cheats, etc. etc. Obviously we don't think any of them did BETTER than Carrie, but we don't ridicule them either. They all did good jobs. Why can't people say the same for Carrie?

Oh, but laugh at the easily-manipulated world of YouTube. That video now has "I LOVE HER" and "She should record a cover of this" as the top comments, and several other awesome comments with high ratings. Mission accomplished

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I don't get that. Carrie's been covered herself; K-Chen did both Last Name and Lessons Learned, Teri Hatcher has done Before He Cheats, etc. etc. Obviously we don't think any of them did BETTER than Carrie, but we don't ridicule them either. They all did good jobs. Why can't people say the same for Carrie?

Oh, but laugh at the easily-manipulated world of YouTube. That video now has "I LOVE HER" and "She should record a cover of this" as the top comments, and several other awesome comments with high ratings. Mission accomplished
    Guns N' Roses fans love her covers. I get excited every time she's mentioned, because they always say such nice things about her.

They're nicer to Carrie than they are to Axl. D:

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Everyone has haters and the best thing to do is just ignore them because it will only make Carrie look bad. We all know Carrie's covers are amazing so we shouldn't be bothered by this stuff

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    there is always going to be negative comments ... on anything!! I just try my best to ignore them and not to even read them out loud. BUT, with that being said ... please go comment everyone!!!! lol!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This cover is perfection. I honestly cannot understand why people chose to hate on artists just because they're covering a song by their favorite artist. If you don't like it, go listen to the original. I think youtube (and the internet in general) makes people feel invincible, as if they can say whatever they want because they're not saying it to someone's face; it makes for some pretty cruel comments. I had to learn the hard way and accept that, while people have opinions, I personally don't read many of the negative comments, because so many people are unreasonable and mean.

I don't read the negative stuff either...can't do anything about it and I don't want it to upset me so I stay away from it.

Concert Stars
    If you wanna meet the dumbest people on Earth, visit YouTube and Yahoo Answers. I feel like I'm Einstein every time I visit those sites. Do you know what someone said to me once? "You think you're so much more knowledgeable about music because you've been studying it and I haven't." Uhh, yeah, I do. Exactly because I study it and you don't. Or my favorite (after I said I prefer Bruce Dickinson even though Axl is more skilled vocally): "You're wrong about Axl being more skilled. His songs suck. Bruce is way better. Bruce doesn't do drugs." Someone ACTUALLY said that to me.

I think we should have a YouTube/Yahoo horror thread. It would be a great confidence boost.

New Carrie Fan
    Hear ye, hear ye I love desperado. Do not sweat the haters. Just turn the other cheek (can you guess where that cheek is)!

•