Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

'Southbound' chart updates

just sent to radio

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    https://twitter.com/PACRadioShow/status/1120405800852307968

IMPACTS: 4/29

NEW MUSIC: @carrieunderwood officially sends #Southbound to radio.

mooret, mbh, glenn7 and 1 others like this.

Not my favorite but I'm ready for a Summer smash!

I'm just so...disappointed. I just feel as though she is selling herself short. I just wish that she forget about country radio and release quality music.
    adam1995, Jae, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Extremely happy they went ahead and released it. This should send her straight to the top and should restore a lot of lost momentum from the first two singles. I understand that some are disappointed with this and I will admit it's by far not my favorite on the album, but I feel that she needed a "sure thing" and this is one of the only songs on the album that I think has pretty much a guaranteed #1 finish (knock on wood) for radio after so much momentum has been lost. Would have hated for her to release another "risky" song after two underperformers and it peak lower than LW and pretty much end the era all together (much like what happened with Keith's Graffiti U era.) This should set up single 4 (hopefully DA) to perform very well in the fall IMO.
    Hil and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    I'm just so...disappointed. I just feel as though she is selling herself short. I just wish that she forget about country radio and release quality music.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. It's clear radio is not as friendly to her as before, so why pander with a female bro song, on the tail of a dying bro trend? Just release "Low", "Drinking Alone", or "Spinning Bottles". So frustrating.
    Avira, Jae, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I would have much preferred Carrie release a truly powerful song like Spinning Bottles instead of releasing a party song for women.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    it's a fun song, nothing wrong with releasing a fun song.Good on her.

can we just try and have fun with it?
    mooret, Hil, bigd79 and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I think it’s a perfect song for summer! I think another heavy or emotional song wouldn’t do well on radio right now
    maddkat, mbh, Hil and 2 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    One of my local country stations had a special debut for southbound at 5:20(cdt) today! It sounded so good to hear on the radio not gonna lie. This was one of my favorite songs on the album from the day the album was released, not because its the best song lyrically or anything, but because its just plain fun and catchy as hell. And its a side to her we just don't get to see hardly ever, so i am a million % on board for this. I really do believe this will go to #1. I mean, it took my local station(s) til january to put LW in rotation, so i would have to say already seeing it debut today southbound is already off to a better start! I am so ready to hear this on my radio(and my playlists) all summer long! Today is a good day��

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    it's a fun song, nothing wrong with releasing a fun song.Good on her.

can we just try and have fun with it?
    If we don't really like the song, we don't have to be happy it's released.

I'll say I won't root against it, I of course want Carrie to succeed, but this could be a 6 week #1, and sell three million copies, but I just don't think it does anything to move her career forward. Just an opinion. I'll check its chart run, but post very little, as mine seems to be an unpopular opinion, and I'll try not to bring any negativity for those enjoying this song.
    Last edited by adam1995; 04-22-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Jae and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

Carrie Follower
    I was baffled with UMGís decision to release SB as the third single. This is because it is not the kind of song CU will release as a single. It is most likely a strategic move by the label after her last two singles did not really performed well by CUís standard. The radios werenít ready for heavy and emotional songs after all. Letís hope SB will help CU return to the top of the chart since it is a summer jam - fun and catchy.

Tbh, Iím already wishing for her next album to arrive soon. It gonna take at least 2 more years. Haha!
    LilUnderwood likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post

I'll say I won't root against it, I of course want Carrie to succeed, but this could be a 6 week #1, and sell three million copies, but I just don't think it does anything to move her career forward. Just an opinion. I'll check its chart run, but post very little, as mine seems to be an unpopular opinion.
    No, no you don't. You can keep posting about being uphappy about it all you want as you have been.emoji52.png

from Billboard update
    mbh, CU4ever, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post

I'll say I won't root against it, I of course want Carrie to succeed, but this could be a 6 week #1, and sell three million copies, but I just don't think it does anything to move her career forward. Just an opinion. I'll check its chart run, but post very little, as mine seems to be an unpopular opinion.
    I don't listen to country radio so I won't worry about it. I skip that track on the album as others obviously do since it appears to be the most unpopular track on the album on youtube. I'll vote and support the song just as I always do for Carrie, but I can't say I'm not disappointed (even though I felt the VEVO stamp on the ACM video was a sure sign, since she won't have much time to do a real one given the tour, CMT Fest, Sunday Night Football taping, etc. etc.).

Hoping it climbs the charts for her. She needs a boost this era. Go Southbound, even tho I don't like you very much, lol!!!
    kdprouty, ethelu, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

^ I did just notice Drinking Alone hit 1 million views on youtube and southbound has like 385k...

I will admit I'm disappointed for any live tv performances coming up...ACMs performance was good but a DA, Low, Backsliding performance would be so much better live...crossing my fingers its one of these released for Single #4...
    txacar, adam1995, jimshoe and 3 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Iím excited for Southbound. Itís not the best album track but itís one of my favourites.

She hasnít ever released such an upbeat party song so I like the change in direction. Maybe she just wants to have fun for a change?

I always hate single 3 release. I feel like the era is practically over by single 3 and if you arenít too thrilled with the choices so far it can be disappointing.

I like that she seems to have way more control this era. I wonder if spinning bottles was trialled as single 3 but didnít have the responses they would of hoped for?

There is a reason itís been released and Iím just enjoying the CP ride.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I don't listen to country radio so I won't worry about it. I skip that track on the album as others obviously do since it appears to be the most unpopular track on the album on youtube. I'll vote and support the song just as I always do for Carrie, but I can't say I'm not disappointed (even though I felt the VEVO stamp on the ACM video was a sure sign, since she won't have much time to do a real one given the tour, CMT Fest, Sunday Night Football taping, etc. etc.).

Hoping it climbs the charts for her. She needs a boost this era. Go Southbound, even tho I don't like you very much, lol!!!
    Please no. We already got screwed over with CB being a tour video. This album deserves much better than that.
    heymc likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I hear Carrie's songs being played on the radio all the time - rarely get in the car where I don't hear one within 10 min or sooner - but they are all her old singles. I have yet to hear Love Wins. I love all her old ones that they are playing, but I did even when they came out. They sound like the Carrie we love This new cd is not going to have a negative effect on her career - we all love her, true fans will support her and we'll all be doing everything to push each single forward. But have to admit I'm already looking forward to her next one but I'm one little person who will vote for her cause we love her and the sound she puts out regardless if we like the song. Go Carrie!!!
    rainbow1 and brenda218 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    No, no you don't. You can keep posting about being uphappy about it all you want as you have been.emoji52.png

from Billboard update
    Well, I'm going to try something different and keep the repetitive posts to a minimum. Unless, I have a point to make or an observation I'd like to highlight, I'm not really contributing.

I will say this, we deserve a real video...NOT the ACM performance!
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Iím HERE FOR THIS! It doesnít matter what we think anyhow lol. Southbound has been released and itís going to slay. If you donít like it, you can continue to post, but this song is here to stay. You can just feel the sassy, fun spirit from the promo image being used. Letís go Southbound!

•  
    Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast