Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9-23 Speculation

Hey! So we know that September 23rd is shaping up to be a pretty big day for Carrie with her performance in the I Heart Country Radio concert in Las Vegas and the showing of her guest starring on Blue Bloods. Plus Soul Surfer is being released in foreign counties that day as well. To this feels like the perfect time for her to release a new single. I think it would be great since hasn't had many summer performance and feel that I Heart Country Radio Concert would be a great way to release it. I also think that they could show clips of her singing her new single on Blue Bloods along with her performance with Tony Bennet. Let me know what you guys think about this.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    It would seem too much for one date. Either before or after 9-23 would be better. More buzz.

on twitter the other day people were saying that she would be releasing a single in the next month, not sure how or where that came from but it would be cool if it were possible but at this point it isn't. and the iheartradio show sold out in like 10 min which is awesome.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkie View Post
    on twitter the other day people were saying that she would be releasing a single in the next month, not sure how or where that came from but it would be cool if it were possible but at this point it isn't. and the iheartradio show sold out in like 10 min which is awesome.
    I don't think she would even think about releasing a single until RM has it's run at number 1. After that anything is possible since we have heard only silence. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    I don't think she would even think about releasing a single until RM has it's run at number 1. After that anything is possible since we have heard only silence. :-)

yea RM has a ways to go yet

Well if she released it the week of then she could sing in at the concert, which would be great. I'm just desperate for some new music. Haha.

Concert Stars
    The most logical thing would be for Carrie to debut the single on the I Heart Radio Vegas show---- because it is streamed live all over the country and perhaps the world......

How can you ask for a better way to debut a new single then that?

I personally will be bummed out if she does the same old setlist on 9-23. This is the perfect opportunity to make a BIG SPLASH with a HOT new single.

I don't, however, think it will be debuted on Blue Bloods, as I think that is all about the Tony Bennett song since his album comes out 9-20.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The Las Vegas show would be a very good place to debut a new single, but with the way things "leak" now a days, it is a pretty good bet that we will get to hear the song before it is actually released to radio anyway.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think the show in Las Vegas would be the perfect way to debut it! It'd make such a splash and itd be so exciting! I really hope she does

Concert Stars
    I hope so too as they need to do something creative this time to make a big splash. They go too much by the book sometimes, and they need to think outside the box sometimes and surprise people with new music etc.

Sometimes I wish SONY would steal some of Big Machine's creative marketing team to help Carrie. lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I hope so too as they need to do something creative this time to make a big splash. They go too much by the book sometimes, and they need to think outside the box sometimes and surprise people with new music etc.

Sometimes I wish SONY would steal some of Big Machine's creative marketing team to help Carrie. lol
    There has to be something wrong with my eyes because I swear Tee said something nice about Big Machine.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think there's a big chance that could happen. I hope so!

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think it's a possibility!

Ty
    I think this is a big possibility - if we're getting an album in November.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really hope we hear something soon.

Hopefully the silence means Carrie is working very hard and making great progress on the album.
    I'd be surprised if we didn't get one this year, but I really hope we at least get conformation soon.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It might happen - it is a great venue and the diverse crowd would be an amazing opportunity BUT...is the iheartradio concert something where the promoters might have a say in the song playlists? Them requesting only the artists biggest hits?

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    new music is new music, and from a promotion stand point the iheartradio event would be the best time. Rather that happens is unknown, but since the event is in September I would say we should have a new single before then.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeCountry22 View Post
    new music is new music, and from a promotion stand point the iheartradio event would be the best time. Rather that happens is unknown, but since the event is in September I would say we should have a new single before then.
    I think the new single would be out by that time and she could sing it then too.

Concert Stars
    I wouldn't want, nor would her label, for Carrie to release a song before "Remind Me" peaks. That just wouldn't be smart or really fair to Brad in my opinion. Although RM could and would still probably get to #1, it would lessen it's airplay dramatically I would think, and therefore, it's impact. I think we'll have a single by the CMA's with a performance (maybe debuting it there) and a new album early next year.

I think we'll definitely have a new single by mid to late September, so the iHeartRadio event would be a perfect place to debut it.

I don't think waiting for RM to peak will be a big deal, and I think it's likely to have peaked by then anyway or about to peak. For some reason, I don't think Carrie releasing her lead single would affect RM much. Jason Aldean released Dirt Road Anthem when Don't You Wanna Stay was at #1, and DYWS still spent multiple weeks at the top. If Jason can do it, I don't see any reason why Carrie and Brad, arguably the two biggest country radio superstars, couldn't.

I don't think Blue Bloods will have anything to do with Carrie's new material, though. Like Tee said, that appearance is for Tony Bennett, to promote his new album.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast