Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    Carrie Guru

[Nov 9] 45th Annual Country Music Awards (Official Event Discussion Thread)

The 45th annual CMA Awards airs live on ABC Nov. 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood serve as hosts for the fourth consecutive year.

CMT : CMA Awards 2011 : About : Country Music Association

Insane Carrie Fan
    Has there ever been a link available for live streaming (on internet) during CMAs?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Does anyone know if Keith Urban will be able to perform now that he's had to postpone his appearances? His rep was unclear about it, because she said he will honor his "one song commitment" for something, but he has two scheduled performances at the CMA's. I hope he's able to perform, especially because I heard he's performing "Walk In The Country" with Scotty; it'd be a big bummer for Scotty if that fell through.

i can't watch it live. I live outside America and local TVs here don't broadcast it. I hope someone will cap every performance and every part of Carrie/Brad hosting and post it on Youtube.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    TheBoot says he's performing. He's not doing You Gonna Fly?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Does anyone know if Keith Urban will be able to perform now that he's had to postpone his appearances? His rep was unclear about it, because she said he will honor his "one song commitment" for something, but he has two scheduled performances at the CMA's. I hope he's able to perform, especially because I heard he's performing "Walk In The Country" with Scotty; it'd be a big bummer for Scotty if that fell through.
    Keith, Brad & Vince are doing a tribute to Glen Campbell.

Concert Stars
    Maybe he'll just play guitar.
    Singing is much harder on the vocal chords than just soft talking. He'd be better off just resting.
    But I'm not sure how serious the condition was.
    But if it were me? I'd just play this one.
    His voice is his life. It's not worth one show.
    As for CMA's, I am once again looking forward to Carrie doing what has become her signature. Co-host with such style, grace and beauty it makes it hard to remember that we are there to give "other people" awards.
    In some ways it is so nice to see her without pressure and stress over winning and being judged. Often she looks perfectly happy letting others take the awards cause after all, she is the Master of Ceremonies!

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Maybe he'll just play guitar.
    Singing is much harder on the vocal chords than just soft talking. He'd be better off just resting.
    But I'm not sure how serious the condition was.
    But if it were me? I'd just play this one.
    His voice is his life. It's not worth one show.
    As for CMA's, I am once again looking forward to Carrie doing what has become her signature. Co-host with such style, grace and beauty it makes it hard to remember that we are there to give "other people" awards.
    In some ways it is so nice to see her without pressure and stress over winning and being judged. Often she looks perfectly happy letting others take the awards cause after all, she is the Master of Ceremonies!

Love your post!!! Thanks!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    He may not have to sing in the tribute performance. He could just be playing guitar, and let Brad and Vince sing. Perhaps the CMAs will cut his solo performance if he doesn't feel up to it. Is it confirmed he is joining Scotty for "Walk In The Country". I thought that was speculation at this point.

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    You guys know i'm a huge Keith fan so i can tell you everything i know. He had to cancel his next 3 performances at the Opry, and postpone his All For The Hall benefit concert that is in January, mainly because like stated above, those are more than one song commitments. He's honestly not even supposed to be doing anything at all, but being the kind soul and artist Keith is, he is still doing everything on the CMAs and Country Christmas taping. As far as we know, there is speculation of 3 different performances Wednesday night, solo 'You Gonna Fly', Glen Campbell tribute with Brad & Vince, and "Walkin The Country" with Scotty, which was actually Keith's song, he contacted Scotty and told him to record it With all that being said, i have a feeling he may sing his single and play guitar for the other ones. Just a guess though. PLEASE guys, keep him in your prayers, he has had trouble with this before but has never had the surgery for it. Hopefully it will make him better all around, and stronger and happier. Not that he needs any of that, because he is absolutely amazing the way he is!! But seriously, i'd be completely and totally lost without him.

Hope that answered all of your questions! lol!! Also, thanks for starting this thread! I won't be here much because i leave for Nashville Tuesday!! I'll be there in person to see Carrie win Female Vocalist of the year and to see Keith win Male Vocalist of the Year & ETOY Positive thoughts, guys!! On that note, i'm off to vote on ACAs!! haha

Concert Stars
    Hey, before you go....
    Can you clear up what exactly the surgery was for?
    Was it knobules on his chords?
    I still say he should rest his voice.
    But in your honor I will say he is a great cat and very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Hey, before you go....
    Can you clear up what exactly the surgery was for?
    Was it knobules on his chords?
    I still say he should rest his voice.
    But in your honor I will say he is a great cat and very talented.

Keith Urban :: New News Today!

This is the article I found yesterday about Keith's surgery.

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    As far as we know, he has a polyp on his vocal cord that just needs to come off, because if he doesn't do anything about it, it will just get bigger and worse as time goes on. This happens to a lot of singers i guess. I gotta say, he has been out on the road since April and he has been putting on two plus hour shows, 3-4 times a week and i know that throughout the tour it's already been bugging him. I can tell by his little tendencies. He'd had throat spray and sometimes have to cut out Georgia Woods from the setlist. I'm surprised he didn't have to do something about it sooner!

And i'll still be here until Monday night!

I just found this article with Brad talking about himself and Carrie and the CMA's and their singing together.

Brad Paisley Compares His Connection with Carrie Underwood to Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn-Country Music Is Love

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the article, Ann! Sounds like Brad and Carrie have some fun things planned for the CMAs, and I can't wait for them to record more music together.

I just love Brad and Carrie's friendship. I love that Brad talks about them like country music icons Loretta and Conway. When I think about Loretta and Conway and George and Tammy (even though their connection was more than friendship), I like that Brad puts their friendship in such iconic terms for us old folks that have been around for a long time. We've had Tim and Faith but it's been a long time for two artists to simply be known as "Brad and Carrie" like they are doing in the CMA promos this year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^ I know! Just think, 50 years from now they will be remembered as "Brad and Carrie" the awesome country music duo!

Just 5 more days!!

Concert Stars
    Since there is no pressure this year due to no awards for Carrie, I am just watching this with the mindset that I hope their hosting job goes great, as well as her performance.

I just hope the night is not all about SWSRN again. I can live with Carrie being shut out again if I must-- but I just cannot stomach another night of SWSRN dominating like in 2009.

So here is my hope:

EOTY: I hope either Brad or Jason wins....but I worry that Jason doesn't have a big enough label to pull it off. That could tip the scale to Brad or Taylor... I just cannot stomach another TS EOTY win right now. UGH.

Male Vocalist: To be honest I don't care that much about this category this year-- but I would like to see Jason (or Brad) win as Jason never wins. Again- not sure if he has the label juice to pull it off though.

Female: Since Carrie is unlikely to win, I am hoping either Sara or Miranda wins. Please don't repeat the mistake of 2009, voters. No SWSRN in this category. lol

Album: Hoping Brad wins this, since Carrie is on the album & it really is a good album. But I would be happy if Zac Brown Band won too as their album rocks, or Jason or even Blake won too. Just no SWSRN. Her album was neither country nor strong this time around, and does not deserve it.

Song/Single: If I Die Young should sweep this. No worries here.

Video: Hoping Brad wins for Old Alabama, as I love that video. But I think Taylor will win for Mean. Admittedly, it was a cute video, but I despise the song so I hope it loses.

Vocal Collab: I would like to see Old Alabama win, but I think Jason/Kelly will win this one.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think the fact that Broken Bow is consistently able to get Jason so many nominations at various awards shows just proves they have some sort of influence, no matter how small of a label they may be. I really like Jason, and I'm really happy someone new is in the spotlight for once. Jason has worked hard for several years now, and I'm happy to see it paying off for him.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Totally agree. I have been following him and love his music. I can't wait for him to accept his awards!

•  
    Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast