Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

New Carrie Blog! 10/7

Hey guys!

Carrie blogged today. She talks about hockey (Mike will be back on the ice soon), finding Halloween costumes (she had no luck because most look like they belong in Playboy...) and she recorded some background vocals for the new album recently, which she said was a new experience for her.

Check it out!

Concert Stars
    Awesome going there now! Mike is on the road for hockey so this is a good time for her to blog. Lol

Aaaakkk! Any album talk gets me hyperexcited these days, lol!

Question about Carrie saying that recording the background vocals being a new experience for her - I thought she already did that in past songs? I know she also sang background for Home Sweet Home. Thanks

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Hey guys!

Carrie blogged today.... and she recorded some background vocals for the new album recently, which she said was a new experience for her.

Check it out!
    Thanks for that!
    I'm intrigued as to what the quoted part means.
    Do you think she has a guest singing lead on one track? Or is she double tracking her own voice?
    Any ideas?

Sorry - I missed Claire's post - how did that work, I'm a bit lost on the details..?

Concert Stars
    Thanks, going over there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Thanks for that!
    I'm intrigued as to what the quoted part means.
    Do you think she has a guest singing lead on one track? Or is she double tracking her own voice?
    Any ideas?

Sorry - I missed Claire's post - how did that work, I'm a bit lost on the details..?
    Double tracking - she's the lead vocals, as well as back-up vocals too.

She's really leaking NOTHING this time, IS SHE??

She's clearly making an effort to keep it all confidential until the announcement of the release. I think the one time she cracked was when she replied to that thread, assuring us that things were moving, and she was working hard.

I know we're pushing her like crazy, but I don't want her to feel bad for making us wait in the dark. AND, I definitely don't want to compromise the quality of the album for our impatience.

Let's hold it together guys! Can't be too long

Concert Stars
    I think it is cool that she did her own background vocals. We will have to watch for that when the album comes out.

I had this idea today how awesome it would be if she did a duet with allison krauss.

I want her to have some collaborations on this album. She has only had one duet so far on her albums with sons of sylvia. Time for her to expand her horizons and collab with others for her own albums.

^ I feel like Carrie collaborates with people plenty outside of her albums, so I'm happy with all solo material.

You can tell Mike's been busy lately - Carrie's been so much more active on the FC the last few days. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    ^ I feel like Carrie collaborates with people plenty outside of her albums, so I'm happy with all solo material.

You can tell Mike's been busy lately - Carrie's been so much more active on the FC the last few days. Lol
    I disagree. Although she's done some 300 duets, she has never been the "lead singer" on any - the person who has the majority to sing, on whose record the song goes, etc. I'm not complaining or anything - RM was way more about Carrie than Brad (and her legs stole the video too, lol!). But I'd like a duet on her album this time.

I'd also love a double-female duet (Does He Love You!!!). I think a duet with Krauss could be great too, Tee.

If she wanted something faster, she could kill a duet with ML too. Even though she has been awarded more than she deserves, she's still a bloody good singerin her own right. I'd love a Lambert-Underwood duet.

Or maybe one with one of the legends - Dolly/Reba/Martina?

Or Shania - she's been compared to her a lot.

I'm so confused :P

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I disagree. Although she's done some 300 duets, she has never been the "lead singer" on any - the person who has the majority to sing, on whose record the song goes, etc. I'm not complaining or anything - RM was way more about Carrie than Brad (and her legs stole the video too, lol!). But I'd like a duet on her album this time.

I'd also love a double-female duet (Does He Love You!!!). I think a duet with Krauss could be great too, Tee.

If she wanted something faster, she could kill a duet with ML too. Even though she has been awarded more than she deserves, she's still a bloody good singerin her own right. I'd love a Lambert-Underwood duet.

Or maybe one with one of the legends - Dolly/Reba/Martina?

Or Shania - she's been compared to her a lot.

I'm so confused :P
    Ramble much?

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ahh talk about the album gets me so excited! I wonder if this song will make the album, it would be interesting to hear. And since we're talking about collaborations I'd love for her to collaborate with someone on this album, WCIS is a collaboration and it's my favorite song by her ever so I'm all for another one

Idk, maybe it's just me. I'm just a little burned out on collaborations, I just *really* want new solo music! lol. Last new solo music we had was TAPFU a year ago.

Ty
    Aren't BGVs typically recorded near the final completion of a song? She said a 'couple', so maybe they're finalizing the lead single contenders?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie sang "Does He Love You" with Jaime O'Neal. Great job by both. I can hardly wait for Carrie's new album to be finished. I'm like the rest of you, starving for new Carrie music.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I think it is cool that she did her own background vocals. We will have to watch for that when the album comes out.

I had this idea today how awesome it would be if she did a duet with allison krauss.

I want her to have some collaborations on this album. She has only had one duet so far on her albums with sons of sylvia. Time for her to expand her horizons and collab with others for her own albums.
    I would love for her to have some quality duet songs in her hand or given to her for this upcoming album.
    Yes, she has collaborated with quite a few artists over the years but they've all just been covers. I anticipate the await of the day for a proper collaboration with another artist (that can keep up!!) that will make a mark in country music and be in the same company as the other great duet songs in history like Reba (Does He Love You, If You See Him If You See Her, The Heart Can't Lie...etc), Brad (Whiskey Lullaby)...etc.

Concert Stars
    what did she mean about putting together her smoke machine?

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    I would love for her to have some quality duet songs in her hand or given to her for this upcoming album.
    Yes, she has collaborated with quite a few artists over the years but they've all just been covers. I anticipate the await of the day for a proper collaboration with another artist (that can keep up!!) that will make a mark in country music and be in the same company as the other great duet songs in history like Reba (Does He Love You, If You See Him If You See Her, The Heart Can't Lie...etc), Brad (Whiskey Lullaby)...etc.
    That's true. I'd be down for some new original duets! I still can't wait to find out who she's doing Crossroads with.

Concert Stars
    Awesome! Thanks for the updates

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    what did she mean about putting together her smoke machine?
    I imagine it's for Halloween!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast