Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1288
Like Tree3247Likes

Thread: 'Drinking Alone' chart updates

Junior Carrie Follower Zach1998's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    It appears UMG is holding Keith back behind Carrie? I hope at least, lol.
    They May be. I was wondering if they are slightly holding Sam Hunt back as well so Carrie could pass him if they gun for top 5 in the coming weeks or so because Samís song is actually quite massive itís selling and streaming phenomenally well and should be performing a lot better at radio than it is.
    CU4ever likes this.

Concert Stars
    I don't even think she's being phased out. This album just had some bad single choices or got unlucky with listeners. Carrie said Cry Pretty wasn't written for radio so it makes sense where it peaked, Love Wins I'd say we can all agree wasn't the best song for radio. As for Southbound, radio initially really did love it, then test scores come in bad and it hits the break- but still gets #1 on Mediabase. Again with Drinking Alone, around 20 it began really picking up and doing quite well, then bad test scores come in so it halts. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think Carrie could continue to get #1 after #1 if she releases songs that don't test badly with listeners (radio seems to like her as evidenced by DA and SoB) and are enough radio friendly. Just last album, I'd say all the songs were very radio friendly and they were all pretty big hits and sold/tested well too
    I agree. I'm totally in love with DA, and have been from the day CP was released. However, all you have to do is Rate the Music to see how glaringly different it is. After a few good songs from female artists you get all of the sound alike males and then, BOOM, DA suddenly appears and sounds like a loud orphan looking for a home. I'm so happy it has done as well as it has and that level of success, to me, is indication that radio is not ready phase out Carrie. All depends on the next album, tho. Guess we'll see!!
    CU4ever, rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I don't even think she's being phased out. This album just had some bad single choices or got unlucky with listeners. Carrie said Cry Pretty wasn't written for radio so it makes sense where it peaked, Love Wins I'd say we can all agree wasn't the best song for radio. As for Southbound, radio initially really did love it, then test scores come in bad and it hits the break- but still gets #1 on Mediabase. Again with Drinking Alone, around 20 it began really picking up and doing quite well, then bad test scores come in so it halts. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think Carrie could continue to get #1 after #1 if she releases songs that don't test badly with listeners (radio seems to like her as evidenced by DA and SoB) and are enough radio friendly. Just last album, I'd say all the songs were very radio friendly and they were all pretty big hits and sold/tested well too
    We'll have to disagree about the phase out part.
    pkc4rls likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach1998 View Post
    They May be. I was wondering if they are slightly holding Sam Hunt back as well so Carrie could pass him if they gun for top 5 in the coming weeks or so because Sam’s song is actually quite massive it’s selling and streaming phenomenally well and should be performing a lot better at radio than it is.
    I had been wondering the same thing about Sam. It seems like when they got really close Sam kinda hit the breaks and like you said, for a song of that stature losing audience and having a lot of small gains is odd

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ Sam gained 105 spins/.593 AIs today

DA remains at #11 (+48 spins/+.085 AIs)
    11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4499 4281 218 24.034

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    No such thing in Carrie's music. The single choices IMO were better that most that hit #1.....

So then if she felt it wasn't written for Radio, then all of her singles did very well on Radio despite not all getting number#1, which IMO all were deserving of...

With Radio anything can happen... We see the younger females are starting to get played more, hoping that momentum keeps going and they are really doing well in sales/streaming where Carrie's music always struggled for some strange reason....
    gwade82 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    No such thing in Carrie's music. The single choices IMO were better that most that hit #1.....

So then if she felt it wasn't written for Radio, then all of her singles did very well on Radio despite not all getting number#1, which IMO all were deserving of...

With Radio anything can happen... We see the younger females are starting to get played more, hoping that momentum keeps going and they are really doing well in sales/streaming where Carrie's music always struggled for some strange reason....
    I think maybe the reason for the somewhat struggle in streaming/digital sales could just be attributed to American Idol. If you think about it, during that season ALL voting was done over the phone...as in dialing the number or text (I think texting was a method back then lol), but no online voting or use of twitter/facebook, etc. So basically when Carrie first rose to stardom, people for the most part were still buying albums and listening to the radio mostly. Now itís changed to such a digital world, and I feel like Carrieís core fan base still sticks to the older ways for the most part. I for one still prefer radio and albums over streaming and digitally purchasing music.
    CU4ever likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'm curious to see where DA will end up peaking. The negatives keep rising on the call out chart while the fav numbers are dropping each week. I really badly want it to just go top 10 on Billboard, and it would really stink to have it peak at #11 just like Love Wins did. When Cry Pretty was faltering around #10, UMG did a massive push and got it up several spaces on both charts. I'm really hoping they have a big push like this planned for Carrie soon to at least get it to 10 on Billboard, or better yet higher than that.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    The people voting carrie down on the callout polls must really be haters. This isn’t the first song Of carries they have tried to sabotage. She had a lot of jealous haters out there that somehow have access to these callout scores to hurt her- whereas we her fans have zero access to vote in these polls.

Is there anyone out there that can help us find a way to vote on whatever polls are affecting her callout scores). It’s infuriating that we cannot help.

I do rate the music poll every week but I have no idea if that counts on the callout scores. Thanks.
    CU4ever likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    still waiting on mediabase to update
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #11 (+60 spins/+.374 AIs)
    11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4559 4323 236 24.408

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    A good update at least!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #11 (-45 spins/-.040 AIs)
    11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4514 4324 190 24.368

DA will move to #10 this afternoon with recurrents removed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    something's going on at mediabase,guessing a panel change. DA gained 18 spins/.056 AIs in the afternoon update. Most of the top songs gained 10-15 spins or so.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #10 (-19 spins/+.208 AIs)
    10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4495 4364 131 24.576

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    A few comments/thoughts:
    I noticed DA is a featured song on the upcoming release of NOW Country Vol 13, out on June 5th.

I wonder what might have happened if DA and Love Wins would have switched places as far as when they were released as singles. Would Love Wins been able to peak higher considering whats going on in the world currently? Who knows for sure but i do wonder about it.

Also.... happy 15th anniversary to Carrie on her Idol win on May 25, 2005!

I’m not a chart guru or anything but I’m guessing tomorrow it’s going to be another negative update and the following day it be a positive update. It’s Memorial Day/Weekend so I’m hoping that’s the reason for the negative updates. Hoping it be back on track with Wednesday morning update

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #10 (-2/+.148)
    10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4493 4427 66 24.724

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Well spins keep falling but at least it keeps having good audience gains which I’d say is more important
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Drinking Alone down two spots to #13 on Billboard...hopefully top ten is still a possibility.

Edit: DA missed #12 by .020

•  
    Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast