Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree371Likes

Thread: Weekly Album Sales, Cry Pretty Era

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Weekly Album Sales, Cry Pretty Era

Time to start the Cry Pretty album sales era thread!

Carrie Underwood Makes History With Seventh Consecutive No. 1 on Top Country Albums Chart

9/25/2018

Carrie Underwood's sixth studio LP, Cry Pretty (Capitol Nashville/Universal Music Group Nashville), flies in atop Billboard's Top Country Albums chart (dated Sept. 29) with 266,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Sept. 20, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 251,000 are from traditional album sales.

Concurrently, Pretty bows at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200, making Underwood the first woman to top the chart with four country albums. On Top Country Albums, her six studio projects and a hits package make her the first artist in the survey's 52-year history to post seven consecutive career-opening No. 1s.

"This album is so special to me for so many reasons, and I couldn't be more proud that people have embraced it the way they have," Underwood tells Billboard. "I feel so blessed to be able to do what I do, and I am incredibly grateful for the support of fans around the world that make it all possible."

Additionally, all of Underwood's albums have opened atop the country tally, starting with 2005's Some Hearts. Carnival Ride followed in 2007, and she continued with Play On (2009), Blown Away (2012), Greatest Hits: Decade #1 (2014) and Storyteller (2015).She passes Miranda Lambert, who has posted six successive career-starting Top Country Albums No. 1s (with all also debuting at the summit).

The 251,000-unit sales week for Cry Pretty is the biggest for a country act since Luke Bryan's Kill the Lights debuted with 320,000 copies sold (Aug. 29, 2015). The last female artist with a bigger sales week for a country album was Taylor Swift, whose Red sold 276,000 copies in its ninth week on the chart (Jan. 5, 2013).

Underwood ties Dolly Parton for the third-most Top Country Albums No. 1s among women. Reba McEntire leads with 13, followed by Loretta Lynn (10). Underwood produced Pretty with David Garcia, who also co-wrote six of the tracks, and she co-penned 12 of the 13 songs on the set.

The title-track first single from the album peaked at No. 5 on the airplay, streaming and sales-based Hot Country Songs chart and No. 9 on Country Airplay, becoming Underwood's 27th top 10 on the lists, encompassing all her proper singles promoted to the format.

Additional note:
    Of Cry Pretty’s 266,000 units, most were in album sales: 251,000, as noted above. The remainder was comprised of SEA units (11,000) and TEA units (4,000).
    Last edited by Pi314CA; 09-25-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    When we will get the final number from billboard?

Concert Stars
    I’m still so over the moon with Carries sales numbers! So exciting!
    DaisyTweets, rainbow1, mbh and 1 others like this.

1. *Carrie Underwood (Capitol Nashville) 230-240k Total Activity, 220-230k Albums
    That is so good to see!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I an just so dang proud and happy for Carrie! She stole all those pop girls wigs! Lol

After everything she has been through to get here no one deserves it more. No hurricane cancelling her Today Show or illness cancelling her UK shows can stop this album!

But honestly the the quality of the album is selling itself. She is pulling an Adele. Little promo but big sales anyway.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopytan86 View Post
    When we will get the final number from billboard?
    Probably Sunday or Monday
    snoopytan86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Little promo but big sales anyway.
    Maybe not that much promo televised but I think UMG and Carrie's team did a pretty good job with the tour bundle, T-shirt promo, Target Edition, Vinyl edition, Spotify stream and so on.
    Josh, Suellen, Hil and 1 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The Final Forecast now at Building Album Sales Chart, Hits Daily Double for Cry Pretty is 246,314 copies for the first week.
    Hil and ethelu like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Report: Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” Wins US Sales Race, Will Claim #1 On Billboard 200

“Cry Pretty” takes #1 on this week’s key album charts.

by Brian Cantor
    a day ago

Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” unsurprisingly won this week’s US album sales and consumption races.

According to Hits Daily Double and BuzzAngle, “Cry Pretty” sold about 246K pure US copies during its inaugural tracking period.

With TEA (track sales/10) and SEA (track streams/1250 for paid services + track streams/3750 for free services) included, it generated about 260K in first-week consumption.

In addition to topping industry projections (which called for 220-230K US sales, 230-240K US units), the numbers markedly top those of Underwood’s previous album. “Storyteller,” that album, debuted with 164K pure sales and 177K total units.

Due Sunday, Billboard’s more authoritative data will differ slightly from that reported by Hits. The differences will not, however, be enough to affect the overall outcome. “Cry Pretty” will be a dominant #1 on the Top Album Sales (pure sales) and Billboard 200 (consumption) charts.

Its closest competition on both fronts will likely be Eminem’s “Kamikaze,” which reportedly generated about 41K in pure sales and 94K in consumption.

“Cry Pretty” will become Underwood’s fourth #1 on the Billboard 200.

— In addition to the enthusiasm one would expect for a new Carrie Underwood release, “Cry Pretty” benefited from a concert ticket-album bundle (albums redeemed as part of the bundle count as sales).
    txacar, PRGuy79, Suellen and 8 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Congratulations to Carrie and the UMG team on a debut sales week that exceeded industry expectations! A huge accomplishment!
    Hil, _luvqry, mbh and 7 others like this.

266k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

251k in pure album copies
    11k in SEA units
    4K in TEA units

1st woman to have four no.1 country albums on the Billboard 200

Biggest opening week in country in three years since Luke Bryan's Kill the lights

For now the largest opening week for a woman in 2018. Last was Taylor in Dec 2017

Slay Carrie!!!!!!!!!

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...mpression=true

Carrie Guru
    After almost 13 years, Carrie is still making history in Music ! Congratulation Carrie Underwood.
    Suellen, rainbow1, txacar and 7 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow congrats Carrie on such great numbers for a great album.
    opry051008 and mbh like this.

266k! So close to Blown Away!

I think next week if the drop was milder than other albums that debuted with a tour bundle, we can be sure it's people actually going to the stores to buy it.

Cry Pretty sold 4,437 copies in the UK for its No 16 placement - Storyteller sold 6,852 albums when it debuted at No 13. It's a good result considering the massive sales declines in Britain.

Dutch Album Charts
    46 (NEW) 1 Cry Pretty

Belgium (Vl) Album Charts
    56 (NEW) 1 Cry Pretty

Belgium (Wa) Album Charts
    111 (NEW) 1 Cry Pretty

All career peaks for her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ Awesome. nice to hear..... Slay Queen....
    rainbow1, oldyfan, _luvqry and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Pi314CA, rainbow1, mbh and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thank you for starting this thread, Pi! I will sticky it so it will be easier to find. I am just over the moon with her first week sales! I can't believe she pretty much matched what she sold for BA!

Would you mind updating the first post each week with the official sales numbers as long as we can find them? So, it would be 266k for the first week. Thanks.
    Pi314CA likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

New Carrie Fan
    I wonder what her world wide sales number are in total?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Thank you for starting this thread, Pi! I will sticky it so it will be easier to find. I am just over the moon with her first week sales! I can't believe she pretty much matched what she sold for BA!

Would you mind updating the first post each week with the official sales numbers as long as we can find them? So, it would be 266k for the first week. Thanks.
    Sure, will do. I update the first post with the Billboard article on her first week sales. Carrie continues to roll.
    Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by davistrn View Post
    I wonder what her world wide sales number are in total?
    We will know soon, but she will not crack 300k.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast