Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Carrie Said No TV Performances of Remind Me For Awhile Yet

Carrie just posted on the fanclub and said we won't be hearing Remind Me live on tv for quite some time.

So that means, no Idol performance, no CMA Fest performance, no CMT AWards performance. Bummer. Will Carrie even attend either without a single to promote (except Remind Me?)? Maybe she is sitting out both events this year again? confused.

With it not even on itunes, this is very strange.
    Last edited by teesharky; 05-24-2011 at 08:17 PM.

maybe they don't have time to rehearse? Brad is promoting his album and Carrie is about to leave to Australia for her tour Maybe?? Idk...

it's sad! I would love to hear them sing Remind Me live ASAP!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm glad she shot down the rumors aka wistful thinking on our part.

IMO, this is a wasted opportunity especially considering how big it could become with just a performance here and there for the public. It'd be a pity if such a great song goes unnoticed...
    was hoping it could make a huge slash on the scene but so no single available and no promotion and no performances for a while.
    oh well, perhaps they have something better planned.

shouldn't they be singing it for brad's promotional stops later though? I mean it will be a single soon right so It'd fitting to have a single promoting the album as well right?!

lovin carrie with these updates. unfortunate to see no remind me

Concert Stars
    She said it is "inevitable" that they will do it live at some point-- so that sounds like there is nothing concrete planned at all so far to perform the song on anything bigger then American Idol, The CMT AWards, or CMA Fest.

What could be a bigger opportunity to promote the song then those 3 events?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This is all very confusing and frustrating. We have gone months without any new music from Carrie and we were really excited that FINALLY we would get something. NOW-------------????????? I DEFINATELY NEED A CARRIE FIX. PLEASE Carrie---get something out there for all of us soon.

Concert Stars
    Sweet of her to keep us informed.
    I am finally convinced that she and her team know what they are doing.
    I am sure she is thrilled that RM is being recieved so well at radio and by the critics, but lets not forget it is a Brad-song.
    So Carrie does not have much to do with the promo for brads album.
    We'll have to wait and see.
    We certainly can't expect the whole release of brads album to revolve around this song.
    I am just thrilled that it sounds like Carrie will be involved in another hit record.
    But lets not get greedy and thing this is about Carrie. It is about Brad.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ shouldn't they be singing it for brad's promotional stops later though? I mean it will be a single soon right so It'd fitting to have a single promoting the album as well, I'm assuming?
    If the only or first time will be performed on tv is at the CMAs, that would be sad. I wish as much exposure and success for that song as could be!

wonder what the promotional management have in mind.

Concert Stars
    ^ I realize this is for Brad's project-- not Carrie's. But I don't understand why he would not want to promote the song by singing it live on tv in front of such important audiences?

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ what is the promotional management brad is under? (this is not in any way to denote his. just curious to know)

This makes me even more grateful for Carrie's because her promotional management never fails to book appearances!

Concert Stars
    Not sure. But maybe it is Carrie who isn't appearing at the CMT AWards or CMA Fest? She hasn't been announced for either yet-- and Brad is confirmed for the CMA Fest.

just another fan

ay more impatience... just like when some were going to blame the label and/or brad for not making RM the 1st or 2nd single

Concert Stars
    ^ I think I am more concerned with the fact that Carrie won't have anything to sing now at the CMTs, and she likely won't be performing at LP field as a surprise guest now. So that is what disappointed me.

I'm just going to trust that things will happen the way they're supposed to happen. We all were angry about no fifth single from Play On, but it turned out that opened the door for two of Carrie's biggest performances of her career that she might not have had otherwise. (WTW and HGTA).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I'm just going to trust that things will happen the way they're supposed to happen. We all were angry about no fifth single from Play On, but it turned out that opened the door for two of Carrie's biggest performances of her career that she might not have had otherwise. (WTW and HGTA).
    I agree with you. I will just wait for things to unfold because I believe that things happened for a reason but at the same time also very disappointed.

Concert Stars
    I agree.
    I am not really in promotion mode right now. Cause again, it's brads album that is being promoted not Carries.
    But of course I want the song to be huge. And I feel certain that there are going to be opportunities for them to sing it together.
    I am just more interested right now in its chart status.
    I am not too worried at the moment about apearances.
    Her recent live performances were so big that I want to just glory in those for a moment and not push things too much.

New Carrie Fan
    Bad move on both parties part, sorry. He could use the promotion and well, she doesn't have anything. The record labels need to get there shiz together lol. It just seems they are doing all the WRONG things lately Sad, really! They better give 200% with Carrie and her next single and album!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I agree.
    I am not really in promotion mode right now. Cause again, it's brads album that is being promoted not Carries.
    But of course I want the song to be huge. And I feel certain that there are going to be opportunities for them to sing it together.
    I am just more interested right now in its chart status.
    I am not too worried at the moment about apearances.
    Her recent live performances were so big that I want to just glory in those for a moment and not push things too much.
    lol good point. But I will be bummed if she doesn't perform at the CMT Awards or appear on the CMA Fest at LP field-- because that is aired on ABC in the fall-- right when she will need the tv spot for promotion (assuming her album comes out in late fall).

It is just odd to me since you can't even buy the song on itunes either so it feels like they are losing a great opportunity for the song.

Promoting the song on tv is not just about sales anyway. It helps when award show season comes around. Kelly and Jason performed the crap out of DYWTS and that is their biggest competition.

If they don't promote the duet enough-- it could get slighted at award shows.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie will be at the CMTs, no CMA Fest mainstage but she will be singing on the idol finale but I want to know what! Lol it's great they r saving RM for the CMAs cos its better than the CMTs and Carrie can sing her lead single swell! This waiting for a performance of it will probably keep it on the charts longer, the hype up and I'n real contention for awards at this years or next years CMAs and the 2012 ACMs!

Maybe there's a scheduling conflict. Let us remember that Brad has the responsibility to promote the whole album, not just RM. I guess the focus is on the album right now, not on individual songs. Let's just be patient.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast