Concert Stars

Sony Music Nashville Site

Wow - the Sony Music Nashville site has changed since I'd been there; granted, it's been awhile.

It's obvious who they are promoting currently. Hopefully we will be seeing some new info regarding Carrie soon. Looking forward to the promo PR to switch to Carrie very soon!

Carrie news watch:

Sony Music Nashville | Sony Nashville

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    They couldn't come up with one little thing to put on Carrie's picture??
    How about CMA FVOTY nominee? Oh but I guess that doesn't mesh with the ML lovefest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I just read last week that Sony Nashville is restructured. Miranda in now with Sony Nashville and Carrie is with ARISTA Nashville. They are their own separate entities now.

Concert Stars
    Sony Music Nashville Completes Restructuring-Country Music Is Love

This article explains the entire restructuring and who is with who. Carrie and Brad are with Arista Nashville

Concert Stars
    Still nothing on Carrie's picture under Arista Nashville. Site not much different than Sony Nashville.

Interesting, the last Press Release for Carrie was 3/22/2011.

Sony Music Nashville | Arista Nashville

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I just read last week that Sony Nashville is restructured. Miranda in now with Sony Nashville and Carrie is with ARISTA Nashville. They are their own separate entities now.
    Huh? They're both under Sony Nashville -Carrie under Arista and Miranda under RCA
    the link you posted clearly shows that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Huh? They're both under Sony Nashville -Carrie under Arista and Miranda under RCA
    the link you posted clearly shows that.
    You are right, all Sony did was some housekeeping they still own all the labels that is listed on their site.

Concert Stars
    Unreal-- if you click the link Gator provided-- all the artists have something to brag about next to their picture--- but Carrie. There is a ton of stuff next to Miranda's name-- and all Carrie's picture says is "Carrie Underwood"-- with no accomplishments next to her name....as if she has never won anything in her life. What a joke.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The main problem with the promotion on that site is that getting to it is not very intuitive - what you have to do is click on Carrie's photo, before it shifts to the next artist. It will then bring up a decent biography of Carrie, with several photos (but, as far as I can see, no videos?)

Columbia do things a little differently - but still not intuitively. You think all the promotion's going to Brandi Carlile, with a tiny picture of the Court Yard Hounds, but if you move the slider along, they suddenly get bigger, and their bio comes up, this time with several videos. Arista should definitely put up Carrie's videos on their site.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Unreal-- if you click the link Gator provided-- all the artists have something to brag about next to their picture--- but Carrie. There is a ton of stuff next to Miranda's name-- and all Carrie's picture says is "Carrie Underwood"-- with no accomplishments next to her name....as if she has never won anything in her life. What a joke.
    YES, but she belongs to RCA and NOT to ARISTA where the superstars are

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The RM video is on the front page of the site Gator linked to...I'd consider that pretty good promo for both Carrie and Brad. Also if you scroll through the videos on the main page, the video for Mama's Song is there. Carrie is not the only artist without something next to their picture...Danny Gokey, Jake Owen, Casey James and others don't have anything either. Furthermore, the accomplishments on the pictures on the main page are for their most current projects. Carrie doesn't have a current project of her own, nor has she won any awards recently to list on the picture. When she does, I'm sure they'll add them.
    When Carrie's new single and album are released, there will be more Carrie promo on the site.

I'm wasting my breath here though, because some people around here will still think the supposed lack of Carrie promo on the site is another indication she should switch labels.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    The main problem with the promotion on that site is that getting to it is not very intuitive - what you have to do is click on Carrie's photo, before it shifts to the next artist. It will then bring up a decent biography of Carrie, with several photos (but, as far as I can see, no videos?)

Columbia do things a little differently - but still not intuitively. You think all the promotion's going to Brandi Carlile, with a tiny picture of the Court Yard Hounds, but if you move the slider along, they suddenly get bigger, and their bio comes up, this time with several videos. Arista should definitely put up Carrie's videos on their site.
    But there is no caption on Carrie's photos with her awards or accomplishments like they have for Miranda and others. They just left her picture plain like she had never won a thing-- and put tons of accomplishments on the other people's photos.

I really dislike this new Label head. He is so biased in favor or Miranda it is unreal.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    The RM video is on the front page of the site Gator linked to...I'd consider that pretty good promo for both Carrie and Brad. Also if you scroll through the videos on the main page, the video for Mama's Song is there. Carrie is not the only artist without something next to their picture...Danny Gokey, Jake Owen, Casey James and others don't have anything either. Furthermore, the accomplishments on the pictures on the main page are for their most current projects. Carrie doesn't have a current project of her own, nor has she won any awards recently to list on the picture. When she does, I'm sure they'll add them.
    When Carrie's new single and album are released, there will be more Carrie promo on the site.

I'm wasting my breath here though, because some people around here will still think the supposed lack of Carrie promo on the site is another indication she should switch labels.
    Ok no offense-- but are you seriously comparing Carrie to Danny Gokey and Casey, Jake Owen? They are like newbies. Carrie has accomplished tons more then all of them and even Miranda combined....and yet she has no love on that site. So obvious what is going on.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I haven't been to the site, but I'm just going to harbor a guess that the reason Carrie doesn't have FVOTY or EOTY by her name is because she is not the reigning person in that category. Let's face it, it's been a while since Carrie won one of the big three awards (ACM, CMA, and Grammy), so I don't think they would want to put a 2 year old accomplishment on there.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    But there is no caption on Carrie's photos with her awards or accomplishments like they have for Miranda and others. They just left her picture plain like she had never won a thing-- and put tons of accomplishments on the other people's photos.

I really dislike this new Label head. He is so biased in favor or Miranda it is unreal.
    Looking at how it is portrayed, they're just listing the CURRENT awards. Miranda IS the reigning Female Vocalist for both CMA and ACM currently so it's understandable why she would be listed and not Carrie.
    Carrie hasn't won a single award in the last 2 years hence the absence of "the list".

Concert Stars
    Wait until Carrie's album comes out - if they still have her last with nothing on her photo , then you could say they are neglectful but they could have said Play ON 3 #1 singles or something , yes I agree they could have added one thing

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ok no offense-- but are you seriously comparing Carrie to Danny Gokey and Casey, Jake Owen? They are like newbies. Carrie has accomplished tons more then all of them and even Miranda combined....and yet she has no love on that site. So obvious what is going on.
    Oh Tee lol...I wasn't comparing Carrie to any of those people. I was simply letting you and others know that Carrie wasn't the only person without something on her picture because it had been said here that Carrie was the only one. As I have said, and others as well, the accomplishments listed are current ones. Carrie doesn't have any current things to list because she has no current single of her own nor album. Why would they list accomplishments from two or three years ago lol?
    If you read my post, I listed some evidence of Carrie promo on the main page on that site: RM video, MS video and really the fact that Carrie's picture is right there on the scroll despite the fact that she has nothing to promote right now. The label wants people to know that she is one of their artists, and they want people to see her face when they go to the site.
    I guess I don't see what you think of as "so obvious" lol. We can agree to disagree though.

•