Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1443Likes

Thread: 'Drinking Alone' chart updates

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA is passed by 'Beer Can't Fix' and drops to #34(-21 spins/-.070 AIs)
    34 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 1303 1247 56 5.499

Yearwood's EGITT is done, it went recurrent on Billboard and is falling on mediabase.
    Most of the female lead songs are looking shaky this morning. Guess radio had no new year resolution to play women more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Yearwood's EGITT is done, it went recurrent on Billboard and is falling on mediabase.
    Most of the female lead songs are looking shaky this morning. Guess radio had no new year resolution to play women more.
    I just can't understand how an industry so rich in history from both its men and women, can turn its back on half of its artists. In many cases the women of the genre were bigger than their male counterparts and pushed country's boundaries further than ever. Loretta, if I remember correctly, was the first woman in history to have a movie made about her life, not just in country, but the first of all time. Dolly, is arguably the biggest country star that ever lived and took country across the globe like never before. And there are so many other examples. I just can't understand why radio executives actually think they are right and justified in cutting that legacy off and leaving it in the past? It's just very sad.

Concert Stars
    It's tragic!! It makes me so sad, and angry that I've lost all faith in Country Music. They are not going to make things better anytime soon! Carrie is my go to everything! Can't imagine how she feels now!!
    glenn7 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    It's tragic!! It makes me so sad, and angry that I've lost all faith in Country Music. They are not going to make things better anytime soon! Carrie is my go to everything! Can't imagine how she feels now!!
    As radio declines in usefulness, streaming will be the best new way for artists to be heard, as well as having new artists on tours. Hopefully, more new female artists get the chance at those tour slots and can grow their fanbase, the way Kacey did. That's why I wish Carrie's team would have leaned even harder on streaming this era, instead of focusing mostly on radio. Maybe next album, we'll see.

Concert Stars
    BCF already passed Carrie on Billboard where she is doing better at #32. I’ve also always heard it’s better for a song in the long run to be higher on Billboard, so that’s good.

Concert Stars

I see Gabby, Maren, Ingrid had really good days today...and you know they don't play more than 3 women at a time in high rotation..

Concert Stars
    I just can’t fathom why radio isn’t jumping on this song. It’s her best since “Church Bells” and the best song on country radio at the moment, IMO.

Also, just as an example, Dustin Lynch just scored his 7th #1 single. Seven of his last eight have gone #1 on airplay. However, his combined album sales for 3 albums is way less than just “Cry Pretty”. There is no way he could come close to Carrie’s touring numbers. And yet he has #1 after #1. I don’t know if I could name two of his songs. I mean no offense at all to him, but this is ridiculous in comparison to Carrie. She is pretty much the spokesperson for Country music to the world and it’s like pulling teeth to get airplay.
    liz278, nccountrygal and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    I do the Rate the Music surveys, and I did one this week and DA still wasn't on it. Does the song need to be top 30 to be on the survey? And I rate most of the songs very low, but these songs still seem to climb the charts.

I don't listen to country radio anymore, I really can't handle most of what is on there, but it doesn't seem to affect them. I guess there's not enough people/women not listening to affect their bottom line. Because nothing has changed for a few years.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I just can’t fathom why radio isn’t jumping on this song. It’s her best since “Church Bells” and the best song on country radio at the moment, IMO.

Also, just as an example, Dustin Lynch just scored his 7th #1 single. Seven of his last eight have gone #1 on airplay. However, his combined album sales for 3 albums is way less than just “Cry Pretty”. There is no way he could come close to Carrie’s touring numbers. And yet he has #1 after #1. I don’t know if I could name two of his songs. I mean no offense at all to him, but this is ridiculous in comparison to Carrie. She is pretty much the spokesperson for Country music to the world and it’s like pulling teeth to get airplay.
    The Dustin Lynch example you mentioned is the exact reason radio is irrelevant and becoming even more irrelevant. They are totally out of touch.
    DizzyDollyDee and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #34 (-4 spins/-.020 AIs)
    34 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 1299 1246 53 5.479
    DaisyTweets, glenn7 and quincyeyes like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    checking the top 10 markets this morning....

New York - has Southbound in the top 50, DA no where to be found ( Cumulus)
    LA- one of two stations (KKGO) has DA in the top 50 ( Radio Disney, Mt Wilson Broadcasting))
    Chicago - none of the 3 stations have DA in the top 50 ( iheartmedia, Entercom and Alpha Media)
    Dallas - neither of the two stations have DA in the top 50 ( Cumulus)
    Houston - neither of two stations has DA in the top 50 ( Cox Radio, Entercom))
    Washington DC - DA in the top 50 but cut spins 27-24 this week (iHeartMedia)
    Atlanta - neither of the two stations has DA in the top 50 ( iheartmedia,Cumulus)
    Philadelphia - the one station has DA in the top 50 but cut spins 25-20 this week ( Entercom)
    Boston - one of two stations has DA in the top 50 but cut spins from 23-20 this week ( Beasely Broadcast group, iheartmedia)
    Miami - one station has SB in the top 50 increasing it's spins by 3 this week, no DA ( Entercom)

Sirius XM continues to play Backsliding
    DaisyTweets likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Maybe DA is slipping this week as UMGs Resources are going to the big push they are Doing? So frustrating they are refusing to take DA Top 30

Looks like Capitol is on vacation again...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ more like radio PDs are on vacation. UMG can't make them play the song. If they could every song would be #1.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    I think we need a new album this year. A shot in the arm to the industry.

^ more like radio PDs are on vacation. UMG can't make them play the song. If they could every song would be #1.
    I don't want to have this conversation again but it's been two months and like you showed us a lot of stations don't have DA even in their top 50, after two months... UMG can't make it to #1 with every song but they could do better with their biggest artist.. they have a promotion team for something.

Dang I was hoping DA would start really climbing after the holidays. I wish she could at least perform it somewhere to help push the song...what's the next possible place? The ACM awards in April?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I don't want to have this conversation again but it's been two months and like you showed us a lot of stations don't have DA even in their top 50, after two months... UMG can't make it to #1 with every song but they could do better with their biggest artist.. they have a promotion team for something.
    But if the PDs don't add it, UMG can't force them too. What do you want them to do?
    CU4ever and LilUnderwood like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Maybe they don't think its country enough. Maybe Carrie is getting too old for them to play. I don't understand it anymore. Why does the country industry treat her so badly. No awards and no radio airplay. I stopped listening to country radio a long time ago. I really wish she would start branching out to different genres.
    pkslongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    DA remains at #34 (+5 spins/+.015 AIs)
    34 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 1304 1258 46 5.494

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast