Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 149
  1. #21
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,934
    For me the only thing I've noticed about ML's recent success is that it's forced her to 'get in shape' and that's good for her health...as for all the comparisons, I don't bother with those but I've never been able to shake off the feeling that ML is not as sincere as she appears and I'm sure Carrie is aware of that now if she wasn't before.

  • #22
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    it's ridiculous how we even have to deal with the argument of "miranda is the queen". like really?!
    WOW, just WOW. are they (the writers/miranda's team) even AWARE of other country artists before miranda like SHANIA TWAIN, or FAITH HILL?! I wouldn't even consider carrie queen of country at the moment (but I do believe she's next one to take the crown) but suddenly miranda is the "queen" because she tells people -she's prettier and it's ok to smoke? lol
    where has everyone been for the last 5 years?
    is the sky falling or something?

  • #23
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196


    talk about desperation. nonsense alll the way

  • #24
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,496
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    For me the only thing I've noticed about ML's recent success is that it's forced her to 'get in shape' and that's good for her health...as for all the comparisons, I don't bother with those but I've never been able to shake off the feeling that ML is not as sincere as she appears and I'm sure Carrie is aware of that now if she wasn't before.
    I've said since like forever that ML is a wolf in sheep's clothing! The most important reason why, when a while back when there was talk of an all girl's tour, some mentioned Carrie with ML and that thought just made the hairs on my neck stand up!!! Those that wanted that tour, you should note that ML has now moved onto Kelly Clarkson. That would be an interesting tour combo given that this article implies that ML is true country and she can't be bothered with country-pop. Last time I checked Kelly is a pop artist! Oh well still a wolf in sheep's clothing in my book!!!

  • #25
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    ^ what about kelly clarkson?

  • #26
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Now we gotta remember that ML doesn't write these articles. So she shouldn't be directly linked to them.
    But yes, I believe her marketers are. And they speak for her. And these kind of over-the-top promos are just too much for what she has accomplished at this point so they simply don't ring true. Even in the last 10 years there have been a dozen women who have had more success than ML and yet they were not given this kind of empty-handed promo.
    I would suggest that ML be very careful how she is beng sold so as not to create a backlash before she really gets off the ground.
    In these new days of social media it is just too easy to get the stats and recognize this as unwarrented promo. And it doesn't sit well with fans of other artists who are clearly head and shoulders above ML.
    This kind of veiled marketing worked 10 years ago, but it doesn't work now.

  • #27
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Pi314CA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,897
    A gold standard that is used to recognize achieving country music star status is being a Grand Ole Opry member. And ML is not a member.

    I hate these kind of articles. It's a slap in the face to true legends, like Reba and Dolly.

    Okay, ML, you are handed the silver platter. See if you uphold this HEAVY silver platter.

  • #28
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,496
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    ^ what about kelly clarkson?
    ML has recently expressed in touring with Kelly and she thinks they should be the entertainment for the Superbowl halftime show!

  • #29
    Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,059
    Daisytweets has it right. It is radio pushing another person down our thoats.

    They didn't do it the first time and they won't do it now.

  • #30
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,546
    Concert Stars
    She will be invited to the Opry soon because Blake was last year. The industry will promote her like crazy this year. I have the feeling ML and Blake will co host the CMA 2011 as married couple and wont be surprising if they will give her the CMA EOTY 2011 as she is headlining this year. Oh well we will just have to keep supporting Carrie all the way and win her awards on all fan voted shows. It will be industry vs. Carrie fans from now on. We have work to do in the next few months.

  • #31
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    Here's my take on it - there have been two country pop female artists - Carrie and Taylor taking the spotlight for the last five years - the more traditional country artists have taken a back seat and worked hard to find a way to the top of the awards and now they have formed a nice voting block that enables them to get nominations and wins and Miranda , being very talented and putting out good material in the last five years and breaking out with a solid album is deserving of wins but I think the voters got too greedy and walked over singers who are more deserving in the Entertainer category. That being said - I think if Carrie comes up with an album that is critically acclaimed by the country community she will again be nominated and win awards. The more country singers in the limelight the better for country music and it will inspire them to produce great music for the fans. When you look at the big picture of the Grammy's and award shows in the last five years we've had Carrie, Rascal Flatts, Keith, Brad, Taylor, Zac Brown Band, Lady A, and Miranda in the spotlight and make an impact at the Grammy's and as Joe Galante said Carrie opened up those doors six years ago when millions of viewers saw a country artist win Idol and followed her home. Good stuff ahead , no doubt.

  • #32
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    ^ It all started with the label. had they not put ALL the cards in for her and not one for carrie-there's no way she could have gotten even half that she had gotten these past few award shows

  • #33
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,496
    Miranda Lambert is not a lot of things.
    She's not putting diary entries to music, la Taylor Swift.
    But she is writing and recording songs that convey tremendous emotion.
    She's not taking a Louisville Slugger to anyone's car, la Carrie Underwood.

    It's hard to take the article seriously when it starts out like this. Guess I'd rather have someone take Louisville Slugger to my car than burn down my house like she does in a video!!!!




  • #34
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    ML has recently expressed in touring with Kelly and she thinks they should be the entertainment for the Superbowl halftime show!

    lool of course she wants to be the entertainment for the superbowl -it's highest rated! let's see if she actually gets invited.
    we ought to get carrie/brad/keith to do it. that'd be SPLENDIDDDD

  • #35
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,496
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    She will be invited to the Opry soon because Blake was last year. The industry will promote her like crazy this year. I have the feeling ML and Blake will co host the CMA 2011 as married couple and wont be surprising if they will give her the CMA EOTY 2011 as she is headlining this year. Oh well we will just have to keep supporting Carrie all the way and win her awards on all fan voted shows. It will be industry vs. Carrie fans from now on. We have work to do in the next few months.
    I wouldn't be so sure about this. I don't think she's shown the dedication to the opry that others have. I'm not saying that it won't happen eventually but up till now she hasn't shown the dedication that I think others have shown.

  • #36
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    at this point-ANYTHING can happen. who even could have IMAGINED when shania twain/garth brook were nominated and won EOTY that later on -a small headliner and a bit above mediocre career at best would be considered the "queen"!
    we all thought carrie was a LOCK for EOTY CMA and ACM. and yet she WASN'T and the last person considered was that not only swept the nominations but wins!

  • #37
    Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    4,012
    Great blog I agree with it Carrie is still the queen of country as we all know this past year Carrie still had a bigger year than Miranda but she was snubbed.
    BTW-Miranda only has 1 #1 single.

  • #38
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    at this point-ANYTHING can happen. who even could have IMAGINED when shania twain/garth brook were nominated and won EOTY that later on -a small headliner and a bit above mediocre career at best would be considered the "queen"!
    we all thought carrie was a LOCK for EOTY CMA and ACM. and yet she WASN'T and the last person considered was that not only swept the nominations but wins!
    You're right when you say "who could have even imagined".
    This level of manipulation is unpresidented even by TS standards, as with her there were such big numbers in so many areas of media interest that of course there was a great deal of buzz around her.
    But this is simply insider generated pimping. And yes, I see it filtrating right through the end of the year.
    And I hope I am wrong but I also see this as an opportunity to diminish the fall release of what should be one of Country musics biggest events.
    We'll see.

  • #39
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    You're right when you say "who could have even imagined".
    This level of manipulation is unpresidented even by TS standards, as with her there were such big numbers in so many areas of media interest that of course there was a great deal of buzz around her.
    But this is simply insider generated pimping. And yes, I see it filtrating right through the end of the year.
    And I hope I am wrong but I also see this as an opportunity to diminish the fall release of what should be one of Country musics biggest events.
    We'll see.
    I'm concerned about that too.

  • #40
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Pi314CA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    You're right when you say "who could have even imagined".
    This level of manipulation is unpresidented even by TS standards, as with her there were such big numbers in so many areas of media interest that of course there was a great deal of buzz around her.
    But this is simply insider generated pimping. And yes, I see it filtrating right through the end of the year.
    And I hope I am wrong but I also see this as an opportunity to diminish the fall release of what should be one of Country musics biggest events.
    We'll see.
    We'll see. Let's take it one step at a time. First, how high will HLM go? Next, the ACMs. Also, will ML hit the talk show circuit? promote country music? be in magazines? etc... Let's see how much star power will there really be.


  •  
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •