Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I would love to know which tribute they were asked to be a part of, though.
    Sorry, can't help you with this one. All the little blurb said was a tribute number with another artist. I believe it said a 'pretty big' artist.

Concert Stars
    I feel like they need to put us out of our misery already.

Either Carrie is performing as part of a tribute, or-- she is just presenting. But there is no way she is just "appearing" as that is not Carrie's style. Plus she is WAY too big of a star to just go and not even be asked to present.

I wonder if Carrie is a SURPRISE performer though? Maybe that is why she has not been announced?

Concert Stars
    David Wild @Wildaboutmusic We're so excited to have a couple of class acts like @itstonybennett and #CarrieUnderwood sing together on @TheGRAMMYs.

Concert Stars
    Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We finally got the news! I am so stoked!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Just shows that Carrie is a Grammy darling. Even in a quiet year, they find a slot for her to perform. This is now 5 out of the last 6 years she has performed, which is a whole lot for any artist and especially a country artist.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I feel like they need to put us out of our misery already.

Either Carrie is performing as part of a tribute, or-- she is just presenting. But there is no way she is just "appearing" as that is not Carrie's style. Plus she is WAY too big of a star to just go and not even be asked to present.

I wonder if Carrie is a SURPRISE performer though? Maybe that is why she has not been announced?
    Gosh this comment almost makes Carrie sound like an annoying diva or something. Not her style???? Are you serious -- not her style??? Carrie has been eligible to go to what 6 Grammys and she's been fortunate enough to be asked to perform at 5 of them. I hardly think Carrie feels like she's too good to attend without participating in the show somehow.

She didn't attend last year -- one year -- because she chose to spend time with her new husband after touring hard for a year. Perhaps she was just tired after all the touring she did and getting married and all and she just wanted to be just Carrie Fisher and enjoy her life. Actually, I think its quite her style to be perfectly happy to attend and sit in the audience and enjoy the music and the show!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Oh this is WONDERFUL news! I was just thinking earlier today how CBS knows all too well that Carrie is a ratings goldmine. After all, even in her quiet year last year, on their network, she had two of the most talked about performances on two different shows. Makes perfect sense to me -- I'd do the same thing if I were a producer or network executive!!!

Pretty amazing run when you consider she's performed at 5 of the 6 shows she could possible attend. I wonder if there's anyone else that has that kind of streak??? I'm so looking forward to this performance.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Gosh this comment almost makes Carrie sound like an annoying diva or something. Not her style???? Are you serious -- not her style??? Carrie has been eligible to go to what 6 Grammys and she's been fortunate enough to be asked to perform at 5 of them. I hardly think Carrie feels like she's too good to attend without participating in the show somehow.

She didn't attend last year -- one year -- because she chose to spend time with her new husband after touring hard for a year. Perhaps she was just tired after all the touring she did and getting married and all and she just wanted to be just Carrie Fisher and enjoy her life. Actually, I think its quite her style to be perfectly happy to attend and sit in the audience and enjoy the music and the show!
    Seriously? I was complimenting Carrie for not being a desperate celebrity sellout like some "hangers on" people by going to events just to be seen like some people-- and you jumped all over me. (confused)

When I say it is not her "style" I meant it in a good way! Meaning--- she usually comes to present or perform but she is not a "hangers on" like some celebs are....where they just go to get their picture taken and be seen. Carrie usually lays low unless she has some specific reason to attend. She doesn't go to Oscar parties unless it is the Elton John charity party or she is a Golden Globe nominee, etc.She is not a "hangers on" person like some...SWSRN>>>.cough cough.

You picked apart what I said and turned it around to something sordid, which is not fair. It was an innocent comment and I meant it as a compliment to Carrie for not being a desperate hanger on of big events like some.

Junior Carrie Follower rottiger's Avatar
    Maybe other performers will be performing with them. Like Lady Gaga and Norah Jones

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Just shows that Carrie is a Grammy darling. Even in a quiet year, they find a slot for her to perform. This is now 5 out of the last 6 years she has performed, which is a whole lot for any artist and especially a country artist.
    Agree. I am so so happy! I bet Carrie will wear a lovely evening gown and get all glammed up like she did for Blue Bloods.

Concert Stars

•  
    Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930