Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been saying it for ages now...but seriously...

2 Words:

ROCK.

ALBUM.

Steven Tyler Duet proved it for me. Next album should follow a rock country route...the crowd went psycho over that performance and so has youtube and twitter and everything! Steven probably added to the hype a little...but regardless, Carrie gave a solid pitch perfect performance...and I want to see that side of her in an album!

That is all.

Carrie Fans Maniac aussiefan_21's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^ Couldn't agree more! Don't get me wrong, I love her ballads too ... but I love it even more when she rocks out! Everyone has been loving it, the crowd loved it - hopefully Carrie can see this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Triquetral View Post
    Steven probably added to the hype a little...
    It's more than a little actually.

Concert Stars
    Agree! I love her country songs too and the ballads, but I am a rock fan at heart an this is the side of Carrie that the world needs to see occasionally. lol

A rock album would be amazing.

If Carrie did a whole album of rock covers, that would be amazing.

I would not be at all opposed to a rock-country sound on the next album either. She does SO good with that sound.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Change genres now! She has done all she can do in country, and she would rather be in Hollywood than Nashville. That much is obvious.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by GMRR View Post
    Change genres now! She has done all she can do in country, and she would rather be in Hollywood than Nashville. That much is obvious.
    is this sarcasm? bc if not, you dont know carrie all that well haha.. she hates hollywood.
    becca T

Huge Carrie Follower carriefan2000's Avatar
    obvious from WHAT? she does not live in hollywood , has no intentions of living there, does not use autotune or lip synch like pop singers, does not participate in the crazy paparazzi circus... what indicates she should/wants to switch? she should excel at what she does, which country with pop and rock influences.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I'm actually going to disagree here. I love her rock stuff, but more as covers. I don't think she should go in any drastic directions. She should make Carrie music whatever that is
    Exactly! Also, part of the excitement about the rock songs she does comes from watching her just get caught up in the music...you can't get that effect with an album. I agree that Carrie should make "Carrie music" lol. I also think the country audience and critics wouldn't take kindly to her recording an album that was too rock.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Geez, you've decided that? She loves Nashville, and hardly has done all she can do in country. She is a little bit rock and roll and a whole lot of Country.

"It is my belief that country music makes the world a better place, and I am so proud to be a part of country music." - Carrie Underwood.

She ain't going nowhere.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Why not pure country? If this(rock) is the path that is chosen for Album 4, then I'm not sure that she has advanced stylistically in the country music business. Many people,especially after the Tyler duet, want to know "is Carrie country or rock? Choose one or the other and do it well". I think that Carrie Underwood is at a crossroads in her career with the next album.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

Carrie is a country artist and doesn't need to be doing a whole album that isn't country, a song here or there on an album would be fine but not an entire album.

Concert Stars
    Well people will have to agree to disagree, LOL. There have been many people that liked Carrie more for her pop or even rock side since AI and not for her country so it is not surprising that some would rather see her do that. It doesn't surprise me that some would. Carrie has had fans liking different sides of her from the start since Idol makes you do so many genres. Now, does not mean she will ever do that but not surprised that some wish she would.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Why not pure country? If this(rock) is the path that is chosen for Album 4, then I'm not sure that she has advanced stylistically in the country music business. Many people,especially after the Tyler duet, want to know "is Carrie country or rock? Choose one or the other and do it well". I think that Carrie Underwood is at a crossroads in her career with the next album.
    so she does a rock cover (which shes been doing her whole career) and all of sudden she's at a crossroads? no. look at jason aldean, brad paisley, keith urban. they all have major rock influences in their music. undo it and cowboy casanova were a lil bit of rock. carrie doesnt need to switch genres at all. new country has always had rock influences.
    becca T

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Maybe some Country-Rock songs on upcoming albums.

But an all-rock album? No thanks.

I don't think Carrie needs to choose one or the other. She's been including elements of different genres into her country songs since the beginning of her career, and I think it's worked very well. She can sing just about anything, so I wouldn't necessarily want to limit her. If she continues doing rock covers I'll be happy! I love all kinds of Carrie's music - from the soft ballads, power ballads, country-pop, country-rock, traditional country, etc. One of the things I love about her is that she's able to be so diverse.

Ty
    I love rocker Carrie but I can't see myself being all that interested in an all-out rock album.

Concert Stars
    I loved Carrie performance the other night, but I would not want Carrie to do a rock CD.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I'm actually going to disagree here. I love her rock stuff, but more as covers. I don't think she should go in any drastic directions. She should make Carrie music whatever that is
    I agree with you, Carrie's voice is perfect for country music --her voice is too sweet for rock and roll.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast