Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Carrie Guru

[Apr 4 & 22] Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country (Official Event Discussion)

April 4 - Live Event

April 22 - Televised - 9:00 pm ET on CBS

Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year is honoring Reba, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride, The Judds and the legendary Loretta Lynn.

And what would a girls' night out be without some cute boys? Jason Aldean, Ronnie Dunn, Vince Gill, Rascal Flatts and Blake Shelton are all performing.

Academy of Country Music
    'Superstar Women of Country' TV special has new air date | Tulsa World

stream: http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=3018
    Last edited by jeff; 04-22-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: April 22nd televised time changed from 8 pm to 9 pm

Concert Stars
    Oh, I totally forgot about this! So many dates that are coming up to remember that have to do with Carrie! This should be good.

Can't wait finally able to see Carrie perform, its been way too Carrie lite

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow, they're broadcasting this on a FRIDAY night? I'd love to know the reasoning behind that? The ratings graveyard of the week!

Oh well I'll be counted as a viewer that night!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Wow, they're broadcasting this on a FRIDAY night? I'd love to know the reasoning behind that? The ratings graveyard of the week!

I agree! It's a little strange that it will be on a Friday night. Thank goodness that I have no important tv shows on Fridays...can't wait for the special!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Can't wait to watch this! I loved the B&D tribute last year, and thought it was incredibly well-done. Hopefully this one will be great too.

Concert Stars
    I'll be watching and posting on here

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Can't wait to watch this! I loved the B&D tribute last year, and thought it was incredibly well-done. Hopefully this one will be great too.
    Yeah, I agree. Last year's special was very good, and the George Strait special in 2009 was pretty good, too. The ACMs have done a really good job with their specials...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes, these are shows you can just sit back and watch true talent rather than get all worked up about bogus awards. Give me these shows any time = I bet they'd be a better hit than the award shows any time!!

Concert Stars
    Really looking forward to this one!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post

It's also a Friday night of a holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    It's also a Friday night of a holiday weekend.
    That's right...Easter! Good point...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I agree! It's a little strange that it will be on a Friday night. Thank goodness that I have no important tv shows on Fridays...can't wait for the special!
    Maybe they will have Rebecca Black on and sing "Friday".

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie showcases the gems SWISLY etc on the show! Would be great to here older gems like Starts With Goodbye and That's Where It Is (2 of my fav non singles from Carrie along with SWISLY & WCIS etc!)

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Beings this is being taped tomorrow, do you think we'll get pix and leaks of what Carrie sang?!?!?!? Please!!!!

Ty

ACM Girls Night Out 4/4/11 Taping

Figured I should start a thread to discuss the ACM's Girls Night Out special that will be taping later tonight and airing on 4/22/11.

Here's some spoilers from a celeb interviewer's blog, bolded the bits regarding Carrie:

Most of my duties have been preparing for the show they’re taping tomorrow, “Girls’ Night Out,” which will be broadcast on April 22nd on CBS. The reason I’ve been so busy is we keep changing things on the show to make them better, right up until the last possible minute. Mostly we’ve been improving the tribute packages, which are a glimpse into the early lives of our honorees. I’ve been asked to find photos of their hometowns, their families, and their early performances. Some of my favorite material came from Carrie Underwood’s management, who sent us footage of Carrie performing in a school assembly and even on a Tulsa Oklahoma TV station when she was in the seventh grade. Turns out she was a seasoned performer even then!

My favorite moments so far occurred at the rehearsals for the “Girls’ Night Out” show. As always on the second show, the house band sets up in a small room and the artists drop by to work on their songs. The great John Fogerty is performing two songs, including a duet with Wynonna Judd on one of his Creedence classics. Yesterday, John spent some time rehearsing his performance of a Judds song, followed by a run-through of “Proud Mary.” First the band did it like the original record, which sounded great. But then John announced that was the first time he’d played it that way in 40 years and that he’d taken a tip from the Tina Turner version and sped it up a bit, so they played it that way and that’s the way you’ll hear it on the show. And did I mention that John spoke to me? Sure, it was only to thank me when I got him a bottle of water, but still! Just observing him, you could see he was the nicest, most humble rock star you would ever want to meet.

Enjoy the show!

BEHIND THE SCENES AT THE ACMA’s 2011: SHOWTIME! Brian & The Biz

YAY!! something else to look forward to. more Carrie!! so HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY!! I know keep calm..

Concert Stars
    wow that sounds amazing!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Can't wait!!!
    another "end of april" performance.
    next wait is for "end of may" performance!
    haha
    hopefully carrie will do enough promotional stops for me to survive waiting! :P

Ty

briguyx Brian Carroll

Reba, Rascal Flatts, Ronnie Dunn, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Nettles & Vince Gill all in the same room at Girls Night Out rehearsal...

•  
    Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast