Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

[Dec 5] American Country Music Awards (Official Event Discussion Thread)

Start time 8:00 pm EST on FOX

has anyone heard anything about Carrie attending the ACAs next week?

They announced two more performers today-- Scotty McCreery and Alabama.

I don't expect Carrie to perform unless they plan to debut the new single there--- but I hope she attends.

Then again they clearly told the winners in advance last year as only winners and performers showed up- lol, so I suppose if she doesn't attend, it could mean we lost. Hopefully that is not the case though.
    Last edited by opry051008; 11-30-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added Start time and tv station info

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Did we know much in advance whether she was attending last year?
    I would think there is still some time for her to announce that she is attending. The show is still about two weeks away.

Although, depending on what is left to be done on the album, she may have obligations related to that which would prevent her from attending.

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think I remember from last year that we did not know if she was attending until the last moment. Fingers crossed.

It would be nice to see her if she attends...we'll just have to wait and see

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Did we know much in advance whether she was attending last year?
    I would think there is still some time for her to announce that she is attending. The show is still about two weeks away.

Although, depending on what is left to be done on the album, she may have obligations related to that which would prevent her from attending.
    I think you are right. I recall she told us on the fanclub she was attending but not till the last minute. There was no official announcement or anything-- she just told us on the fanclub.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Unless she is presenting or performing, the ACAs won't include her in any press release. She may just be going to sit in the audience like last year.

Concert Stars
    ^ True. You would think they would have some commercials on FOX for it by now though. I haven't seen one commercial yet.

And they really should announce some big names appearing like carrie for tv ratings. Oh well. I don't care as long as she wins one award to break the bad luck streak. lol

Huge Carrie Follower Craig_Luvs_Carrie!'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Let's hope that it's better than it was last year...with a better host lol Kid Rock should not host anything award related. Was nice getting to hear the lesser known country artists perform though. Hopefully Carrie can be there and wins something.

Has anyone made a thread on the FC asking Carrie? Hopefully she'd answer that like she did last year.

Concert Stars
    ^ I did one on the fanclub, but no reply yet. Maybe someone else should start a thread and ask her too-- as she was nice enough to reply to two of my posts in the past month or so, and I don't want to be greedy. lol

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If i recall, no one knew ahead of time and it was pretty last minute. But then again this is coming from someone who didn't know that Kid Rock hosted last year? Maybe i am loosing my memory!! lol!

Has there been a list of performers? presenters? anything? I haven't seen much about it either!

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by myeverythingKU View Post
    If i recall, no one knew ahead of time and it was pretty last minute. But then again this is coming from someone who didn't know that Kid Rock hosted last year? Maybe i am loosing my memory!! lol!

Has there been a list of performers? presenters? anything? I haven't seen much about it either!
    Actually Trace Adkins Hosted Last Year

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I would be surprised if she goes seeing that she has the Christmas party gig the following night in Cincinnati and travel issues can occur when you are that far away from where you are getting paid to be at.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I would be surprised if she goes seeing that she has the Christmas party gig the following night in Cincinnati and travel issues can occur when you are that far away from where you are getting paid to be at.
    I think she'll go if she wins some awards. Last year she went even though she had a tour date the day before and the day after the show.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I think she'll go if she wins some awards. Last year she went even though she had a tour date the day before and the day after the show.
    If she goes she better hope that there are no travel issues after she has an agreement to play at a private event.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    If she goes she better hope that there are no travel issues after she has an agreement to play at a private event.
    I'm sure they have emergency plans in place should something like that occur.

I just hope Carrie's able to tell us one way or the other. Have they announced all the performers and presenters?

Carrie Guru
    I think she attended last year because she had won 6 awards.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    She had to attend or it would have been major fail for Fox 1st ACA show. I imagine they hope the awards are spread out a little better this yr.

Concert Stars
    All I know is if Carrie is there I will watch. Otherwise if not, not so much.

Concert Stars
    ^ I may watch to see Scotty perform. lol I like that kid. lol But if SWSRN is performing or shows up to win another series of awards, I think I will pass. I cannot stand one more fake surprise look this year. I have had my full.

•  
    Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast