Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Fan Club Party RSVP

I just got an email to RSVP. It says go to the Fan Club Party Page & click on ENTER ME IN THE LOTTERY, but I don't see that option on the page. Does anyone else?

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I clicked I'm Going a long time ago so I don't see that option at all.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I just went and checked it out too, but all I see is the I'm Going button, which I had already clicked a while back. I didn't see an RSVP button.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I really do hate the company that runs Carrie's fan club. It is not the most organized. If you want us to click a button that says RSVP or Enter me in the lottery, then have the button there, lol! I also don't like the fact that you can't RSVP with another persom or member to go. They at least did that the first year. You sent an email to RSVP for the fan club party and you listed your name and user information, as well as the person you wanted to go with, so you at least didn't have to go alone. I'm going to sign my mother up for the fan club, but I can't be guaranteed that we'll both get picked, even though I know we most likely will. I mean, it will be stupid if my mom were to get picked and I didn't. She's not going to go without me, lol. I'm the one that wants to go, she's just going so I don't have to make the trip to Nashville alone.

Honestly, I would rather pay $15-20 to be able to take a guest with me than have to just cross my fingers and hope we both get picked. Because it's going to be a waste of $30 if I sign my mom up and she doesn't get chosen or I don't get chosen.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I really do hate the company that runs Carrie's fan club. It is not the most organized. If you want us to click a button that says RSVP or Enter me in the lottery, then have the button there, lol! I also don't like the fact that you can't RSVP with another persom or member to go. They at least did that the first year. You sent an email to RSVP for the fan club party and you listed your name and user information, as well as the person you wanted to go with, so you at least didn't have to go alone. I'm going to sign my mother up for the fan club, but I can't be guaranteed that we'll both get picked, even though I know we most likely will. I mean, it will be stupid if my mom were to get picked and I didn't. She's not going to go without me, lol. I'm the one that wants to go, she's just going so I don't have to make the trip to Nashville alone.

Honestly, I would rather pay $15-20 to be able to take a guest with me than have to just cross my fingers and hope we both get picked. Because it's going to be a waste of $30 if I sign my mom up and she doesn't get chosen or I don't get chosen.
    The Fan Club has probably grown so much over the past few years, that it would probably be overcrowded if everyone were able to bring a guest. Plus, the Fan Club would have to make extra t-shirts, gift bags, etc. And I like the intimate setting of the FC Party better anyway. Although it would be nice to bring someone, just have them join the FC for $30 if they really want to go.

Does the email usually say that you being picked isn't a guarantee? Every year they invite all members, but I can't remember if the email usually still says it's not a guarantee.

Not that I can go anyway.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    The fan club party is really something. Thanks everyone for beiing confused with me.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Does the email usually say that you being picked isn't a guarantee? Every year they invite all members, but I can't remember if the email usually still says it's not a guarantee.

Not that I can go anyway.
    It still says that it is not guaranteed. I haven't been since the first year and it was done completely different then, so I don't know what the chances are of getting to go now, although it seems everyone says it's almost a lock.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyLovesCarrie View Post
    The Fan Club has probably grown so much over the past few years, that it would probably be overcrowded if everyone were able to bring a guest. Plus, the Fan Club would have to make extra t-shirts, gift bags, etc. And I like the intimate setting of the FC Party better anyway. Although it would be nice to bring someone, just have them join the FC for $30 if they really want to go.
    The problem is if I want someone to go with me, I have to pay the $30 for them to join the fan club, because none of my friends or family is going to join on their own. Then on the slight chance we don't both get picked, I've just wasted $30. I know it's not likely, but it is still not guaranteed that everyone gets to go that RSVP's.

I liked Brad's fan club so much better, but I'm not a member anymore as I only joined to get tickets when Carrie opened for him. I went to his fan club party the same year as Carrie's first one. I was able to buy a guest ticket to his party for $10 I think. Plus, he did ticket sales for concerts for fan club members through his site - not a presale code for ticketmaster. I was in the third row of the pit for the show I went to. Pretty awesome.

I know Carrie wants as many fan club members as possible to have the option to go, but there are people with children under 13 and others that it would be more convenient to be able to bring a paying guest. It wouldn't necessarily mean that many more people get to go, but it might mean a few less OFC members. That is the only problem with it really. But since it's been at the Grand Ole Opry, I would assume the venue is plenty big enough to hold the OFC members that want to go and a guest. The year I went it was at the Roy Acuff theater and it wasn't even close to full. Does the party even fill up half of the Opry house?
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower harry_potter_211's Avatar
    I also wish that we were allowed to bring guests to the fan club party. I just joined the fan club, so this would be the first fan club party I'll be attending (that is if I get invited). So if I do get to go, I'll have to go alone and I never even been to Nashville before.

My fan club username is CarrieFan211 if anyone want to be acquainted with me over there.
    Last edited by harry_potter_211; 03-18-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by harry_potter_211 View Post
    I also wish that we were allowed to bring guests to the fan club party. I just joined the fan club, so this would be the first fan club party I'll be attending (that is if I get invited). So if I do get to go, I'll have to go alone and I never even been to Nashville before.

My fan club username is CarrieFan211 if anyone want to be acquainted with me over there.
    You won't be alone for long. We're all there for one reason, to see Carrie & meet other fans.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    While we're complaining, why is it being held in Nashville every single year!? That is sooo annoying!

LOL!

I am for the party being in Chicago!!

Concert Stars
    Robin, and anyone going, we should meet up!

We all meet up. Keep reading and see where and when as the time gets near. It is a great bunch of people here and on the FC.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, but last year, I didn't meet up with you guys so you missed the party.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Chisholm View Post
    While we're complaining, why is it being held in Nashville every single year!? That is sooo annoying!

LOL!
    Because a lot of her fans show up to see the Opry and then go to the charity baseball game while they're there. So it is annoying but certainly for a good cause.

Carrie's FCP is actually pretty sweet compared to other artists. Most artists sell tickets to their FCP's. With Carrie, it doesn't cost anything extra.

I think everyone will be invited again. I mean, they hold it at the Opry, and the Opry certainly has enough room for everyone who is able to go to the party.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Carrie's FCP is actually pretty sweet compared to other artists. Most artists sell tickets to their FCP's. With Carrie, it doesn't cost anything extra.

I think everyone will be invited again. I mean, they hold it at the Opry, and the Opry certainly has enough room for everyone who is able to go to the party.
    I was wondering, because they clearly state that it doesn't gaurantee that you can attend the FC party. I don't remember them saying that last year?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I was wondering, because they clearly state that it doesn't gaurantee that you can attend the FC party. I don't remember them saying that last year?
    They did, and I waited anxiously until I was able to print my ticket despite everyone assuring me it was pretty much a lock.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast