Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok bad news.....Brad's team submitted BOTH Old Alabama and Remind Me for Vocal Country Duo/Group=== so they might cancel each other out now.
    So MAMA's SONG might be our only hope.....*

* Dont worry Tee REMIND ME is strong enough to get nominated anyway.... IMHO.....

Concert Stars
    I'm fairly confident "Remind Me" will get nominated, even alongside "Old Alabama." This is Brad & Carrie, you guys, the same duo that got "Oh Love" nominated a few years ago. Carrie's a little bit of a Grammy darling. I haven't looked at the whole submission list yet, but aside from Jason/Kelly and the Zac Brown Band, I think "Remind Me" is first in line.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hope RM gets some love, It'd be great if MS did but I don't see it getting any. Her team did a better job than I thought!

Concert Stars
    I don't want to be Debbie Downer but Carrie's chance of nominations are very slim. It is a very quiet year for Carrie and she doesn't have the country usic support. With the MVP and FVP combined as one, I don't see Carrie even get a nod, nor do I see Miranda or Taylor. But Carrie is a Grammy Darling and she her sneaking in a nomination. But Grammy nominations are off sometimes (remember last year?).

Our hope mainly lies on RM and I pray to God we get a nomination. (But it's so unfair that Vocal Collab is combined with Dou and Group. It's unfair to the groups and duo that deserves a slot!) I think a win will be difficult because Band Perry is hot at the moment. I am saying it now and that "If we die young" will win country song and TBP will win group!

It's ok, Next year will be our year!
    Also, Adele deserves Song, Record, Album, Pop Female! She is truly amazing and I wish her all the luck!!

Concert Stars
    "If I Die Young" was nominated last year. It can't be nominated this year, and accordingly, wasn't submitted. The Band Perry's only chance is "You Lie." I think The Band Perry are much more likely to win Best New Artist than anything in the country field.

I think "Mama's Song" could make it in. Am I predicting it right now? No, but it's among about ten songs that I think are vying for those Country Vocal slots.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    awesome but I hope, obviously for our sake, that RM prevails over OA! I thought RM would have been nominated for country record of the year, song of the year & country song of the year :/ Very good so far though! I hope Carrie debuts her new single on the Grammy's!

Concert Stars
    Carrie's only other chance for a Grammy this year is if Tony Bennett wins Album of the Year. If so, Carrie wins a Grammy too. lol But I think Adele has it made.

I wish the Movie categories would leak.

It looks like the poster deleted some of the files. Can you still read the lists I posted?

Luckily I printed and downloaded Country before it was taken down. I managed to do it with most of the categories, actually, but I think I lost Best New Artist.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am in the minority but I LOVE that the Grammy's have finally condensed the awards, after all the Grammy's are suppose to be the best of the best and if you the best of the best then you should prove it across the board instead of just winning your gender in your genre.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Good point JB. when do the actual nominations come out? They will & will be able to air a lot more country categories now aswell.

Concert Stars
    Nominations are announced on November 30th, and so far Lady Gaga and Jason Aldean are performing at the nominations concert, as well as reading the nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    Man i think it would be soooooo funny to see the reaction in this forum if MAMA's SONG wins a GRAMMY.... LOL Would all you MS haters suddenly turn into MS lovers..... As for me i would just say I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! And i bet it would be Carries most special Grammy by far!!!!
    I agree completely russ. Mama's Song winning would mean more to Carrie than anything because it was a special song for her mother.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    i'm happy to see THERE'S A PLACE FOR US for POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE
    Not expecting to get nominated, but it's just nice

Concert Stars
    Guys-- since my links were deleted--- supposedly all the lists are compressed into this file....but I cannot open it for some reason. Can any of you? thanx.

submission 2011.rar

Concert Stars
    ^It's not working for me. But I still do have the Best New Artist link you posted up, so I can copy/paste those names and send it to you in awhile if you want.

Carrie Guru
    "Mama's Song" is a weak song , in my opinion.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    ^It's not working for me. But I still do have the Best New Artist link you posted up, so I can copy/paste those names and send it to you in awhile if you want.

thanx! That is the only one I forgot to save.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    "Mama's Song" is a weak song , in my opinion.

It is a fairly weak submission, sadly. I wished they had a lead single to submit but it didn't make the eligibility cutoff.

Had Carrie released a 5th single, she would have had a much strong chance for a nomination as the other songs on the album -- like SWISLY, etc- were definitely grammy worthy.

You can't win them all, let others win also, ok

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Guys-- since my links were deleted--- supposedly all the lists are compressed into this file....but I cannot open it for some reason. Can any of you? thanx.

submission 2011.rar
    I can open it just fine. You need to download it, and then extract it into, where it opens into some 20 PDF files with the lists.

Since we already have Carrie's list, I thought I'd make a list of all the GRAMMYs Carrie could hypothetically win.

Record of the Year - Mama's Song and Remind Me
    Song of the Year - Mama's Song (RM also submitted, but Carrie isn't a songwriter)
    Country Solo Performance - Mama's Song
    Country Duo/Group/Collab - Remind Me
    Short Form Music Video - Remind Me (NO Mama's Song submitted)
    Pop Solo Performance - There's A Place For Us

I'm not sure what the rules are on whether Carrie would get an award for these records, but albums featuring Carrie Underwood have been submitted as below :

Album of The Year - This is Country Music, Brad Paisley (containing Remind Me) AND Duets II, Tony Bennet (containing It Had To Be You)
    Country Album - This is Country Music, Brad Paisley (containing Remind Me)
    Traditional Pop Vocal Album - Duets II, Tony Bennet (containing It Had To Be You)

Finally, in case any one is wondering, Tony Bennet chose not to go with Carrie and It Had To Be You, unfortunately. Body And Soul (with Amy Winehouse) was submitted for Pop Vocal Collab, and The Lady is a Tramp (with Lady GaGa) was submitted for Record of the Year.

The only thing we don't know for sure is whether TAPFU has been submitted for Best Film Song, although I'm fairly certain it would have been - that list just hasn't been leaked yet.

As for predictions - I think we have a good chance for RM getting nods for Collab, and MAAAAYYYYBEEEE Record of the Year. MS has a small, yet highly unlikely chance at Solo Performance, and no chance whatsoever at Song and Record. TAPFU (if submitted) has a GOOD chance of getting nominated, and even winning Movie Song.
    Although it seems to be an unpopular opinion, I actually think TAPFU has a small chance of getting it's nom at Pop Vocal. If they had the old categories of Male and Female, I'd say it'd have a good chance at Female. They always seem to include one less-heard song in the nominations - Adele (way back when she was less-heard), Sara Barielles, etc. With the combined categories, however, I must say our chances verge on zero for that nomination.

As for albums, Duets II and TICM have zero chance at winning Album of The Year, although Duets may get a nomination. Duets is almost certianly going to be nominated for Traditional Pop, and may well win it - BUT, WE DON'T KNOW IF SHE GETS AN AWARD FOR THAT, CARY PLEASE HELP. TICM may also be nominated for Country Album, though a win is unlikely with SWSRN hovering over us like a lecherous beast.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Official nominations come out on November 30, 2011. The Nominations Concert will be aired on CBS at 9pm.

•  
    Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast