Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree2020Likes

Thread: 'Drinking Alone' chart updates

Carrie Follower
    I certainly hope Carrie is thinking about how to reimagine herself in a new era. What she is doing right now she has been doing for over a decade. (and should be able to sustain for as long as she wants, but it's clear radio is not interested). And as others have either gone quietly into retirement (Faith/Shania/"Every Woman" ha ha ha) others like TS decide to go with the tide and reimagine who they would like to be as an artist.
    Now for me, if Carrie just wants to continue to do her thing the way she is doing it that's fine. She will release an album every few years. Go on tour every few years . And this will slowly dwindle down. And she will basically return to civilian life.
    BUT, the decision to remove herself from CMA (as an announcement of her own and not allowing the CMA to do it) means that maybe she does see opportunity! And that there is that competitive edge of hers that realizes she can't win by sitting still.
    We shall see. But things seem a bit like change is in the air. Fingers crossed!!

I had a dream last night that was crazy but so good!

Carrie won Entertainer at the CMA's but take the stage and didn't accept it! She instead take the time to talk about the lack of support for females at country radio and announced that she was leaving country music and she did that to create controversy and bring attention to the issue. The next days country radio started to play females songs equaly or more than males songs because the backlash was really huge!

It was iconic!! Lol
    ethelu likes this.

I thought this song was for sure her best guaranteed smash since Church Bells..I still think it is it just needs promo and airplay.

Some of my friends have said Carrie just needs to go away for a few years since it seems radio and general public is "sick" of her always being available....I dont want her to just disappear I want her to cross genres and make kick @ss music! It's like shes a huge superstar but 1 notch under what she could be and I dont know why

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    I thought this song was for sure her best guaranteed smash since Church Bells..I still think it is it just needs promo and airplay.

Some of my friends have said Carrie just needs to go away for a few years since it seems radio and general public is "sick" of her always being available....I dont want her to just disappear I want her to cross genres and make kick @ss music! It's like shes a huge superstar but 1 notch under what she could be and I dont know why
    Ummm...The general public does not seem sick of her at all. The general public rallied behind her after the CMA trainwreck. Radio, yeah they're basically done outside a few hits here and there. Plus, she basically goes away for a while after every album, so she doesn't need to do that.

Concert Stars
    Looks like Trisha isn’t done after all. However, Locash is

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post

she needs a crossover duet. That always guarantees awards, attention and a hit.

I don't think that radio is completly done with Carrie. I mean she just got a number 1 like three months ago. I do think that radio is more picky about what they will play by her given her age. If she wants more number 1 hits she'll probably have to stick with what is radio friendly. From this album the only songs that sounded radio friendly to me were Southbound, maybe End Up With You, and Ghosts on the Stereo (a radio DJ from pulse said he thought Ghosts would have worked well as a single.) While I am happy Carrie has been releasing the music she wants to I do hope her next era consists of more radio friendly songs (that are still important to her) because I miss hearing her new material on the radio; I still haven't heard DA yet.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^GOTS would have done worse then DA is doing

Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Looks like Trisha isn’t done after all. However, Locash is
    she is + spins are probably from a syndicated show, she was negative in AIs again today, and she went recurrent on Billboard already

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

she is + spins are probably from a syndicated show, she was negative in AIs again today, and she went recurrent on Billboard already
    Given Ghosts has a more traditional sound, which is the way country radio is starting to lean I disagree, but to each their own.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Couldn’t she could get put back on billboard? I’ve seen that before. Her updates this week look like they’re trying for that since if she was dropping it would be losing more than 20 spins/little audience every day, in my opinion

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Couldn’t she could get put back on billboard? I’ve seen that before. Her updates this week look like they’re trying for that since if she was dropping it would be losing more than 20 spins/little audience every day, in my opinion
    Billboard is based n AIs and so far this week the song is down .145 AIs. Three days in a row negative updates. It would have to post some decent numbers the next 4 days to get put back on as it's been treading water for weeks.
    CU4ever and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    The only current single by a solo female artist I hear on my local stations is “The Bones” by Maren. That’s it. It’s pathetic.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    The only current single by a solo female artist I hear on my local stations is “The Bones” by Maren. That’s it. It’s pathetic.
    I hear The Bones and More Hearts Than Mine. I may hear an old song by Carrie often, but not DA. -- Kelsea posted on her instagram a radio station saying they aren't allowed to play two women back to back. That explains the struggling for DA.
    Last edited by CU4ever; 01-17-2020 at 02:22 AM.
    txacar, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #34 (no change/+.008)
    34 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 1304 1265 39 5.502

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is everyone stand still or just DA? I dont get it. Also did Trisha have a negative update? Wondering if Garth is paying for some positive updates for her

Concert Stars
    ^Trisha is still losing spins, still #29 w/no bullet.

Concert Stars
    Are any songs going off this week?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I would expect Rhett and Combs to go recurrent.

Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^Trisha is still losing spins, still #29 w/no bullet.
    yes she lost 29 spins today but somehow managed to gain .185 AIs.
    Something fishy going on.
    txacar, Suellen, CU4ever and 2 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think GOTS would have done well as a single. This is really one of my favorite Carrie songs ever

Concert Stars
    This whole era is really strange.
    CU4ever, glenn7, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

•  
    Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast