Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

Jake Owen, Band Perry to Announce CMA Nominations 9-6

At least it is not the usual suspects doing the announcements. lol I think Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, & Brad will have the most nominations.

Aug

CMA Awards Nominations to be Announced From Two Cities on Tuesday, September 6

“Country Music’s Biggest Morning” will be Tuesday, Sept. 6, when, as we previously reported, the final nominees for “The 45th Annual CMA Awards” are announced from two cities.
    The Band Perry and Jake Owen will announce the final nominees in five CMA Awards categories live from the “Good Morning America” studios in the heart of New York City’s Times Square on the ABC Television Network. The announcement will air in the 8:30 AM/ET half-hour segment of the morning news program. During the broadcast, Owen will also perform his current Top Five single “Barefoot Blue Jean Night.”

Later that morning, Jerrod Niemann and Thompson Square will announce the finalists in seven CMA Awards categories from Nashville at a press conference at the historic Ryman Auditorium.
    Also in Nashville, the JaneDear girls will announce the finalists for the 2011 CMA Broadcast Award Personality and Radio Station of the Year in four categories (small, medium, large, and major markets), as well as the finalists for the CMA National Broadcast Personality.

“CMT Insider Special Edition: 2011 CMA Awards Nominations,” featuring in-depth coverage of all the nominations, artist interviews, and more, will premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 7 (11:30 AM/ET). The 30-minute special will re-air on Saturday, Sept. 10 (1:30 PM/ET) and again on Sunday, Sept. 11 (11:00 AM/ET) on CMT.
    CMA’s official radio partner, Premiere Radio Network, will carry the Awards and Broadcast Award nominations live to Country Radio.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thank goodness they are doing the nominations all in one day instead of two days.

Concert Stars
    Crossing my fingers for SOMETHING!!!!!

Concert Stars
    sure hoping our girl gets lots of noms and RM gets some love as well. I really hope TBP and Jason A gets lots of recognition.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'm actually a little scared. August flew by. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I can't wait to see the nominations. It always interesting to see who gets the nominations (particularly in the song and album categories), and who gets ignored. I would think the female vocalist, male vocalist, group and duo categories will likely look pretty similar to last year. The song categories and album categories are the ones I really wait to see. The only nominations I'm nervous about seeing are those for EOTY. After last year's shocking nominations, I'm not even going to hazard a guess on who is nominated for the top honor this year.

sweet don't have to wait very long at all

Carrie Follower
    im not expecting much, but female vocalist and anything remind me gets nominated!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    'If I Die Young' is not eligible for song/single this year right?

Concert Stars
    I am not sure about If I Die Youngs eligibility. It was nominated at acms but i dont think it was nominated at the cmas yet. Could be wrong.

I think it will win if eligible.

Concert Stars
    Glad they are using some fresh faces.
    I am not expecting anything. therefore, I will not be disappointed.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    After all the months of speculations, we are finally going to see what this award show will do for Carrie!! It'll be one of the better ones as she'll be co-host and that alone will be great to look forward to!! Still keeping my fingers crossed also!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

I think it will win if eligible.
    That's what I was thinking. Anyway did a little digging, eligibility period for the 2011 CMA Awards is July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011. 'If I Die Young' was released on June 7, 2010 but it peaked within the eligibility period does that mean it still can be nominated?

Concert Stars
    Unfortunately, "if i die young" was officially released as a single June 7th, 2010 so that is before the cutoff date I think. I hope there is someway it can still get nominated because I could definitely see it winning Song of the year.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    You think "If I die young" would win due to its crossover pop success? The song wasn't THAT big on the Country charts, at least not enough to win Song of the Year, IMO.

Concert Stars
    actually i wasn't really taking into consideration it's crossover success. It was a number one hit so that is big enough in my opinion. But more than anything was it had a ton of critical success. Imo, single of the year is more about which song had the most chart success and Song of the Year is more about critical success which "if i die young" had a lot of along with pretty good chart success as well.

Concert Stars
    I did a little research, and here are some of the songs from bigger names that are eligible for awards this year if based on release date, and not radio peak date:

As She's Walking Away, Colder Weather and Knee Deep (Zac Brown Band)
    This Is Country Music and Old Alabama (Brad Paisley)
    Put You In A Song and Without You (Keith Urban)
    Only Prettier and Heart Like Mine (Miranda Lambert)
    Hello World and Just A Kiss (Lady Antebellum)
    Don't You Wanna Stay, and Dirt Road Anthem (Jason Aldean)
    Stuck Like Glue (Sugarland)
    Felt Good On My Lips (Tim McGraw)
    Country Strong (Gwyneth Paltrow) (Not a big name in country, but the song got a lot of attention)
    Who Are You When I'm Not Looking and Honey Bee (Blake Shelton)
    Why Wait and I Won't Let Go (Rascal Flatts)
    Turn On The Radio (Reba)
    Boys Of Fall, Somewhere With You, Live A Little, and You & Tequila (Kenny Chesney)
    A Little Bit Stronger (Sara Evans)

Of course, we know that Mama's Song and Remind Me are eligible as well.

Based off this list, I can't see Miranda getting any song nominations, but she might get a video nom for Only Prettier. Blake may get a nomination for Honey Bee. Tim, ZBB, Kenny, Jason and Brad are likely pretty good bets for a least some sort of nomination for their songs. I hope Lady A gets a video nom for Hello World.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Im hoping for FVOTY and anything RM is nominated for which hopefully gets a few nominations!

Concert Stars
    I thought I'd do a little list for albums that are eligible from bigger names as well, for those that are curious:

The Band Perry
    Country Strong Soundtrack
    Get Closer, Keith Urban
    Hemingway's Whiskey, Kenny Chesney
    The Incredible Machine, Sugarland
    Speak Now, Taylor Swift
    You Get What You Give, Zac Brown Band
    Ronnie Dunn
    This Is Country Music, Brad Paisley

I hope Ronnie Dunn gets a nomination, as well as Brad. I hope Sugarland does, too, but it is not likely to happen at all. Unfortunately, Taylor will likely be on the list.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Anyway did a little digging, eligibility period for the 2011 CMA Awards is July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011. 'If I Die Young' was released on June 7, 2010 but it peaked within the eligibility period does that mean it still can be nominated?
    I think it is eligible since it didn't peak in the eligibility period--- but Cary is the expert on this....so I will defer to him. lol

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast