Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

WOW! TH video passes 3 Million!

I just noticed the TH video has surpassed three million views, in a very short amount of time. This is the first time I noticed this, it was no-doubt from the Idol performance.

The highest-rated comment says "like if American Idol brought you here"- 136 thumbs up. That's amazing!

Concert Stars
    awesome!

Concert Stars
    That's great news! Thanks!

Concert Stars
    wow now it's over 4 million

Concert Stars
    Thanks! Wow - is the AI performance causing the boost is views?? I noticed a lot of comments are very recent.

Concert Stars
    ^ i'm not sure.. i think it was over 3 million before the idol performance but i can't remember.. it most likely gave the views a boost just not sure how much

Concert Stars
    In the comments section on Youtube, it says "like if Amercian Idol brought you here..." and there are 154 "likes". So, it's hard to know how many views there were prior to AI. However, it makes sense since TH had a big boost on iTunes also.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I've been keeping track of Carrie's VEVO hits and TH has held steady. There was no increase due to AI. TH was averaging 11.9k/day before AI and 11.8k/day in the past month.

BTW, here are the numbers for each of Carrie's VEVO videos. The views/day is based on the last 50 days.

BHC: 21.734 million, 18.5k/day
    JAD: 17.056 million, 14.3k/day
    SS: 10.972 million, 6.3k/day
    AAG: 8.007 million, 7.1k/day
    LN: 7.572 million, 5.9k/day
    CC: 5.671 million, 12.9k/day
    Wasted: 4.512 million, 3.5k/day
    TH: 4.084 million, 11.8k/day
    UI: 3.379 million, 8.7k/day
    MS: 3.203 million, 18.8k/day
    DFTRM 2.502 million, 5.4k/day
    JTTW: 2.033 million, 9.6k/day
    ITYS: 1.277 million, 4.1k/day

MS has the highest views/day out of all of Carrie's VEVO videos. MS zoomed passed DFTRM last month, will pass UI next month.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    i find it weird that lots of people never knew TH even though it was a successful song... Well... Thank you AI and hopefully this will help Carrie get another Grammy...

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thats great! i love that video it deserves it

Concert Stars
    IT's important to remember with country music, that in bigger city areas (like mine) music is so segregated that if it is not pop/top 40, people don't know about it at all.
    Many where I live are not even aware Carrie is still making albums and selling multi-platnium till someone tells them.
    TH being heard by a wide audience this week brought it to the attention of a lot of people that had no idea it even existed.
    This is the struggle that many of us have with Carries choices. It does leave alot of people out who would otherwise been enjoying her music a great deal.

Concert Stars
    That comment is to say that pop radio refuses to play a country song unless it is a pop/remix.
    That decision means that many people don't get to hear Carries music cause they are caught in the cross-fire.
    It's frustrating.
    Friends that I know who don't even like country music, love Carries songs, but don't ever get a chance to hear them.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    That comment is to say that pop radio refuses to play a country song unless it is a pop/remix.
    That decision means that many people don't get to hear Carries music cause they are caught in the cross-fire.
    It's frustrating.
    Friends that I know who don't even like country music, love Carries songs, but don't ever get a chance to hear them.
    Actually a loooong time ago like '06 I think, I heard BHC on my local "Top 40/Pop" station. But they never played Carrie after that...sucks

Concert Stars
    I agree. Carrie is a country artist and so unless you follow country music/country genre or are a stalker fan like me....lol....jk, most don't even know about Carrie's current music since her music is just played on country radio mainly and not much on other radio formats. Not everybody follows Carrie's music like we do and so not everybody knows about TH or her other songs. Thus, the promotion on AI helped bring some attention to it outside the normal country genre/scene.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

The highest-rated comment says "like if American Idol brought you here"- 136 thumbs up. That's amazing!
    I hate YouTube comments like that. They're on EVERY SINGLE VIDEO, and the people who make those must feel so clever. I prefer comments that actually contribute to the video.

I'm also sick of, "I'M THIS AGE AND I APPRECIATE THIS MUSIC!!!!!!!!1111" or "0MG. I CAN'T BELIEVE JUSTER BIEBER HAS MORE VIEWS!!!!!!111 <makes some immature joke about his height/age/voice/sexuality/gender>"

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by m.chill99 View Post
    Actually a loooong time ago like '06 I think, I heard BHC on my local "Top 40/Pop" station. But they never played Carrie after that...sucks
    thats bc BHC crossed over BIG TIME
    becca T

Its great I dol is still giving Carrie a boost and if more people sing her songs great, it gets Carries songs out to those that don't listen to country music. Its like free PR especially when the contestants sing well. Of course none will sound as good as Carrie. I never read the you tube posts because the haters out there make me ill and I get so angry . I don't want to stoop to their level so I have learned with the help od friends on these sites to just stay away.

Wow, BHC rakes in almost 20k a day? That's strong!

•