Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, Im gonna take the Hollywood Bowl as an indirect award to Carrie, cuz she performed there!

Concert Stars
    I just feel like Carrie can never catch a break these days. lol

I don't care that much about this award--- don't get me wrong--- but it feels like awards come so easy to Lady A, Miranda, and everyone else these days. But poor Carrie just can't win anymore.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    New touring artist: Lady Antebellum
    wow Lady A won, but Carrie lost. Figures.

Nothing going our way lately.
    I have seen Lady Antebellum in concert when I saw Tim Mcgraw and they are pretty good live and so I'm happy for them. Still think they aren't ready for EOTY until they headline their own tour but I liked them in concert and think they will be successful when they do headline their own tour. I especially liked American Honey live. But for me, Tim Mcgraw was who I came to see and he didn't disappoint. Lady Antebellum was pretty good too.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Well, Im gonna take the Hollywood Bowl as an indirect award to Carrie, cuz she performed there!
    my feeling is that when the people who voted saaw carries show is was at the hollywood bowl so they didn't get to see all of carries stage production but they liked what they saw enough to nominate her

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I just feel like Carrie can never catch a break these days. lol

I don't care that much about this award--- don't get me wrong--- but it feels like awards come so easy to Lady A, Miranda, and everyone else these days. But poor Carrie just can't win anymore.
    Totally know what you mean :-(

Concert Stars
    Most creative package James @ Carole

Concert Stars
    ^^^Don't know who alot of these people are but that is okay.

Wow, it';s great that the Ryman won

Concert Stars
    yeah that is a nice feather in Nashville's cap.

Though I am so anti-country music right now that I almost don't care. lol

Concert Stars
    Thank GOD! SWSRN lost too! Woohooo!!! Best news all day! lol

It is pretty sad that the only good news, is when someone we don't like, loses.... lol

Concert Stars
    Roger Waters won tour of the year. wow. Did he even tour all that much? I didn't even know he was on tour, nor did I care. No offense. lol

Yes....Suck it, SWSRN!!! I had never heard of this Roger Walters guy.....Hated him for beating Carrie, but LOVING him right now!

Concert Stars
    ^^^So I'm taking he beat TS too? They must be loving them some Roger Walters....lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This award wasn't all that major, and the fact that Roger Waters (the least-known, IMO, of the 4, and didn't even have great stats for his tour like Carrie, Lady Gaga, or Muse) is kind of weird, but whatever. I'm not upset by it. Congrats to him, and to Lady A, too!

And congrats to whoever beat SWSRN. Hopefully this could be a (slight) indication that she won't be totally rampant this year in awards ceremonies... *I totally know I'm wrong about that, ugh...*

I seriously just want Carrie to make the best freakin' album she ever could. I want her to make an album that will knock the socks off of the music industry, and then shove it in everyone's faces that she's here to stay, and isn't just another Country bombshell that stays for 5 years then gets replaced by the next.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just looked up the "Roger Waters" tour thingy, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. While I still think a flying truck surpasses everything else the touring industry has seen this year, Waters had a 35-foot tall "brick" wall that displayed tons of different movie scenes and theatrics during the performance, and then at the end of the scenery/performances, the wall collapsed on stage.

That's pretty freakin' awesome, too. Not on the same level as a flying truck, but it's on a pretty high caliber if you ask me.

Concert Stars
    So I'm guessing Lady Gaga didn't win anything too?

Who the heck is Roger Waters? Never heard of him.

Concert Stars
    Roger Waters is the lead singer of Pink Floyd. "Another Brick in the Wall...."

Concert Stars
    I just looked him up. It looks like he was the co-lead vocalist of Pink Floyd and one of the founders of the group. Heard of Pink Floyd but had never heard of him lol.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by undrwood9098 View Post
    This award wasn't all that major, and the fact that Roger Waters (the least-known, IMO, of the 4, and didn't even have great stats for his tour like Carrie, Lady Gaga, or Muse) is kind of weird, but whatever. I'm not upset by it. Congrats to him, and to Lady A, too!

And congrats to whoever beat SWSRN. Hopefully this could be a (slight) indication that she won't be totally rampant this year in awards ceremonies... *I totally know I'm wrong about that, ugh...*

I seriously just want Carrie to make the best freakin' album she ever could. I want her to make an album that will knock the socks off of the music industry, and then shove it in everyone's faces that she's here to stay, and isn't just another Country bombshell that stays for 5 years then gets replaced by the next.
    I know. I hope Carrie sticks to a theme this time, does more love songs, more happy upbeat songs, soft production, and a more organic, Dixie Chicks sound for this album.

If she sticks to the same formula of the first 3 albums, she is going to get slammed by the critics again, and she won't; gain any ground.

She needs to take a risk, and go in a different direction this time.

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast