Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Drew Dawson Davis "Temporary Home" cover

I've been following this guy's covers for awhile now, he's an unsigned artist & a huge country fan.

He's really, really talented. A lot of people think he sounds like Gary from Rascal Flatts, and he counts Gary as a huge influence too.

Anyway, he covered Carrie's "Temporary Home," and I thought I'd share his talent with you guys.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    He's pretty good! Although his "Old Man" verse isn't nearly as emotional as Carrie's take but still pretty good. He should get on Idol to try and get a recording contract.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    He does a great a job.

Concert Stars
    Listening to his cover right now! He sounds incredible! Definitely has that Gary (from Rascal Flatts) tone in his voice! Thanks for sharing

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    He's pretty good! Although his "Old Man" verse isn't nearly as emotional as Carrie's take but still pretty good. He should get on Idol to try and get a recording contract.

He replied to someone that he tried out for Idol, but I think he was rejected, for some reason.

He's working on an album now, and replied to someone who asked about it.

Hahaa...well...just have some things to finish up with and then it'll start on it. I thought it would have been done by now but when it is it'll be awesome.[

I forgot about these, but Drew has also covered "So Small" and "Jesus Take The Wheel as well.

Concert Stars
    He has a beautiful voice!!

Concert Stars
    he does sound a little bit like Gary! different still, but similar

Junior Carrie Follower
    He would be a great opener for one of Carrie's concerts with his own music. Great voice and talent. Sure wish Carrie would hear him.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Listen to this one. He sounds just like them.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    That first song, TH, in particular, is pretty remarkable. As female singers vocally dominate the solo contemporary scene, and Carrie can run rings round most singers on Country radio, it takes quite a bit of courage and commitment to cover one of her songs - especially a recent one that she co-wrote and performed with some special vocal flourishes. Drew even includes the falsetto parts. I think he shows real love and respect for a song that's not easy to perform creditably, and quite a standout among recent hits.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    That first song, TH, in particular, is pretty remarkable. As female singers vocally dominate the solo contemporary scene, and Carrie can run rings round most singers on Country radio, it takes quite a bit of courage and commitment to cover one of her songs - especially a recent one that she co-wrote and performed with some special vocal flourishes. Drew even includes the falsetto parts. I think he shows real love and respect for a song that's not easy to perform creditably, and quite a standout among recent hits.
    I agree. He does an incredible job. Carrie would probably agree.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    He sounds amazing. Wow.

Concert Stars
    So I posted Drew was a huge Rascal Flatts fan.

He just posted a video on youtube, saying how he met one of their band members, Travis, in 2006, and they kept in touch.

He has a friend who's a huge fan (from Ireland!), and he was able to get in touch with Travis so she was able to meet them.

The guys have actually seen some of Drew's covers. here's what he said:

For those of you who don't know, I met Travis Toy back in 05 or 06 in Nashville when I lived there. He plays Steel guitar, banjo, bass guitar, and rhythm guitar in the band with the Flatts. I was always meeting famous people, and band members and players etc. and My buddy Mike who plays for some big names in the biz knew Travis so there we all were at a get together. Then....after some time had passed Travis wrote me up (this was like.2 years ago or so) and commented on how Jo Don had shown him some of the covers he hadn't seen etc. and how much he and the Flatts dug them. I guess they watched them while on the bus etc. I thought that was cool.

I won't post the whole story because it's really long, but Drew made a video & the whole story of his experience is in the description.

•