Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Carrie Follower carriefanna's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Unrelased Carrie Songs?

I was just noticing that Taylor Swift has a lot of unreleased songs on Youtube, and that made me think...does Carrie have any other than "That November"? I've heard that one millions of times (: Sooo if you guys could post links or something It would be greatly appreciated!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    There are a lot of demos floating around Youtube from when Carrie was 14.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm proud to say, I already have all 3 of Carrie's unreleased Demo albums (First Studio Session, Broken Wing, Live In a Little Rock)
    Everytime the Phone Rings is just so cute. I LOVE her cover of "Goodbye Earl". Her twang is to die for!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All of her broken wing songs were on YouTube and there were the edmos from when she was younger but other an that I haven't heard a lot of other unreleased songs

Junior Carrie Follower carriefanna's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I have headrd Goodbye Earl too! Haha.! Thanks All! (:

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Carrie never sang "That November"... The one in youtube is only a Demo...

She has unreleased songs (not studio versions tho)... But no one has them except that guy who bought the CD from Ebay...
    We already heard one though... Oklahoma Wind...

Concert Stars
    I love her, singing Crazy!

Carrie Guru
    Sometimes you leave was actually released. It was released with the Carnival Ride iTunes card.

Carrie Follower
    Can you kindly contact me about those 3 demo cds? I would love to get them as I'm a huge Carrie fan - best regards, Rob (rob@boldfilms.com) ;-)

Huge Carrie Follower JaclynDenisex23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    I'm proud to say, I already have all 3 of Carrie's unreleased Demo albums (First Studio Session, Broken Wing, Live In a Little Rock)
    Everytime the Phone Rings is just so cute. I LOVE her cover of "Goodbye Earl". Her twang is to die for!
    I have those 2 too! She has a fourth Demo album... well more like a singles one cause there's only 4 songs on it. It was on Ebay a longggg time ago. It's extremely rare. I haven't been able to get my hands on it either. There was 3 more songs on it that I haven't gotten or heard yet.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Man, she blows me away with her vocals even at that early age. You either have vocal talent or you don't. If you can not carry a tune, etc. no amount of vocal lessons will make you a good vocalist (my Grandmother was a vocal coach, piano teacher back in the OLD days--LOL) She says Carrie is a natural talent---case in point--she could carry a tune at 3 years old and progressed from there.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Sometimes you leave was actually released. It was released with the Carnival Ride iTunes card.
    I know. I just thought I'd throw that one out there because a lot of people don't know there was a bonus track on CR.

There´s Oklahoma Wind sung by Carrie???

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane-Alex View Post
    There´s Oklahoma Wind sung by Carrie???
    Yup. It floated around CF for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Yup. It floated around CF for a few days.
    And do you know where can I find it, please please? I would love to hear it!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I love Carrie's early work - and I think it answers some of the poorly researched criticisms about her musical origins and "dues" that other artists, critics and music fans have raised. "Live in Little Rock", in particular is an amazing album, showing a great deal of confidence in handling an audience, and a stylistic breadth of material that shows a real love of the genre. Her smoky version of Gillian Welch's 455 Rocket is the standout for me.

"Carrie Underwood" and "Live in Little Rock" were not demos - they were artist self-releases (which is the way most Country Music is produced, both then and now. Recording label contracts account for only the tip of the iceberg in this genre - most artists have to find ways of selling their own work direct). You can hear the announcer on "Live in Little Rock" saying they were available from the merchandise table. Also, the Encyclopaedia of Popular Music (Rovi, 2009) lists them in Carrie's discography/;

"In the late 90s she began working with the Star Rise Band, performing at festivals and shows throughout the southern states. Underwood released two independent country CDs at the start of the new millennium before beginning a course in mass communication at Northeastern State University.....
    DISCOGRAPHY: The First Studio Sessions (Star Rise 1997)**, Carrie Underwood (Own Label 2001)***, Live In Little Rock (Own Label 2002)***, Some Hearts (Arista 2005)***, Carnival Ride (Arista 2007)***"

"The First Studio Sessions" is probably different - it may indeed have started life as a demo, designed to alert record companies and promoters to Carrie's young talent. It's title sounds like a retrospective - what seems to have happened is that the Star Rise Band repackaged it with some cover art for Carrie to sell with the others. (Star Rise were a Country and Christian Music outfit based in Fort Smith, Arkansas, not far from Carrie's home. Interestingly, the band leader and the manager co-wrote and registered a song called "Carrie, I Love You", which I've never heard, but which possibly was performed at concerts?)

"Broken Wing" is odd - I've seen no early reference to it as a Carrie album. It's title seems related to a late '90s song performed by Martina McBride - but I've not actually heard any early cover of that song by Carrie (?). I suspect that "Broken Wing" is a fan compilation. It uses genuine Carrie songs, and what seems to be an old still publicity photo of Carrie as a teenager. But my guess would be that it's been put together relatively recently, using songs taken from the other albums. (I may be wrong - and I'd be grateful if anyone has other information about this period)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post

"In the late 90s she began working with the Star Rise Band, performing at festivals and shows throughout the southern states. Underwood released two independent country CDs at the start of the new millennium before beginning a course in mass communication at Northeastern State University.....
    DISCOGRAPHY: The First Studio Sessions (Star Rise 1997)**, Carrie Underwood (Own Label 2001)***, Live In Little Rock (Own Label 2002)***, Some Hearts (Arista 2005)***, Carnival Ride (Arista 2007)***"

"Broken Wing" is odd - I've seen no early reference to it as a Carrie album. It's title seems related to a late '90s song performed by Martina McBride - but I've not actually heard any early cover of that song by Carrie (?). I suspect that "Broken Wing" is a fan compilation. It uses genuine Carrie songs, and what seems to be an old still publicity photo of Carrie as a teenager. But my guess would be that it's been put together relatively recently, using songs taken from the other albums. (I may be wrong - and I'd be grateful if anyone has other information about this period)
    Carrie has covered Broken Wing in her earlier years around 13,14 years of age. I've attached it for your convenience.

hmm I'm thinking perhaps "Broken Wing" album I have is actually the "Carrie Underwood" album you were talking about.
    I have "Live In Little Rock" and "First Studio Session" and another called "Broken Wing" because a Carrie fan named it that when I got a hold of it from her so I just assumed that was what it was called. Also, I've heard others mention that name for the album.

the songs on "Broken Wing" are as following: Because You Love Me, A Broken Wing, Can't Get Enough, Cold Day In July, Crazy, Everytime the Phone Rings (<-- my two FAVES. too amazing!), For God So Loved, Goodbye Earl, I Hope You Can Dance, If I Saved My Heart For You, Lesson In Leavin', Show Me Heaven, There You Are, Tonight The Heartache's On Me

All the songs are Carrie sung. It's an amazing album. Carrie's vocals are just spectacular even at such a young age.

That's so nice of you - thank you very much!

Carrie's control of phrasing and range of emotion is so impressive at that early age.

I know the material on "Broken Wing" is genuine - I'm just not sure when it was put together.
    As far as I know, this is the actual cover of the second album:

cu3.jpg

Insane Carrie Fan
    no problem!

thanks for the pic! Haven't seen that before.

Curious, what are the songs in the "Carrie Underwood" album? (I'm really starting to think that titled album is the "Broken Wing" I have... )

Yes, they are the same songs (but the track order looks a bit different). It's possible that both versions were around when Carrie was a teenager (e.g. when original stocks ran out, she might have had it repackaged under a different title). I really don't know - but I think it's more likely that "Broken Wing" was put together unofficially by someone else more recently. The problem is that record companies usually have no interest in artists' independent work once they sign them. (Artists may be proud of them, but are also discouraged by the label from mentioning them - and, obviously, current work is much more significant to their ongoing career). So they only circulate in unauthorized ways. Mostly, they are looked after well by genuine enthusiasts - but sometimes things get changed on download sites. This rarely hurts the artist in any way - but it makes it harder for fans to establish the facts. "Broken Wing" has been widely used recently as the title - but as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be quoted as an actual album earlier on.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast