Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

Second Round of Perfomers Announces for CMA Music Fest

The GAC website is reporting the second round of performers for the CMA Music Fest. They just announced Brad Paisley, Zack Brown Band, Easton Corbin, Sara Evans, The Jane Dear Girls, Little Big Town, Ashton Sheperd, Josh Turner, and Chris Young. Still no Carrie yet. Taylor has not been announced either.

How many performers do they usually have per night at LP field?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Are these LP field performers only? I would assume some of those people - like Ashton Shepard and the Jane Dear girls would only get to the do the Riverfront during the day. I wouldn't think they would be big enough to do LP field.

I'm not sure how many they usually have a night. Hopefully Carrie will perform for those that are going, but I won't be going except for the fan club part and maybe the Opry, so I won't get to see her anyway.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    The GAC website said the performers would be peforming at LP Field.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    There are about 6 performers a night. Even more if they go back to the 2 stage set up. When I went last time they had a small set up (someone with only a guitar) that played while the main stage was changed up. Then you get 10 acts a night, lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    With the just announced second round of performers and the first round of performers they have 21 acts already set to perform at LP Field.

Concert Stars
    I wonder if Carrie will be a surprise performer, who will come on stage and duet with Brad to debut the song?

She has never been a surprise performer yet. I do hope she performs though. I hate when she is not at LP field because then she is not on the ABC program either. That ABC program for the CMA Fest in September is a great way for Carrie to get much needed tv time, given how quiet she has been lately.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I think Carrie being a surprise performer and doing the duet with Brad sounds like a GREAT idea! The only problem is that his next single may not have peaked by then so I don't know if they would do the duet or not.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I think the duet is going to be saved for the CMAs.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Whenever Brad and Carrie perform the duet, I hope the timing is such that it maximizes collab noms for the award shows!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I really think she may not do the CMA fest this yr. She doesn't have anything new as of yet and doubt if her 1st single will be ready by that time in June.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I really think she may not do the CMA fest this yr. She doesn't have anything new as of yet and doubt if her 1st single will be ready by that time in June.
    Agree!!

Concert Stars
    Wow if Carrie misses the CMA Fest and the CMTS, then I will seriously think something major is going down with the label. It is like they are deliberately taking her out of the running. Very sad.

I wonder if she will attend the ACMS and/or perform.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Taylor did it last year despite not having any singles to promote, and not doing the main field...as she did her lead single at a local club, in secret, before some select fans. Then they played it on the ABC special so it was great promo for the new single.

If Carrie doesn't perform at LP Field, I hope she at least does something like that, so her song is played on the ABC TV special in the Fall. You can't ask for better prime time esposure of a new single. Alot of people watch that show.Her team needs to be a bit more creative and do things like that to get maximum exposure for her singles.

Concert Stars
    Maybe again, this is Carrie's choice. Mike will be home for the summer, they may have a trip planned or something. I'm sure they have to sell or make arrangements for the house in Ottawa. Brad said they were looking at land to buy outside of Nashville, maybe this is the time they make a move, before all of the craziness starts with the new album and another hockey season. These are all ifs,, ifs, ifs....I'm just thinking out loud!

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Last year, these were the performances for each night:

June 10 -
    *Danny Gokey
    *Alan Jackson
    *Tim McGraw
    *Jason Aldean
    *Lady Antebellum
    *Carrie Underwood

June 11-
    *Julianne Hough
    *Josh Turner
    *Miranda Lambert
    *Keith Urban
    *Reba McEntire
    *Kid Rock

June 12-
    *Randy Houser
    *Easton Corbin
    *Billy Currington
    *Zac Brown Band
    *Martina McBride
    *Rascal Flatts

June 13-
    *Justin Moore
    *Kellie Pickler
    *Blake Shelton
    *Trace Adkins
    *Darius Rucker
    *Brad Paisley

So 6 each night. These were just at LP Field, though. They had about 4 other stages around downtown Nashville where artists performed, with the next biggest venue being the Riverfront Stage.

On another note -- SO EXCITED THAT LBT WILL BE THERE THIS YEAR! Can't wait! I hope Carrie goes, but it's okay if she doesn't. However, I'd find it VERY odd if neither Carrie nor Taylor would attend, because those are the two biggest names out there.
    On another note, I'm guessing Brad will close out the final night, because he's done it the past two years in a row.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Maybe again, this is Carrie's choice. Mike will be home for the summer, they may have a trip planned or something. I'm sure they have to sell or make arrangements for the house in Ottawa. Brad said they were looking at land to buy outside of Nashville, maybe this is the time they make a move, before all of the craziness starts with the new album and another hockey season. These are all ifs,, ifs, ifs....I'm just thinking out loud!
    But the fanclub party is June 7th, and the CMTS are June 8th, so they will be in Nashville anyway that week, you know? Being in the ABC CMA Fest special is a huge opportunity for promo for artists, new albums and new songs. It is a win win to be on it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow if Carrie misses the CMA Fest and the CMTS, then I will seriously think something major is going down with the label. It is like they are deliberately taking her out of the running. Very sad.

I wonder if she will attend the ACMS and/or perform.
    I'm thinking that she'll definitely attend. She'll be in Vegas anyways for the Girls' Night Out for her award. However, I'm not sure she'll perform. I hope she does, though! I won't have anyone to throw my shir-- I mean, cheer for. Plus, regardless of her snubs, she's the 2x reigning EOTY.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    But the fanclub party is June 7th, and the CMTS are June 8th, so they will be in Nashville anyway that week, you know? Being in the ABC CMA Fest special is a huge opportunity for promo for artists, new albums and new songs. It is a win win to be on it.
    I know, I want her to be there! I want her to be the special guest!! LOL!! Just trying to make some sense to all this!!

•