Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney-Best city in the world
    Posts
    862

    Carrie RadionInterview on 4BC Brisbane

    Just found this for an interview carrie has just finished with 4 BC Radio in Brisbane

    Carrie Underwood

    Finishes with ISBY
    Last edited by carrie4aus; 06-16-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Extra

  • #2
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie4aus View Post
    Just found this for an interview carrie has just finished with 4 BC Radio in Brisbane

    Carrie Underwood

    Finishes with ISBY
    Thank you for the link.

  • #3
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    What a nice surprise that they played ISBY following the interview. Thanks for posting!

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,296
    Concert Stars
    What do they mean "started out more country than pop", didn't they get the memo that she's a country singer? I have been listening to most of her Australian interviews and they all seem to be classifying her as a POP artist instead of country. I wonder why that is? There are some pop elements to her music no doubt but at the core it has always been country.

    Nothing major but it just bugs me a little that she's being perceived or "marketed" as a pop artist as opposed to a country one (She ain't TS you know!). Also, there has been no mention of her ACM/CMA achievements. I presume that is because country music itself isn't that big in Australia and they have no clue as to what they are?

    She too has been using "oh gorly" quite a bit lately hasn't she?

  • #5
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    When Carrie mentioned Alan Jackson, they might think :" who is he ?" ..ha..ha..ha..

  • #6
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,527
    Concert Stars
    ^ If I were Carrie I would just focus on the Grammys when overseas, as it seems that most international outlets don't follow the ACMS/CMAS as much as they follow the Grammys. I think she is smart focusing on those awards. Everyone in the world knows what Grammys are. They are much bigger then CMAS or ACMS.

    I think they meant that she started out following traditional old school country like Reba and Dolly, and now she is much more on the pop side of country then they are. That is a true statement and nothing to be ashamed of. Today's country is much more pop then it was in the days of Dolly and Reba.

    ^ Carrie should just keep mentioning Keith Urban in every interview. lol That is the way to go. lol

    ^ yes she keeps using "oh golly". lol It seems to be her new word lately. lol Kind of cute.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    What do they mean "started out more country than pop", didn't they get the memo that she's a country singer? I have been listening to most of her Australian interviews and they all seem to be classifying her as a POP artist instead of country. I wonder why that is? There are some pop elements to her music no doubt but at the core it has always been country.

    Nothing major but it just bugs me a little that she's being perceived or "marketed" as a pop artist as opposed to a country one (She ain't TS you know!). Also, there has been no mention of her ACM/CMA achievements. I presume that is because country music itself isn't that big in Australia and they have no clue as to what they are?

    She too has been using "oh gorly" quite a bit lately hasn't she?
    Most of the people outside the USA do not know what ACM or CMA is --but they all know the Grammy's and People Choice Awards.

  • #8
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Outside the USA, they do NOT know what ACM or CMA is !

    Yeah, Carrie should keep mentioning Keith Urban and Nicole


    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ If I were Carrie I would just focus on the Grammys when overseas, as it seems that most international outlets don't follow the ACMS/CMAS as much as they follow the Grammys. I think she is smart focusing on those awards. Everyone in the world knows what Grammys are. They are much bigger then CMAS or ACMS.

    I think they meant that she started out following traditional old school country like Reba and Dolly, and now she is much more on the pop side of country then they are. That is a true statement and nothing to be ashamed of. Today's country is much more pop then it was in the days of Dolly and Reba.

    ^ Carrie should just keep mentioning Keith Urban in every interview. lol That is the way to go. lol

  • #9
    Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney-Best city in the world
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    What do they mean "started out more country than pop", didn't they get the memo that she's a country singer? I have been listening to most of her Australian interviews and they all seem to be classifying her as a POP artist instead of country. I wonder why that is? There are some pop elements to her music no doubt but at the core it has always been country.

    Nothing major but it just bugs me a little that she's being perceived or "marketed" as a pop artist as opposed to a country one (She ain't TS you know!). Also, there has been no mention of her ACM/CMA achievements. I presume that is because country music itself isn't that big in Australia and they have no clue as to what they are?

    She too has been using "oh gorly" quite a bit lately hasn't she?
    I wouldn't read too much into it.You have to take into account that all the stations except the ABC that have had interviews are "pop" stations.
    Unless you are an out and out Country Music fan in Australia you really wouldn't have much background on ACM/CMA awards.

    I know I didn't before I started following Carrie.

  • #10
    Ty
    Ty is offline
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Ty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,315
    I thought the guy sounded like a real ass. He just didn't seem interested in the least and there were even a few moments when he came across kinda snappy.

  • #11
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,527
    Concert Stars
    ^ I didn't take it that way. I think he and the lady were just fine to Carrie.

  • #12
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    I thought the guy sounded like a real ass. He just didn't seem interested in the least and there were even a few moments when he came across kinda snappy.
    To me, they might not know who Carrie Underwood was --they just had a quick course about Carrie Underwood. Remember, Country Music is NOT that popular outside the USA.

  • #13
    Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney-Best city in the world
    Posts
    862
    He is also a Queenslander!!!!!!

  • #14
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie4aus View Post
    He is also a Queenslander!!!!!!


  • #15
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,527
    Concert Stars
    What is a Queenslander? lol I have heard the term before but I don't know what it means. lol

  • #16
    Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    30,431
    Concert Stars
    ^^ Someone from Queensland (A state of Australia). Where Brisbane is!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)

  • #17
    Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney-Best city in the world
    Posts
    862
    And we New South Welshmen don't like Queenslanders

  • #18
    Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    30,431
    Concert Stars
    ... us 'Sandgropers' don't tend to like the 'Banana Benders' either lol ;-)

    We also probably don't like you 'Cockroaches' either haha!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)

  • #19
    Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney-Best city in the world
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiefan_21 View Post
    ... us 'Sandgropers' don't tend to like the 'Banana Benders' either lol ;-)

    We also probably don't like you 'Cockroaches' either haha!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)
    Now now don't be like that lets just agree we don't like the "canetoads"

    I quite like WA my company does a lot of business over there.

  • #20
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Liatush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Jerusalem-Israel
    Posts
    7,452
    Thank you


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •