Concert Stars

Sarah Hill Interview and Testimony

Found this video when searching for more stuff on Soul Surfer. Starts with a 10ish minute interview of Bethany and her family, and then is a video of Sarah Hill interviewed and then delivering a message at her home church. I'm still watching it now, but there are a few small Carrie references during the interview. Sarah Hill has so much more depth than what the movie shows, I kind of wish there more scenes to develop her character and relationship with the Hamilton family.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Thank you so much for that!! I watched the whole thing and was very impressed with Sarah! She was put in the right place at just the right time because the Lord knew that she was needed. I loved her message of trust in the Lord! And it gives you a lot of background into how she came to be in Hawaii. And even what she suffered through!

At Mass today the Gospel was about the death of Lazarus and how Jesus resurrected him from the dead. During the sermon, all I could think about was Carrie saying, "I don't know why terrible things happen to us sometimes, but I have to believe that something good is gonna come out of this." The priest was talking about Jesus asking Martha (Lazarus' sister) if she believed that He was the Resurrection and the Life and that anyone who believed in Him, even though they die, would live. And Martha said, "Yes, Lord; I believe...".

Then the priest later went on to say that "Jesus knew something good was going to come out of this". I about fell out of the pew!!

It was amazing how everything the priest said, the Gospel reading for today, and even the hymns we sang were all messages the movie portrays! It is a message of hope, of life over death, of triumph over tragedy! It was an amazing Mass!

And Soul Surfer is an amazing movie!! I am so glad Carrie was a part of it!

Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks so much for sharing! It's really interesting learning more about the person behind Carrie's character.

Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing this video with us.

Concert Stars
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! Very powerful!

•