Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1598
Like Tree5125Likes

Thread: 'Love Wins' chart updates

Hil
    I loved Smoke Break. I have more of a problem with the timing in regards to the album era than I do the actual song (Southbound). I feel like after LW Carrie needs to come back strong both artistically and on the radio. Had Carrie released GOTS, backsliding for single two I would be more excited for Southbound. I would still want to release That Song, just because I'm in love with it, and I think it would do really well for summer, especially with people outside of country, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I loved Smoke Break. I have more of a problem with the timing in regards to the album era than I do the actual song (Southbound). I feel like after LW Carrie needs to come back strong both artistically and on the radio. Had Carrie released GOTS, backsliding for single two I would be more excited for Southbound. I would still want to release That Song, just because I'm in love with it, and I think it would do really well for summer, especially with people outside of country, but that's just me.
    Yes to all of this!! (Except the Smoke Break part lol).
    Hil likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I like Southbound and I think it would do well on radio. It's probably the most radio friendly for country radio. I don't think Southbound is the best song on the album, but it is a fun song that you can't help and sing along to. I think it would be good for non carrie fans too. I know most people who don't like Carrie because of her high notes and Southbound doesn't have any.

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Saying you think it would be a smash, is actually a much better way to say you think it will smash. Instead of saying it just will, with no fact to prove that. Sorry, but being skeptical when someone says something will happen with no evidence to back that up, is a valid reaction.

And to another post. If you, and Iíd say most of us agree, bro-country needs to go, why should Carrie and her team perpetuate the trend, and a trend that is starting to die out?

And help us all if Kingdom is released, because then the three weakest songs would have be the last three singles on the album.
    Iím going to refrain from talking about the whole quoting somebody because you clearly donít get my point. Itís almost laughable now.

I actually agree with you about Kingdom. The good thing is thatís my prediction about what might happen not what I Hope happens. Letís just watch and see.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    I definitely think Southbound should be the next single. It's fun, lighthearted, and it's the type of party song radio loves. I think it'd be perfect for summer. I seem to recall at the beginning of LW's chart run someone here tweeted a radio station and asked them why they weren't playing LW and they said it was because it was a more heavy song and radio prefers fun songs.

I also think Backsliding, GOTS, and Drinking Alone would make great singles. They're all really catchy, radio-friendly, and I cannot see any reason why they wouldn't do quite well.

So if we got any of these four, I'd be happy, but I really do think Southbound would be a fun choice next. Carrie hasn't had a fun song since SB (which was a big hit)
    Kill me now.
    Haha... bonus was used not as a ďwhoo-hooĒ, but as an ďadditionallyĒ. I wholeheartedly do not want Kingdom released. Iíve always wanted Spinning Bottles released though!
    Hil likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Kill me now.
    RIght?! "Love Wins" was already her feel good message song. Don't need another.
    Hil and quincyeyes like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    Iím going to refrain from talking about the whole quoting somebody because you clearly donít get my point. Itís almost laughable now.

I actually agree with you about Kingdom. The good thing is thatís my prediction about what might happen not what I Hope happens. Letís just watch and see.
    Alright, yeah, apparently we're both not understanding, so we'll drop that.

But, Kingdom, at least we agree, that it should not be released, lol! My theory (hope), is that LW was the inspiring type song, so that's already taken care of and we can get into the nitty gritty now.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Can someone explain the possible reasons that carrie's first two singles from cry pretty peaked at a much lower peak position on the country airplay chart (no9 and no11) compared to carrie's previous singles that all peaked not lower than no3? Is this related to her new record company ? Why?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie admirer View Post
    Can someone explain the possible reasons that carrie's first two singles from cry pretty peaked at a much lower peak position on the country airplay chart (no9 and no11) compared to carrie's previous singles that all peaked not lower than no3? Is this related to her new record company ? Why?
    UMG is an amazing label - they fight harder than any other label and never give up on songs; even when radio refuses to play them. So it's not the label. For some reason, CP and LW did not test or sell particularly well and radio refused to play them, perhaps for those reasons. Before, especially with Storyteller, Carrie's songs tested very well and also sold very well. CP/LW are heavy songs and the sales/testing isn't in Carrie's favor. But UMG is doing the best they can do with radio being annoying. They kept CP in the top 10 for 10 weeks, LW has been in the top 20 for four months, etc.
    Suellen and Hil like this.

Concert Stars
    Kingdom is not single material. I like it- but itís not right for radio. They better freakin release Da as the 4th single.
    Hil, CU4ever, Smokyiiis and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I agree with those who say if she performs SB or any other song tomorrow that it won't be a single. Similar to Spinning Bottles. If it was the single, I imagine it would be clearly stated with build up.
    CU4ever and mbh like this.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    I donít think Kingdom will be released. She has never released the final song on an album. I would love if itís on the tour somehow but it doesnít need to be a single.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugarcandyman View Post
    I donít think Kingdom will be released. She has never released the final song on an album. I would love if itís on the tour somehow but it doesnít need to be a single.
    False... Inside Your Heaven was released as her idol coronation song/single. Although, I know thatís not a proper single, or what you meant lol. I just had to write that. I do agree... I do not want Kingdom released.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    can we take single 3 talk, ACMs and general album talk to their respective threads please,thanks

still waiting on mediabase to update today

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Kingdom is not single material. I like it- but itís not right for radio. They better freakin release Da as the 3rd single.
    Fixed it, haha!
    Joey Orfino likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW remains at #11 (-23 spins/-.198 AIs)
    11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4891 4733 158 26.323

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just saw on Pulse that the label is off of LW now; the guy who posted it works at a radio station and got the announcement this morning. I'd assume this means that Southbound is in fact going to be single 3. It's been all but confirmed.
    CU4ever likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach1998 View Post
    Just saw on Pulse that the label is off of LW now; the guy who posted it works at a radio station and got the announcement this morning. I'd assume this means that Southbound is in fact going to be single 3. It's been all but confirmed.
    Letís goooooooo!!!

They could have pushed for a top 10 in Billboard when it was at #12 but no, not push at all, I guess all their efforts were for Luke Bryan's over the top push.

Waiting for them to finally realize that Carrie Underwood signed with them. Lol

Concert Stars
    Well, finally. I don't see what the point was in pushing it this long amount of time when it didn't end up making too much of a difference. They should have done a final push for top 10 weeks ago. Sigh.

At least the summer smash of 2019 is coming to save the era!

•  
    Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast