Concert Stars

First Round of Billboard Awards Performers Announced

According to this article, and an article on the Boot.com, Keith Urban and Lady A are the first 2 country acts performing at the Billboard Awards on May 22nd, with more to be announced. Oddly, no nominees have been announced yet, so it is kind of strange to announce performers before nominations. lol

Hopefully Carrie will at least be nominated, but I am quite sure Lady A and Taylor will take most of the awards as it is based on sales.

Billboard Music Awards 2011 Performers |living 101

Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Black Eyed Peas, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and Taio Cruz

Of course, the list of Billboard Music Awards 2011 performers will not end by that name. More will come and I will update you on that.

The Billboard Music Awards 2011 will happen live from MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Watch Billboard Music Awards 2011 live on May 22, 2011.

Concert Stars
    Nominations come out tomorrow!

The 2011 Billboard Music Awards are shaping up to be one hot ticket: Rihanna, the Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and Taio Cruz are the first performers announced for newly revived show, which will air live on ABC from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Sunday, May 22.

And more announcements are on the way. On Wednesday morning (Apr. 13), the full list of nominees will be unveiled at a press conference in Las Vegas. More announcements will roll out as the date approaches, so stay tuned to Billboard.biz in the coming weeks for the latest updates.

Tickets for the Billboard Music Awards start at $57.75 and are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com.

The Billboard Music Awards will reflect Billboard's chart rankings based on key fan interactions with music, including album, radio play, single and digital sales, touring, streaming and social interactions on MySpace, Facebook and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners. The awards will be based on the reporting period of February 28, 2010 through March 1, 2011. Top artists will be recognized in a variety of genres, including R&B, Rap, Pop, Country, Rock, Latin and Alternative.

"This show marks the first of several broadcast platforms we plan to build around the Billboard franchise," said Richard D. Beckman, CEO of Prometheus Global Media, which owns Billboard. "We have an incredible network partner and with Don Mischer, one of the finest producers in the world. We look forward to entertaining music fans with Billboard's own rendition of a televised celebration of music."

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/....005125932.story

Concert Stars
    Ok the billboard Noms came out this morning but I can only fund a partial list posted on entertainment weekly so far. They only listed one country category so far for country artist if the year and Carrie was not included but Kenny taylor lady a and zac brown band were. How did Kenny beat Carrie for that slot when his sales are not great and he didn't even tour? Don't get it. Carries touring revenue was greater then most on the list but Taylor and she sold more albums then Kenny I think etc. Not sure about zac brown.

I know taylor and lady a are gonna sweep but I wanted Carrie to at least be nominated!

Maybe she got something in the other country categories but I can't find the full lust on billboard yet.

Has anyone else found it? Tx[/U]

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ok the billboard Noms came out this morning but I can only fund a partial list posted on entertainment weekly so far. They only listed one country category so far for country artist if the year and Carrie was not included but Kenny taylor lady a and zac brown band were. How did Kenny beat Carrie for that slot when his sales are not great and he didn't even tour? Don't get it. Carries touring revenue was greater then most on the list but Taylor and she sold more albums then Kenny I think etc. Not sure about zac brown.

I know taylor and lady a are gonna sweep but I wanted Carrie to at least be nominated!

Maybe she got something in the other country categories but I can't find the full lust on billboard yet.

Has anyone else found it? Tx[/U]
    Sorry to be the one to answer this Tee, but Carrie isn't nominated anywhere else. Believe me, her photo would stand out if she was.

Concert Stars
    I am very confused by the exclusion of carrie for a single nomination! Taylors song mine didn't even hit number 1 on billboard so how did it beat undo it?
    Last edited by teesharky; 04-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Do you have the full list?
    It's the first story on Billboard's website.

Have to say I was taken aback at "Incredible Machine" and "Stuck Like Glue" getting nominated - would have been nice if Carrie had gotten some love

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, this should be moved to the music forum since it really doesn't involve Carrie now. I don't want to see a whole thread of why wasn't she nominated.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Im not really surprised she wasnt nominated- there's always next year after the album release!

Concert Stars
    The country ones nominated have alot of POP really Jason duetting with Kelly Clarkson, - Sugarland, stuck like POP - Lady A, and Taylor POP remixers - you really have to POP POP POP to make it in these awards because you're selling to two genres so the stuff sells

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Was hoping for wins (or at least nominations) for both Keith and Carrie

I still a little shocked that they are bringing the show back to tv...I have always liked it when it was on tv, but I kind of liked it when they would annouce all of the year-end stuff and everything else. I just don't see why they are bringing it back, I guess...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by myeverythingKU View Post
    Was hoping for wins (or at least nominations) for both Keith and Carrie

Yeah would have been nice- I hope "If I Die Young" or the "House that Built Me" wins for country song over Mine & Need You Now - at least those are great written country songs

Insane Carrie Fan
    it's quite lovely timing to bring out this show again especially this year. I mean this show that focuses on sales/hype just had to come back now instead of the last 3 years. hip hip hooray. hah
    whatevers nbd this is just the calm before the storm. carrie will come back stronger than ever and will be way too big to ignore.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I feel that Carrie is already a big star, actually she's a superstar,..I thought I was done hearing about THTBM but guess not...THTBM is turning out to be ML's Before He Cheats- without the big sales.Seems like these awards shows just follow the patttern already set by previous award shows ...so thanks CMA, you're the pied piper ..For whatever reason I'm not upset about this..

Concert Stars
    This is very disappointing because Carrie had a huge tour and was the most played female on country radio last year. How did she not qualify for a single nomination?

I really hate award shows!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Well this is a bummer. Can't say I'm all that surprised though.

I figured for sure Lady A and Taylor would dominate the country categories, mainly because they had the pop-crossover appeal. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Jason Aldean getting a few nominations though.

Here's the list of all the nominees in case anyone wants to look:

Billboard Music Awards 2011 Main | Billboard.com

Concert Stars
    Cary-- do you have any idea why Mine got nominated over Undo It, etc, when Mine was not even a number 1 hit on Billboard? Nothing makes any sense to me.

The album sales I am ok with as that was pretty clear cut. Carrie's sales have dropped alot recently so I wasn't expecting anything there.

But radio and touring, chart success, etc-- should have helped Carrie right?

•