Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 149
  1. #41
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    You're right when you say "who could have even imagined".
    This level of manipulation is unpresidented even by TS standards, as with her there were such big numbers in so many areas of media interest that of course there was a great deal of buzz around her.
    But this is simply insider generated pimping. And yes, I see it filtrating right through the end of the year.
    And I hope I am wrong but I also see this as an opportunity to diminish the fall release of what should be one of Country musics biggest events.
    We'll see.
    You know one of the things that I admire and love about Carrie is she a competitor and has a competitive spirit. I think what has traspired the past year and a half is only going to add fuel to Carrie's fire. She's gonna come out with guns a blazing this fall and no wannabe interloper is going to rain on her parade. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some industry heavyweights come to her support!

  • #42
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    ML has recently expressed in touring with Kelly and she thinks they should be the entertainment for the Superbowl halftime show!
    lol that would be a boring halftime show IMO

  • #43
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    We'll see. Let's take it one step at a time. First, how high will HLM go? Next, the ACMs. Also, will ML hit the talk show circuit? promote country music? be in magazines? etc... Let's see how much star power will there really be.
    how high was OP? and it still gets nod? it's kind of obvious they don't really care what she has accomplished but just using manipulation and undertakings to get her as most exposure as possible. that's all they care about. trying to make a diamond out of bronze. well least it gets a better case. lol

  • #44
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,692
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    You know one of the things that I admire and love about Carrie is she a competitor and has a competitive spirit. I think what has traspired the past year and a half is only going to add fuel to Carrie's fire. She's gonna come out with guns a blazing this fall and no wannabe interloper is going to rain on her parade. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some industry heavyweights come to her support!
    Well I sure hope Carrie has some industy support because there is no way that I would think that a lot of the artists and others in the industry believe that Miranda should have been nominated for EOTY at both the CMAs and the ACMs over Carrie.

  • #45
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    how high was OP? and it still gets nod? it's kind of obvious they don't really care what she has accomplished but just using manipulation and undertakings to get her as most exposure as possible. that's all they care about. trying to make a diamond out of bronze. well least it gets a better case. lol

    Smoke and mirrors!

  • #46
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    ^ It all started with the label. had they not put ALL the cards in for her and not one for carrie-there's no way she could have gotten even half that she had gotten these past few award shows

    There have been changes at the label for sure but I don't think they would pass up an opportunity to have another female from the younger generation have a rising star and make some bucks for them - Carrie's on top with an ardent fan base - the label knows this and they may have pulled for her for entertainer, we don't know whether they did or not, but she should have been nominated there's no doubt but a nom and win would mean more to Carrie and her fans then to the label since she's on top anyway. If fans really love Miranda she'll stay on top, if they don't she won't - it all depends - all this may not be against Carrie, just more enthusiasm for someone new - I will continue to just celebrate Carrie's music and enjoy and look forward to her new projects , there are greats things on the horizon

  • #47
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,381
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    For me the only thing I've noticed about ML's recent success is that it's forced her to 'get in shape' and that's good for her health...as for all the comparisons, I don't bother with those but I've never been able to shake off the feeling that ML is not as sincere as she appears and I'm sure Carrie is aware of that now if she wasn't before.
    I sure hope so....must be a let down to Carrie!

  • #48
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Piney View,West Virginia
    Posts
    1,736
    Concert Stars
    Awesome Article Girl.....Nicely Written.

  • #49
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    As long as Carrie puts out great music, she will be fine !

  • #50
    Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    29
    I really like your comment. For some reason some reason (most likely trying to find the new flavor of the month to sell more records) the industy and award show have unfortunately fallen for the ML hype-machine over the last 1-2 years. The fact that Carrie has had her BIGGEST year (3 #1 songs, 1 #2 song, sold out amazing tour, 2xPlatinum PLAY ON, Golden Globe, BMI Songwriting awards, Film debut, TV appearances on multiple platforms, etc.) but received virtually NO awards (excluding her AMA 6 win sweep) tells me the critics are continuing to drink the label kool-aid and reward Miranda with numerous awards for her, objectively, extremely average sings, songs, and performances. For example, TEMP HOME in my mind is so much more emotional and complex than THTBM, plus Carrie co-wrote & sang he song, ML did not. Did Carrie win the most deserving vocal grammy of her career? NO. Miranda won her pre-paid Grammy based on the award railroad that just won't stop, even if she's not the best in the category. Miranda's lackluster (even boring) Grammy performance last week proved ML is not a superstar, queen, or even a headliner yet, and likely will never be - she just does not have the goods to deliver on the mountains of hype she's got recently. I dont' feel its her TIME since Carrie, Reba, or even Sara Evans are much better. Just because Miranda sings with an exaggerated "twang" does not make her Queen of Country. Just because she bounces around like a 2nd rate bar-band doesn't mean she's "real country". Just because she smokes, has affairs, and pretends to be an outlaw does not mean she's the real deal, frankly her image has always been calculated, and fans know this in their hearts. ML would have not appeared on NASHVILLE STAR if she was didn't think it was an opportunity (just like Carrie did) to further her career. The industry NEVER EVER mentions Miranda's reality show run because that would tarnish and contradict the incredible "authenticity" that her label has concocted in order to gain more credibilty. It pains me to think that PLAY ON lost to REVOLUTION many times this year, when Carrie's diverse, amazing album is better at any level. Songwriting, vocals, production, diversity, and execution. How can someone sing COWBOY CASANOVA, then follow with TEMP HOME?... sing UNDO IT and then the beauty of SOMEDAY WHEN I STOP LOVING YOU? The answer is NO one in country music, yet ACM and CMA thought "Only Prettier" or "White Liar" was an amazing, artistic triumph?? Insance but true. I honestly think if Carrie wants to win more awards she will need to play the industry game a bit more and release a more traditional country album next year.. she has the talent and maturity to deliver a knockout collection. Can you imagine combing the beauty of "SDWISLY" with the vibe of, say, "NEED YOU KNOW"? Carrie's cover of "You're Looking at Country" proves she can beat ML at her game, and now Carrie may have to decide to appease the industry and give them what they seemingly want or acknowledge as "country". I think Carrie's fans would love a full-on country cd from Carrie since she has not done it before - it could be incredible and give Carrie a mountain of praise & awards if she wants that. Carrie is a long-term player so she can really do whatever she wants - i have a hunch she will take this route and go for gold. I can just hear her singing songs like "Voices" or "Let Me Down Easy" --- radio would lap it up - agree with me???

  • #51
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,400
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by puggle10 View Post
    I really like your comment. For some reason some reason (most likely trying to find the new flavor of the month to sell more records) the industy and award show have unfortunately fallen for the ML hype-machine over the last 1-2 years. The fact that Carrie has had her BIGGEST year (3 #1 songs, 1 #2 song, sold out amazing tour, 2xPlatinum PLAY ON, Golden Globe, BMI Songwriting awards, Film debut, TV appearances on multiple platforms, etc.) but received virtually NO awards (excluding her AMA 6 win sweep) tells me the critics are continuing to drink the label kool-aid and reward Miranda with numerous awards for her, objectively, extremely average sings, songs, and performances. For example, TEMP HOME in my mind is so much more emotional and complex than THTBM, plus Carrie co-wrote & sang he song, ML did not. Did Carrie win the most deserving vocal grammy of her career? NO. Miranda won her pre-paid Grammy based on the award railroad that just won't stop, even if she's not the best in the category. Miranda's lackluster (even boring) Grammy performance last week proved ML is not a superstar, queen, or even a headliner yet, and likely will never be - she just does not have the goods to deliver on the mountains of hype she's got recently. I dont' feel its her TIME since Carrie, Reba, or even Sara Evans are much better. Just because Miranda sings with an exaggerated "twang" does not make her Queen of Country. Just because she bounces around like a 2nd rate bar-band doesn't mean she's "real country". Just because she smokes, has affairs, and pretends to be an outlaw does not mean she's the real deal, frankly her image has always been calculated, and fans know this in their hearts. ML would have not appeared on NASHVILLE STAR if she was didn't think it was an opportunity (just like Carrie did) to further her career. The industry NEVER EVER mentions Miranda's reality show run because that would tarnish and contradict the incredible "authenticity" that her label has concocted in order to gain more credibilty. It pains me to think that PLAY ON lost to REVOLUTION many times this year, when Carrie's diverse, amazing album is better at any level. Songwriting, vocals, production, diversity, and execution. How can someone sing COWBOY CASANOVA, then follow with TEMP HOME?... sing UNDO IT and then the beauty of SOMEDAY WHEN I STOP LOVING YOU? The answer is NO one in country music, yet ACM and CMA thought "Only Prettier" or "White Liar" was an amazing, artistic triumph?? Insance but true. I honestly think if Carrie wants to win more awards she will need to play the industry game a bit more and release a more traditional country album next year.. she has the talent and maturity to deliver a knockout collection. Can you imagine combing the beauty of "SDWISLY" with the vibe of, say, "NEED YOU KNOW"? Carrie's cover of "You're Looking at Country" proves she can beat ML at her game, and now Carrie may have to decide to appease the industry and give them what they seemingly want or acknowledge as "country". I think Carrie's fans would love a full-on country cd from Carrie since she has not done it before - it could be incredible and give Carrie a mountain of praise & awards if she wants that. Carrie is a long-term player so she can really do whatever she wants - i have a hunch she will take this route and go for gold. I can just hear her singing songs like "Voices" or "Let Me Down Easy" --- radio would lap it up - agree with me???
    Man, You hit the bullseye in your comments. It is everything that I have been saying all year. TOTALLY agree with you!!!

  • #52
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    Puggle I like this line the best, lol:

    Carrie's cover of "You're Looking at Country" proves she can beat ML at her game.

  • #53
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    There have been changes at the label for sure but I don't think they would pass up an opportunity to have another female from the younger generation have a rising star and make some bucks for them - Carrie's on top with an ardent fan base - the label knows this and they may have pulled for her for entertainer, we don't know whether they did or not, but she should have been nominated there's no doubt but a nom and win would mean more to Carrie and her fans then to the label since she's on top anyway. If fans really love Miranda she'll stay on top, if they don't she won't - it all depends - all this may not be against Carrie, just more enthusiasm for someone new - I will continue to just celebrate Carrie's music and enjoy and look forward to her new projects , there are greats things on the horizon
    they're sure not passing up the opportunity to get another female from the younger generation as rising star that they're trying to make of miranda. it's written right on the wall looking at all the nominations and even double nominations that just aren't making sense as miranda really honestly wasn't even on top of country music. it's quite obvious. we don't need to be geniuses to figure that out. they put in all the cards for miranda and left carrie out. if carrie really were in the running for it-they ALL know that miranda would have NO chance whatsoever. looking at all the accomplishments carrie had gotten-she would have had lockdown for FV, EOTY and perhaps even video-I strongly feel as subjective as videos are-that TH would still have won as it is by far the most emotional and best interpretation conveying it and great production.

    anyways, carrie would still have great sales because of who she is and because she already has a great presence in country music and her fans are very loyal. so in their minds, why give her more exposure? miranda is still 1000000000 times behind so in their "brilliant" minds, they say to try and polish the bronze as much as possible and put it on display while shoving the diamond down into the dirt because, lol we all know that the bronze should be the one everyone sees! who cares about the diamond! if the diamond is out there with the bronze-NO one will be looking at the bronze as it will be overshadowed by the brilliance and light of the diamond! so that's exactly what they did.
    like pklongbeach had said before in different words -they're just putting the choice milk way back and giving the much lesser for everyone-shoving it down their throats because who, having a choice would rather have the worse one? they know that so they manipulate people and situations to get to where miranda is at now and it's MESSED up. I don't care if it's called "business". it's wrong and ESPECIALLY dirty, doing that to their OWN artist.
    yeah, carrie is still doing fine and happy and is still making great music but that's NOT even the point because that doesn't justify their actions or mean what they did should be considered Normal or given a "whatever" attitude. as far as I'm concerned, no one messes with our girl! we're talking CARRIE UNDERWOOD guys! she's done SO MUCH in JUST 5 years and this is the thanks and appreciation she gets? it's like a slap in the face! again, don't mess with our girl.

  • #54
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by puggle10 View Post
    I really like your comment. For some reason some reason (most likely trying to find the new flavor of the month to sell more records) the industy and award show have unfortunately fallen for the ML hype-machine over the last 1-2 years. The fact that Carrie has had her BIGGEST year (3 #1 songs, 1 #2 song, sold out amazing tour, 2xPlatinum PLAY ON, Golden Globe, BMI Songwriting awards, Film debut, TV appearances on multiple platforms, etc.) but received virtually NO awards (excluding her AMA 6 win sweep) tells me the critics are continuing to drink the label kool-aid and reward Miranda with numerous awards for her, objectively, extremely average sings, songs, and performances. For example, TEMP HOME in my mind is so much more emotional and complex than THTBM, plus Carrie co-wrote & sang he song, ML did not. Did Carrie win the most deserving vocal grammy of her career? NO. Miranda won her pre-paid Grammy based on the award railroad that just won't stop, even if she's not the best in the category. Miranda's lackluster (even boring) Grammy performance last week proved ML is not a superstar, queen, or even a headliner yet, and likely will never be - she just does not have the goods to deliver on the mountains of hype she's got recently. I dont' feel its her TIME since Carrie, Reba, or even Sara Evans are much better. Just because Miranda sings with an exaggerated "twang" does not make her Queen of Country. Just because she bounces around like a 2nd rate bar-band doesn't mean she's "real country". Just because she smokes, has affairs, and pretends to be an outlaw does not mean she's the real deal, frankly her image has always been calculated, and fans know this in their hearts. ML would have not appeared on NASHVILLE STAR if she didn't think it was an opportunity (just like Carrie did) to further her career. The industry NEVER EVER mentions Miranda's reality show run because that would tarnish and contradict the incredible "authenticity" that her label has concocted in order to gain more credibilty. It pains me to think that PLAY ON lost to REVOLUTION many times this year, when Carrie's diverse, amazing album is better at any level. Songwriting, vocals, production, diversity, and execution. How can someone sing COWBOY CASANOVA, then follow with TEMP HOME?... sing UNDO IT and then the beauty of SOMEDAY WHEN I STOP LOVING YOU? The answer is NO one in country music, yet ACM and CMA thought "Only Prettier" or "White Liar" was an amazing, artistic triumph?? Insance but true. I honestly think if Carrie wants to win more awards she will need to play the industry game a bit more and release a more traditional country album next year.. she has the talent and maturity to deliver a knockout collection. Can you imagine combing the beauty of "SDWISLY" with the vibe of, say, "NEED YOU KNOW"? Carrie's cover of "You're Looking at Country" proves she can beat ML at her game, and now Carrie may have to decide to appease the industry and give them what they seemingly want or acknowledge as "country". I think Carrie's fans would love a full-on country cd from Carrie since she has not done it before - it could be incredible and give Carrie a mountain of praise & awards if she wants that. Carrie is a long-term player so she can really do whatever she wants - i have a hunch she will take this route and go for gold. I can just hear her singing songs like "Voices" or "Let Me Down Easy" --- radio would lap it up - agree with me???
    I think the upcoming 4th album might be the best we've heard from carrie yet! she's showed intense growth since beginning till now and this just might be her peak!! I don't think carrie necessarily has to release a full on traditional country album to show her growth because carrie has already shown what she's capable of. she can sing ANYTHING. whether she sings traditional country, gospel, or contemporary country-I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for material that can do justice for her incredible vocals.
    I just hope that nobody tries to hold her or her success back or recognition. I'm going to be super duper pissed if that happens AGAIN

  • #55
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    I really don't care if carrie gets any awards. carrie should make the music she wants to make. Is it a traditional country CD? Maybe if that is what she wants but I don't think she will change her plans because some label desides not to back her. She is bigger than the label.

  • #56
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    ^^ITA. Carrie IS bigger than the label. I'm happy as long as she's happy. I hope she just keeps doing what she feels is right for her, including the type of music she records, special projects, etc. Anything else is icing on the cake.

  • #57
    Huge Carrie Follower carrie4aus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney-Best city in the world
    Posts
    862
    The only thing Miranda has over Carrie is she arrives in Australia soon for a series of concerts !!

  • #58
    hjj
    hjj is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    5,761
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie does have the backing of the label at least in the promotion of her album. I don't care about the awards other than I do like Carrie to be recognized for her hard work but many others work hard and also don't get recognize. Carrie's management may just have to work harder to keep Carrie's name out there. The gender issue in country music is just ridiculous. They would never treat Carrie this way if she was a guy, IMO. I would still love to know if Carrie is more like a rental/lease by the label therefore someone like Miranda that comes to the label directly and not through 19R might earn more money for them per dollar for dollar.

  • #59
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie4aus View Post
    The only thing Miranda has over Carrie is she arrives in Australia soon for a series of concerts !!
    very true !

  • #60
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,482
    Who's board is this seriously who's name is on this board? It's Carrie's so please cut out all the Miranda talk she just like our sweet Carrie is here to stay NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!(!)


  •  
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •