Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Miranda got CMA Week album release date: What does this Mean for Carries album?

Not sure if this necessarily affects carries album release date but it is not looking good that carrie will get to release her album during the cma week now as miranda is releasing her album november 1st. This is a prime time release date as it is One week before the cmas so miranda will get the cma bump for sales instead of carrie.

I am starting to panic now that we wont even get carries album this year since miranda already recorded most of her album and it is not coming out till november. So since carres is just now in the recording studio and the label gave miranda the prime releasd slot we may have to wait to 2012 for a new album. Sales are always sluggish in the winter and even spring as you dont get the holiday sales or cma or ama bump. The label seems bent on giving miranda the prime time album release dates as she will enjoy thd holiday sales bump.

I could be over reacting but given how the new label head has favored miranda from the day he took over from joe galante, i am seriously concerned now that we will have to wait till 2012 for carries album as they will give all the prime time slots and promo $ to miranda as well ad an ama performance etc.

I love miranda so this is not directed at her. But i am seriously upset that miranda is getting the prime time cma week release date. I really hate how the label is making her their new golden girl and carrie is pushed aside.

I'm so upset right now to be honest. I know I'm being irrational, but still.

Concert Stars
    Also this will help Miranda's @nd week sales and her drop won't be that huge, but if her #s are in the low 100k, she actually might increase her #s on the second week.

So how many copies do you think Miranda will sell for it's debut?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    And the Miranda hype continues......................................... ................

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    Also this will help Miranda's @nd week sales and her drop won't be that huge, but if her #s are in the low 100k, she actually might increase her #s on the second week.

So how many copies do you think Miranda will sell for it's debut?
    I think previously she has been selling around 60k her first week so I expect that to at least double. Actually, she may even triple her sales.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Personally I don't think it means anything at all.

Carrie's album will come out when it comes out and when it does come out it will outsell Miranda's album just like it always does. I still think that Carrie's album will be out in mid to late November and if it doesn't come out until 2012 that is fine too, it is still going to sell well and there is zero need to panic even though I know that it will happen anyway.

If Carrie or any other artist is not happy where they are at, then once their contract is up they can leave to either start their own label or look to land at another label which might not give that artist the same liberities they had at their previous label.

Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie's release is closer to Black Friday so it is front and center on display and fresh in everyone's mind throughout the holiday shopping season.

Concert Stars
    Black friday would work too but you lose the cma bump. Carrie needs the xmas sales bump too, not just the cma bump. Lets be honest most of carries sales for po were in 2009 during the cowboy casanova era due to a strong lead single, the cma bump, and xmas sales. Her sales dropped considerably once the sluggish winter months of 2010 started.

Unless you are lady gaga or taylor and sell your album for 99 cents, it is harder to sell big numbers in the winter. Also you lose out on the ama performance slot which is important to reach buyers outside country music.

Carrie is not into shannanigans like taylor to bump sales so she will have to rely on traditional methods to promote thd album. That is why a winter or spring release is not a good idea for carrie.

Not to mention how much it will suck to have to wait tlll 2012 for new material. Carrie had been very quiet this year and she is losing buzz and momentum to miranda and taylor every day. They didnt promote remind me at all eithet yet miranda got a gma slot today despite not having a new album to promote right now. I think carrie needs to come back strong and it needs to happen this year not 2012. Out of sight is out of mind in the music business. People move on to the hot thing of the moment.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie could get a CMA bump if she performs her lead single OR has an another knock-out performance ala WTW or HGTA, even if it is a couple of weeks afterwards. Either way, Carrie's sales will be incredible. I truly believe that -- IF the inventory is available.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    omg, its not like this date is only for carrie. its not like this is the first time carrie wont release on this date. carnival ride was released in october. take a breather haha
    becca T

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Black friday would work too but you lose the cma bump. Carrie needs the xmas sales bump too, not just the cma bump. Lets be honest most of carries sales for po were in 2009 during the cowboy casanova era due to a strong lead single, the cma bump, and xmas sales. Her sales dropped considerably once the sluggish winter months of 2010 started.

Unless you are lady gaga or taylor and sell your album for 99 cents, it is harder to sell big numbers in the winter. Also you lose out on the ama performance slot which is important to reach buyers outside country music.

Carrie is not into shannanigans like taylor to bump sales so she will have to rely on traditional methods to promote thd album. That is why a winter or spring release is not a good idea for carrie.

Not to mention how much it will suck to have to wait tlll 2012 for new material. Carrie had been very quiet this year and she is losing buzz and momentum to miranda and taylor every day. They didnt promote remind me at all eithet yet miranda got a gma slot today despite not having a new album to promote right now. I think carrie needs to come back strong and it needs to happen this year not 2012. Out of sight is out of mind in the music business. People move on to the hot thing of the moment.
    if almost 15 million people watched her performance videos after she was gone for like 4 months, i think shes gonna be ok. Carrie's been around for a while, if taylor swift couldnt destroy her career (which, keep in mind, something like taylor swift would have squashed most artists, look what carrie did to gretchen wilson and faith hill), i really am not that concerned about miranda. her career isnt that fragile.
    becca T

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    omg, its not like this date is only for carrie. its not like this is the first time carrie wont release on this date. carnival ride was released in october. take a breather haha
    becca T
    LMAO... I know we are over reacting but I amstill upset about last year! I just want NEW MUSIC from Carre!

Concert Stars
    I wish Carrie would focus more on picking songs from great Nashville writers instead of trying to write songs. Unlike Miranda, Taylor, Brad, etc... Carrie isn't able to multi-task and write/record while she is touring, which means she has to take a considerable amount of the year off to get with co-writers to write songs for the album. This definitely causes delays and loss of momentum. Incredibly just this year, Miranda has gotten married, toured, & written and recorded 2 albums for release this year. She is definitely being rewarded for her work ethic and ability to multi-task....

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tcnole1 View Post
    I wish Carrie would focus more on picking songs from great Nashville writers instead of trying to write songs. Unlike Miranda, Taylor, Brad, etc... Carrie isn't able to multi-task and write/record while she is touring, which means she has to take a considerable amount of the year off to get with co-writers to write songs for the album. This definitely causes delays and loss of momentum. Incredibly just this year, Miranda has gotten married, toured, & written and recorded 2 albums for release this year. She is definitely being rewarded for her work ethic and ability to multi-task....
    I am sure the Pistol Annies thing have been in the works for couple of years now.
    did we forget that Carrie also got Married, toured and did zillions of other things!

Concert Stars
    Am I the only one who remembers how panicked we all were during the time between carnival ride and play on. We all felt like Carrie lost of TON of momentum because Fearless was so big, while carrie was taking a break (fearless was a WAYYYY bigger monster than Revolution).. and yet, carrie's first single comes out and she sells 300K first week, and CC became the fastest rising single of carrie's career. Carrie's one of the few artists who can take even her weakest songs to number 2. shes a friggin radio darling (miranda had a four week number 1 and her next week barely made top 10).. the longer she waits, the more antsy radio gets.
    becca T

Concert Stars
    All I know is I'm buying Carrie's cd not Miranda's when it comes out so I don't really care when it's released so long as it's released and in a timely matter (i.e. Sometime w/i this year or beginning of next year). Don't really care about what others are doing because all I care about is new Carrie music .

Concert Stars
    Carrie will release her album 2 weeks before Mirandas and steal some of Mirandas thunder!!! LMAO
    You all are upset over nothing but i do have to admit reading these CHICKEN LITTLE posts is very entertaining.... LOL
    Last edited by 12russ79; 07-08-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Miranda is Great CARRIE IS ICONIC(!)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I am sure the Pistol Annies thing have been in the works for couple of years now.
    did we forget that Carrie also got Married, toured and did zillions of other things!
    Carrie and Miranda are very different though. Miranda and Blake got married, but are choosing their careers right now, instead of being together (though theyve been together like 7 years so its not like its a new relationship haha)... carrie and mike are legit newlyweds and want to be together after they never saw each other last year. and carrie toured a lot more than miranda didnt she last year? she played 100+ shows, she needs a break haha.. we dont want her to burn out. also, id like to point out, that miranda is just starting to break through, so obviously shes gonna be moving a lot faster to keep her momentum going. carrie now has the luxery of taking her time and relaxing bc shes been around longer and clearly not going anywhere.
    becca T

Concert Stars
    The only thing that is killing me is having to wait for new Carrie music. That's the only thing that stresses me out Whether Carrie sells one album or millions, I just want my new Carrie music.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    The only thing that is killing me is having to wait for new Carrie music. That's the only thing that stresses me out Whether Carrie sells one album or millions, I just want my new Carrie music.
    hahaha touche.
    becca T

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast