Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Grammy 2012 Dates Announced! :)

TheGRAMMYs

The 54th GRAMMYs will be on Feb. 12, 2012 & nominations concert on Nov. 30, 2011 w/ @TheGRAMMYs on CBS through 2021! The Recording Academy, CBS Announce 10-Year Deal For The GRAMMY Awards | GRAMMY.com

I hope Carrie attends this year and is at least nominated for something... Plus-- she has never announced the nominees so I hope she gets to do that at the nominations concert this year.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow, that seems so early to announce this! Thanks Tee.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Best Female Country Performance w/Vocals= Undo It
    Best Country Song= Remind Me
    Best Collaboration w/Vocals= Remind Me

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    No more individual categories. Hopefully RM will get carrie some love.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah, guys. It's no longer gender-based categories, and in addition, the collaboration category is now combined with duo/group vocals. This will be a TOUGH year for Carrie to get a nod, and with "Mama's Song" and "Undo It" being her only solo material, I can't imagine that she'll be getting a Country vocal nod.

However, I can see RM sneaking into the duo/group/collaboration category, as well as Country song of the year (depending on how long it spends at the top).

The reduction of categories is gonna hit us hard this year

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ugh! I dont like this reduction of categories! Its making it so much harder! I cant believe we're already thinking about the GRammy's that seems so far away! I do hope Carrie gets nominated for something- she really deserves it

Grammys are the day after my birthday!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    The combining of collaboration with group/duo (and I'm just thinking in general, no one specific, haha) is just complete BS. That's all I have to say. Crossing fingers for RM.

I don't like that they got rid of the categories, either...but, I kind of understand why they did. There have seemed to be a ton of "fillers" in recent years...they want more compeition (that's a good thing, in my opinion )...I just think that the Grammy people could of done it differently.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    The combining of collaboration with group/duo (and I'm just thinking in general, no one specific, haha) is just complete BS. That's all I have to say. Crossing fingers for RM.
    I completely agree, it's unfair that the Group/duo now have to compete with vocal collab, as well as male/female vocals.
    Plus the Grammy have unusual nominees. I do think it might be hard for Carrie to get a nom for vocal this year round, but Carrie is very popular amongst the Grammy voters so who knows!!

Lady A
    Zac Brown Band
    The Band Perry (I think they have a song chance)
    Sugarland???? (I don't know if they can secure a nomination since their singles are not doing to well
    ************************************************** *******************************
    I think these are the ones to watch out for!
    Jason/Kelly
    Brad/Reba

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    The reduction of categories is gonna hit us hard this year
    agree. It was already hard enough for Carrie to get Grammy wins and noms, because they never nominate her albums. So without the Female Vocal category, it is going to be extremely difficult for Carrie to score noms.

I am so glad she won her 5 grammys while she could.

Concert Stars
    What song did Brad do with Reba? Are you saying that Brad/Reba duet will be competing with Carrie/Brad??

Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I completely agree, it's unfair that the Group/duo now have to compete with vocal collab, as well as male/female vocals.
    Plus the Grammy have unusual nominees. I do think it might be hard for Carrie to get a nom for vocal this year round, but Carrie is very popular amongst the Grammy voters so who knows!!

Lady A
    Zac Brown Band
    The Band Perry (I think they have a song chance)
    Sugarland???? (I don't know if they can secure a nomination since their singles are not doing to well
    ************************************************** *******************************
    I think these are the ones to watch out for!
    Jason/Kelly
    Brad/Reba

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Best Female Country Performance w/Vocals= Undo It
    Best Country Song= Remind Me
    Best Collaboration w/Vocals= Remind Me

Carrie didn't write Remind Me so she won't get included even if this is nominated. There is no Female Country Vocal anymore--- only Solo Country Performance, so Carrie has to compete with the guys now. If Undo It is eligible she will have a chance, but with Mama's Song her only other submission, she is not looking strong in this category this year.

***However--- don't forget that TAPFU is eligible for Movie Song.... ***** So Carrie has a chance there.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    What song did Brad do with Reba? Are you saying that Brad/Reba duet will be competing with Carrie/Brad??
    LOL, I meant Brad and Carrie, I have no idea how I wrote Reba...lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Personally I like that the Grammys streamlined the awards, for a show that is suppose to be the best of the best in the music industry there was way to many awards given out and the artist should be put up against the best in their genre and not just up against the best in gender in their genre or duo/group.

The collaboration should have it's own category instead of being lumped in with the duo/group but I like the idea of the rest being combined.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie's got a great shot in the Duo/Collaboration category. I'm definitely expecting a nomination there. And if "Undo It" is submitted, she could very well get into Country Solo. I doubt she'll win, but she could get in. Then she's a real possibility for Movie Song, as well. I don't think it'll be a bad year at the Grammys at all!

Concert Stars
    I think "Remind Me" will definitely get Carrie and Brad and Group/Duo/Collab nomination and hopefully a nomination in the movie category for TAPFU.

While I really don't wanna jinx it, I'm feeling reasonably confident about getting some noms. RM will almost certainly get a nom in its category for vocals and maybe for best country song, too (for Brad only). I think TAPFU has a decent chance for movie (again, a nom). If UI is eligible, I'm pretty much certain it will score a nom for Solo Country Vocal, but if it's only MS, we may lose out on that nominations (For the first time in ten gazzilion years, the Country Vocal award won't have a Carrie song nominated )

Now, while I am confident about getting 2/3 nominations, when it comes to wins, I'm very unhopeful. If UI is nominated, it may just grab the award (the GRAMMY voters loved BHC and LN). But with the combination of categories, it may be difficult.

TAPFU has a very slim chance of getting the award. The strength of TAPFU lay in the fact that it was very RELEVANT for the movie itself, with lines alluding to things from the book/movie. However, that was something only the GG and Oscar voters would consider. The GRAMMY voters are only going to look at how good the song itself is, and there we don't have much of a chance. We'll be lucky to score a nom at all in that category.

Now, RM we can't predict yet. We really haven't seen what the response is yet, although all reviews have jumped at the vocals as outstanding, particularly Carrie's. But its chart-run and critical response will also matter. I think we may have a chance there.

here's how I rank our chances, assuming UI is eligible.

1) UI
    2) RM
    3)TAPFU

If UI is ineligible, I don't think MS has a chance.

To talk about that, I was certain that UI would be eligible. Why wouldn't it? Its release as a single was well after last year's GRAMMYs itself (forget the nomination date), so why wouldn't it be eligible?

Anyway, that's my take of the situation. What do you guys think?

Concert Stars
    ^ I like your analysis, honestly. I am not expecting any wins this year--- but I will be thrilled if Carrie scores even one nomination and attends/performs/presents since she did not show up last year. I think attending the Grammys is still a big deal to be seen among the elite of music. You don't always have to win. It is ok just be nominated and be there.

And while I don't expect TAPFU to win movie song given the tough competition from Burlesque, Country Strong, etc--- I honestly think TAPFU is a GREAT song and I don't get why people don't think so. I wonder what is wrong with TAPFU that some people don't like it or think it has a chance to win? Just curious.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast