Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1598
Like Tree5125Likes

Thread: 'Love Wins' chart updates

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Thats how how I feel. At least put max spins ads out and do some radio interviews like CCUSA countdown. Itís like there is no big push or effort.

Thats whst frustrating the most.
    They didnít know it was going to collapse this week. If they donít do a big push to save it this week, then thatís bad.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

Now in the top 10, and especially with there being such a big gap between Carrie and the next climbing song, it would be awesome if we had a surge and a power up week this week.
    JoeOrfino, DoubleD777 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Follower
    So freaking happy. I was so scared for her top 10 strike. I still hope UMG will push Love Wins a little further one last week so we can move on to the third single.

Jordan Davis is falling too, so with a good push this week she could peak at #9 or #8 if the push is big enough.
    CU4ever and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Now that Love Wins is in the Top 10, I would not be surprised if Capitol pulls the plug on it. Jon Pardi's Night Shift will pass Carrie any time now, and maybe UMG Nashville will be unable to hold it back any longer.
    JoeOrfino likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Jordan Davis is falling too, so with a good push this week she could peak at #9 or #8 if the push is big enough.
    Exactly. If they do a big push this week they could get a #9-7 on mediabase and also top 10 on Billboard too

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Now in the top 10, and especially with there being such a big gap between Carrie and the next climbing song, it would be awesome if we had a surge and a power up week this week.
    Night Shift is right on LW's tail and will most likely pass it tomorrow.

It would be nice to see LW peak higher but what's the point.If you cant get it to at least top 5,and I don't see that happening,I think they should just let it go.Move on to single 3.
    hjj, rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Night Shift is right on LW's tail and will most likely pass it tomorrow.

It would be nice to see LW peak higher but what's the point.If you cant get it to at least top 5,and I don't see that happening,I think they should just let it go.Move on to single 3.
    But we know that labels can hold back a song to help other, I want the Billboard top 10 too.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    But we know that labels can hold back a song to help other, I want the Billboard top 10 too.
    good bet LW goes recurrent on Billboard tomorrow, and even if it didn't it'd take another month to get top 10
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think UMG Nashville has been holding back Jon Pardi's song for weeks already as it has been close to Love Wins for a long time. I don't think the label can push Love Wins any further as all the songs above Carrie aside from Take It From Me are too far away, and other songs are rapidly climbing while Love Wins has lost audience overall this week. As maddkat has indicated, Love Wins will 99% go recurrent tomorrow on Billboard.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    It's a matter of if they continue pushing. Even if LW goes recurrent tomorrow, if UMG were to continue pushing it or did a big push (and it worked) it would re-enter around where it was taken off or higher next week.

Concert Stars
    So do I. Boy have our standards and expectations lowered. Lol we used to fight for number1s. Now itís top tens. Whatís next? Hate to even think about it with this label and radioís anti women climate.
    simonplay likes this.

Concert Stars
    good bet LW goes recurrent on Billboard tomorrow, and even if it didn't it'd take another month to get top 10
    That is just sad.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW remains at #10 (+79 spins/+.110 AIs)
    10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4621 4504 117 27.717

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So do I. Boy have our standards and expectations lowered. Lol we used to fight for number1s. Now itís top tens. Whatís next? Hate to even think about it with this label and radioís anti women climate.
    Again, not the label. If the song didn't connect the label can only do so much. In fact they probably helped it get as high as it did. I mean, a song with a 22% negative call-out can only go so high, that's not the label's fault. You should hate to think what a lack of support would look like.

To me, it looks like this song was a misstep to release. It would have never been my choice as a single, but somebody obviously felt differently, and it was released, and the public didn't respond. Time to move on.
    Last edited by adam1995; 03-18-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Again, not the label. If the song didn't connect the label can only do so much. In fact they probably helped it get as high as it did. I mean, a song with a 22% negative call-out can only go so high, that's not the labels fault. You should hate to think what a lack of support would look like.

To me, it looks like this song was a misstep to release. It would have never been my choice as a single, but somebody obviously felt differently, and it was released, and the public didn't respond. Time to move on.

But what does that say about our public if they didn't respond to a song called Love Wins?
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    But what does that say about our public if they didn't respond to a song called Love Wins?
    A separate issue. But, I don't think just because a song is called "Love Wins" it automatically has to perform well. Personally, I think it is very vague (not that bro songs don't have similar, boring concepts), and I can understand why it didn't connect overall. Plus, the female aspect is in full force. There was a hard road for this song.
    Last edited by adam1995; 03-18-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    CU4ever likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    It says beer, girls shakin' it for 'em, pickup trucks but, mostly, something that sounds like everything else on country radio since everything sounds alike, anyway.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well, if a Top 10 on BB is not possible, I'm honestly ready to be done with LW. We only have a few weeks left until the ACM and I would love to see the third single released before then so that the show can help give it a boost on radio and iTunes. I know most people want DA and I do want it as a single at some point, but I'm also not going to be mad if That Song or Backsliding are released as the third single. I think we need something a little different for this one - a relationship based song, which those three kind of are, but in very different ways. I think Low or SpB are way too serious to be released right now. We need to save those after a couple of lighter singles with not so heavy subjects. Clearly the country audience doesn't handle deep subjects well anymore, as evidenced by CP and LW.
    rainbow1, JoeOrfino and teesharky like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    looking at LW chart history on Billboard looks like LW will not go recurrent on Billboard and reaches a new peak of 11.
    Quite possible they will stick with it this week to reach top 10 next week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast