Like Tree5125Likes

Thread: 'Love Wins' chart updates

Junior Carrie Follower
    Canada doesnít need a song to remind them that Love Wins 😂

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    Canada doesn’t need a song to remind them that Love Wins 

What a a nice thing to say about my country......but it wouldn’t hurt them to be more supportive .......and while Canada may not need the reminder what’s wrong with playing a song that rejoices in the message ‘Love Wins’ delivers.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Michael Bublť has won the Juno for Adult Contemporary Album of the Year, with an album called "Love" - released in a background saddened by the cancer diagnosis of his five year old son - so maybe Carrie's single lost a little of the impact by comparison, in that market.
    rainbow1, txacar and pgk like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW remains at #11 on mediabase (-10 spins/-.319 AIs)
    11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4542 4563 -21 27.607

it'll be very close but barring a surprise LW should move to #10 this afternoon with recurrents removed.
    And based on today's update it's looking like it'll be done.

'Beautiful Crazy' is #1 for a second week on mediabase and will be #1 for a 4th week on Billboard. Monster hit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thank you for the update. I hope Love Wins can make it to number 10. At least she would still have that streak going.

Who sings Beautiful Crazy since I don't listen to today's country music.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by angeliccarrie View Post
    Thank you for the update. I hope Love Wins can make it to number 10. At least she would still have that streak going.

Luke Combs
    rainbow1 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Woohoo! This is exciting!! Finally!!

Concert Stars
    Ugh her top ten streak on Billboard is broken. Hate wins again. So sick of this label not fighting harder for Carrie. Every chart accomplishment streak on radio is ending this era. Wow. Real nice job new label. Then add the acm and Grammy snubs to boot. Itís like they donít give a crap. Carrie is one of their biggest stars and they are not doing a damn thing.
    simonplay likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ this label fights plenty hard.if it didn't LW would have peaked well outside the top 10 weeks ago.
    Talk to radio and the people on callout who have a negative reaction to the song.
    rainbow1 and CU4ever like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This can not be done, they are not even going for max spins or something? I hope for an ad in country aircheck this week. I mean they didn't even care for a ONE day push to make sure it hit top 10.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ this label fights plenty hard.if it didn't LW would have peaked well outside the top 10 weeks ago.
    Talk to radio and the people on callout who have a negative reaction to the song.
    Can I ask, but what are they saying about Love Wins. I'm just trying to figure out why people didn't connect with it. I thought Love wins sounded like a breath of fresh air.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Can I ask, but what are they saying about Love Wins. I'm just trying to figure out why people didn't connect with it. I thought Love wins sounded like a breath of fresh air.
    They don't have to give reasons in the callout out poll.Just their reactions to songs.LW has a large negative reaction - 22.1%.
    rainbow1 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    They don't have to give reasons in the callout out poll.Just their reactions to songs.LW has a large negative reaction - 22.1%.
    Thanks. Wow, I'm pretty surprised by that. It must be how I feel about that song, "The Middle ".

You can hear Luke Combs singing it live, in England, recently, at a CMA songwriters' event

He may not have one of the technically best voices in the genre, but I think what many fans appreciate in him is his "no frills" sincerity and straightforward personal-leaning lyrics. He grew up in Asheville, NC, and I think just enough of the region's singer-songwriter and Mountain Music traditions influence his work in a way that can appeal to fans who are tired of some recent radio trends, without putting off those whose tastes are still Mainstream. This number is a heartfelt, believable relationship song, that includes both male and female perspectives. It leans neo-traditional - which, along with Pop Country, is one of the two directions currently making headway in the genre as replacements for the recent over-reliance on Bro Country party songs.

Luke is a Columbia (Sony) artist - so, along with Maren Morris, it seems the label is backing both those current trends. One of Sony's good points lies in giving its artists quite bit of leeway in the work they produce. That seems to have applied here. This song was only a bonus track - making it rather unusual as a single, but its radio release followed from concert success, streaming, and viral downloads. As it is, Luke (who is still on his first album) is said to be the first artist to get five Billboard airplay number ones with his first five singles. I think quite a bit of that success comes from spontaneous public appreciation, at a time when there was a market gap to be filled.

Concert Stars
    Luke played the Houston Rodeo on 3/6. Drew 71,000+. The entire staff of Merle Norman Salon went to see him. Lol, they were so excited I was afraid to look at my haircut when I got home.
    Last edited by txacar; 03-17-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Farawayhills and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    This can not be done, they are not even going for max spins or something? I hope for an ad in country aircheck this week. I mean they didn't even care for a ONE day push to make sure it hit top 10.

Thats how how I feel. At least put max spins ads out and do some radio interviews like CCUSA countdown. Itís like there is no big push or effort.

Thats whst frustrating the most.
    simonplay likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Charts aren't everything, especially in this day and age. Radio doesn't want to play women, so why even care about them? Plus, the top ten streak wasn't going to continue forever. She holds the record for the most consecutive top tens out of the gate, so at least appreciate that, geez.

Plus, saying "hate wins again" is way too extreme for Carrie not making the top ten. Dozens of people being murdered for no reason attending services or a concert or school, is hate, not a song stalling at #12, I mean come on.

She may still get the Mediabase Top 10, even if only briefly. And if she does, I think the label promotion team will count it as a win (though I understand that many fans will be disappointed). I would not underestimate the difficulties of sustaining a song that makes reference to gun violence in this format at this time. That reference may not be typical of most of the song - but it comes at the beginning, and is one of the slower, more distinct passages. That will be noticed by call-out audiences, and it may have had a negative impact on the reception by a very controversy-averse radio format (even if it wasn't the only factor). It was a brave choice, and deserves more credit - but the fact that only about 20% of this audience seem to have given it a negative reaction is something that I would also count as a small, but significant win.

As it was, Carrie was kept in contention as a radio presence, at a time when circumstances took her away from active promotion - and with a song that did her credit, with a positive message, and a stylistic character that appealed to many of her regular audience, without bringing in too many new musical challenges that might have required her to be more present in live performance to win over listeners.

It's virtually certain that there'll be a new release very soon, and probably a return to performance at the ACM. That one won't be a "holding exercise" and I think we can look forward to some real excitement.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Yayyyyyyyyy!!! She did it!!!!!!!
    JoeOrfino and Pi314CA like this.

•  
    Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast