Arista is no more

Does this affect Arista Nashville and Carrie, or is this just the New York division?

Jive Records, Arista Records, and J Records are no more: RCA announced today that those labels would be folded into the regular RCA banner.
    Adios, Arista and Jive Records -- Vulture

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    WOW!!! This may be the reason that Carrie and her team have been vague about her album release and a new single. This may have also been the reason why a 5th single was not released from Play On. I think and have for a long time that there is a lot we do not know---and now this. Fuller will take good care of Carrie and make sure she is treated right. Since Brad is with Arista also---what will happen to him?

RCA is the worst label ever

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Slow down on the overreaction.

If it effects anything it will just be the artists albums coming out under a different label name, this will have NO effect on the money making artist.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Does this affect Arista Nashville and Carrie, or is this just the New York division?

Adios, Arista and Jive Records -- Vulture
    This has no effect on Carrie. The merging of labels occurred within the RCA Music Group division of Sony. Sony Nashville is a separate division.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ Phew, I was worried it would affect Carrie too

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    ^ Phew, I was worried it would affect Carrie too
    The people this will effect is aritst who don't sell and people in management.

just another fan

all this label merging isn't good news. its like one machine will be responsible for the mass production of music.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So Carrie's with Sony Nashville or RCA now? :/ I thought they are both owned by Sony!? What will be Carrie's label rep name now on the MB chart?

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    So Carrie's with Sony Nashville or RCA now? :/ I thought they are both owned by Sony!? What will be Carrie's label rep name now on the MB chart?
    RCA Music Group and Sony Nashville are 2 divisions of Sony Music. What happens in one does not necessarily affect the other. As for the label listing, it should be Arista Nashville or Sony Nashville.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    all this label merging isn't good news. its like one machine will be responsible for the mass production of music.
    Your right Jeff and its a BIG MACHINE

^Lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    No Changes At Arista Nashville | AllAccess.com

No Changes At Arista Nashville

Gary Overton

A story in the HOLLYWOOD REPORTER (10/7) that featured RCA RECORDS' CEO PETER EDGE and COO TOM CORSON, discussing the retirement of the JIVE and ARISTA labels and where their artists moved to, raised some concerns about ARISTA NASHVILLE.

SONY MUSIC NASHVILLE Chairman/CEO GARY OVERTON responded, "ARISTA NASHVILLE and its respective roster are not impacted in any way. Our four-label SONY MUSIC NASHVILLE operations remain unchanged."

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn7 View Post
    No Changes At Arista Nashville | AllAccess.com

No Changes At Arista Nashville

Gary Overton

A story in the HOLLYWOOD REPORTER (10/7) that featured RCA RECORDS' CEO PETER EDGE and COO TOM CORSON, discussing the retirement of the JIVE and ARISTA labels and where their artists moved to, raised some concerns about ARISTA NASHVILLE.

SONY MUSIC NASHVILLE Chairman/CEO GARY OVERTON responded, "ARISTA NASHVILLE and its respective roster are not impacted in any way. Our four-label SONY MUSIC NASHVILLE operations remain unchanged."

Too bad they didn't change him out!!!!! I vote for bringing back Joe G.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post

Too bad they didn't change him out!!!!! I vote for bringing back Joe G.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    I agree. It feels like we're on the verge of some massive changes in the way the music industry works.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The issue that Sony/RCA has is that they had way to many labels and not enough artists who were selling to make it profitable to run as many labels as they had.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    I don't think it would matter to Carrie's career she will be great with or without Arista.......she will do great no matter what......as long as the warriors are here......which will be always.....the merging labels with our sweet Carrie on board will be a bigger machine than Big Machine.......look out Scott Borchetta!!!!!!!!

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It is scary and stuff, because you never know what will happen ... but i agree, and i think Carrie will be just fine, with our without them. She has SO much talent and such a strong, loyal fan base that i highly doubt any of that matters. I don't know the first thing about it really, but i think she will be just fine!

•