Thread: Idol Co-Host?

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Idol Co-Host?

hm,

I am just throwing this out there but how could would it be if Fox would ask Carrie to come back and co-host with Ryan on American Idol? I mean we all know she is a ratings draw and would have several who may have tuned out of the show to come back and start watching again. Carrie really got me thinking about this after she was on Golden Globes Redcarpet and said you are the next american idol. Idk probably won't happen but I love the idea!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'd love to see it, but Carrie has her own career, and I don't want her to be sucked down for 5 months every year hosting Idol, then getting sucked down an addition 3 or 4 months for voiceovers and tapings of the auditions over the Summer/Fall.

It'd be great to have Carrie on TV every week, twice a week minimum, but it would stink because it would give her a lot less time to work on new music.

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    well how about a contributor? or Special reoccuring co host? like every 2 weeks or something? It wont happen but still.

Concert Stars
    Yeah I rather Carrie not Co-Host American Idol but she does make a good co host so I probably would watch Carrie if she did.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm not personally big on the idea; Carrie's a superstar with a huge career. It took her years of hard work to erase the stigma that comes with being an Idol winner; that's over, and people respect her for being her OWN artist. I don't think it'd be smart for her to attach herself to the show at this point in her career.

Carrie does everything she can to show appreciation to Idol, and all the oppertunities the show has given her; frankly, I don't think she needs (or should) feel obligated to give anything to the show. She's the only Idol winner who regularly performs on the show, although she has a huge career. To me, that is her way of showing she is grateful, but it works great for her (and us) because the obligations don't get in the way of her career.
    I would LOVE to see her as a mentor to the contestants though; she would be PERFECT! I never understood why the chose Adam Lambert as a mentor instead of Carrie, who probably would've loved to do that.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This yr they are not going to have guest mentors so Carrie missed out at least for this yr. Adam is the chosen one to promote last yr. He was given opprotunity that was never afforded to winners or runner ups before. Strange that he still is not that successful tho.

Concert Stars
    This season is going to suck. Me and my friends were going around asking people if they would watch it and most answers were, "No" or "Only the auditions". If Carrie co-hosted, they could get some good ratings

I'd rather not have Carrie co-host AI, she's busy enough as it is. Maybe as a guest host for 1 special episode or something, but not the entire season lol. TV show hosts make it seem easy, but I think there's a lot more preparation required to hosting a show beyond what we see on the TV screen. This will occupy too much of Carrie's time, and I don't wnat her career as a singer be sidelined by this. I'm content with her guest performance per season

Concert Stars
    If Idol had weekly guest hosts, I'd say have Carrie do it once or twice. But that's a career move that would take up too much time when she should be focusing on music. She is still fairly new and should make her full mark on Country music before she makes a move like that. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing her as a guest judge or a mentor... something of that sort...

I think Carrie should mentor Country week but she is so new I am not sure idol would go for that yet last year they had Adam Lambert as a mentor. I can't see them having co-host other that the comentators off site with is past idol contestants from the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I'm not personally big on the idea; Carrie's a superstar with a huge career. It took her years of hard work to erase the stigma that comes with being an Idol winner; that's over, and people respect her for being her OWN artist. I don't think it'd be smart for her to attach herself to the show at this point in her career.

Carrie does everything she can to show appreciation to Idol, and all the oppertunities the show has given her; frankly, I don't think she needs (or should) feel obligated to give anything to the show. She's the only Idol winner who regularly performs on the show, although she has a huge career. To me, that is her way of showing she is grateful, but it works great for her (and us) because the obligations don't get in the way of her career.
    I would LOVE to see her as a mentor to the contestants though; she would be PERFECT! I never understood why the chose Adam Lambert as a mentor instead of Carrie, who probably would've loved to do that.
    Carrie has always done a performance since her win. She supports AI and even went to Africa on the first year of Idol gives back. I will bet if the do Idol gives back this year Carrie will be involved in some way. It would not surprise me to see a performance from her this year and I don't think it hurts her carreer to perform on the show. I think they keep asking her because she has become the biggest superstar to come out of the show. Kelly is next and she has performed in the past but not every year.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    They are not having country week this yr and I don't think they are having guest mentors since they have the guy from Interscope for that very purpose.

Concert Stars
    AI would not go beck to the co-host thing. so the closest thing to co-hosting that Carrie could do on the show would be 1)Make an "appearance" at an audition or hollywood week (which America's Next Top Model does with its winners) which would be seen as a desperate ratings move by AI critics or 2)co-host Idol Gives Back or the Final (which several non-winning AI people have done) which again, would be strange, because AI depends upon Carrie performing at IGB and the finale.

Concert Stars
    I think that would be a step down for Carrie. Carrie is a superstar, not a host of a reality show....you know?

I love the idea of her being a guest judge or a mentor, but not the host. I love Ryan Seacrest, but hosting a show like that is a major step down for someone like Carrie. They get B-list people for that, and Carrie is A-list.

Concert Stars
    I don't think that's a good idea! As someone mentioned, it took Carrie 5 years to get rid of the AI association and going back to is going backward. Don't get me wrong, I will forever be greatful to AI but co-host is not the way. Plus Ryan Seacrest is a legend now!

Concert Stars
    I don't think that's a good idea! As someone mentioned, it took Carrie 5 years to get rid of the AI association and going back to is going backward. Don't get me wrong, I will forever be greatful to AI but co-host is not the way. Plus Ryan Seacrest is a legend now!

Not a fan of the idea. Seems it would be type-casting her as one of those blonde bimbos who host these shows.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Ryan Seacrest is not a B lister, Imo. He is one of the best in the business w/ his hand in many other jobs as well. I would not mine Carrie hosting the second venue if they do Idol Give Back and I would not even mine if she did a guest hosting if they needed someone to fill in.

Concert Stars
    It seems like every possibility for Carrie to do something goofy will eventually make an appearance on this board eventually.

•