Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

Cma country christmas

Just read how Jennifer Nettles was going to be hosting the CMA Country Christmas. Will Carrie be performing on this?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    No but I heard that swsrn is going to strum her own version of silent night............................................. ..........j/k

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Rachel (Sugarlandgirl4life) just posted this article about the special in the Sugarland thread:

Jennifer Nettles Returns as Host of ‘CMA Country Christmas’-Country Music Is Love

It doesn't mention any potential performers, but there is a cute Carrie quote from Jennifer. Plus it states that the special is taping the day after the CMAs.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I sure hope Carrie will be on - I would love to have my 2 favorite girls there Fingers crossed that she is and also that Little Big Town gets asked again.

As far as TS goes - I don't really care. It won't change my mind a bit.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Guess we'll get more info later - still hoping Miss Carrie will be on it!! Does anyone know who was on it last year?

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's only a day after the CMAs therefore if carrie really wanted to do it I don't see why not.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    It's only a day after the CMAs therefore if carrie really wanted to do it I don't see why not.
    She would have to have her rehearsal that morning.

Concert Stars
    Carrie wasn't on it last year, and with this being the year of a new album cycle I'm assuming she'll take part...

Concert Stars
    I hope I hope I hope!!!!
    Love Christmas, Love Carrie.
    Hope she is there.
    I was so excited to know that Carrie had done a Christmas Special and (have to be completely honest) was disappointed that it did not have more christmas themed skits and songs.
    I would love this.
    I hope I hope I hope.......

Concert Stars
    i Hope she is on it as I really enjoyed this show last year--- and was bummed Carrie was not on it.

Hopefully she can do it this year since she is not on tour, so there is no real reason not to do it....as it is right in Nashville.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I hope I hope I hope!!!!
    Love Christmas, Love Carrie.
    Hope she is there.
    I was so excited to know that Carrie had done a Christmas Special and (have to be completely honest) was disappointed that it did not have more christmas themed skits and songs.
    I would love this.
    I hope I hope I hope.......

I sure hope Carrie is offered another special of her own this year! I thoroughly enjoyed a night full of Carrie Carrie Carrie. it was awesome she got to perform so many songs (that normally don't get to be performed publicly) off her new album.

I can easily see Carrie being over there. Although it may not be encouraged by her 'people', she COULD do How Great Thou Art again on national television!

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wonder when they will announce the performers!! I went last year and it was very fun, hopefully i can do it again this year too!

Concert Stars
    I wonder if Carrie is not on CMA Country Christmas, it is indicative of her having another Holiday Special? If Carrie does another Holiday Special, I hope there is more "holiday" music! Personally, I hope she is on the CMA Country Christmas AND her own Holiday Special (a little greedy, I know...)!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I wonder if Carrie is not on CMA Country Christmas, it is indicative of her having another Holiday Special? If Carrie does another Holiday Special, I hope there is more "holiday" music! Personally, I hope she is on the CMA Country Christmas AND her own Holiday Special (a little greedy, I know...)!!
    Not greedy, just wishful, haha. That would be pretty sweet - I enjoyed Carrie's special too

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Gater--I am with you on this one. I would love Carrie to do another Holiday special this year. I even thought about emailing Fox to put the idea to them. The ratings were great for the show and I think they would be again. Anyone think this would be a good idea?

Concert Stars
    ^^ Interesting question, Adam. I wonder how far in advance they do planning for specials. If they had a high demand, perhaps they would!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^ Interesting question, Adam. I wonder how far in advance they do planning for specials. If they had a high demand, perhaps they would!
    I don't know ANYTHING about planning, etc.. I think they would have enough time to do a show again---like you said---IF they had a high demand. Any ideas anyone?

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

If I remember correctly, Carrie mentioned in an interview it took them a good 6-8 months to plan everything.

Fox released the information for the special during the second week of October; I suppose there's a chance we could be getting something this year.

At the same time, if Carrie is working on a new album & has plans to release it this year, I don't know if she'd have time.

Carrie's priorities have been very different since she married Mike; I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to do another one simply because of the work involved. She's going to be plenty busy with the new album, and she might just want to spend as much downtime as possible with Mike before her life gets crazy again.

I could be wrong, but it's just a hutch I have.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    You may be right cff. I guess I am just greedy for some Carrie news/song/album-----ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast