Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1103
Like Tree3869Likes

Thread: 'Love Wins' chart updates

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Chris Stapleton is with Mercury, is #6, and has been on the chart 279 days. I wonder if UMG Nashville will try to push him to the top, then concentrate on Carrie (140 days).
    I was solely talking about Capitol Nashville. I know Capitol is under the UMG Nashville umbrella, but Capitol really should be focusing 100% on Love Wins after What Makes You Country Peaks.
    brenda218 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Avira View Post
    I was solely talking about Capitol Nashville. I know Capitol is under the UMG Nashville umbrella, but Capitol really should be focusing 100% on Love Wins after What Makes You Country Peaks.
    Yes, I realized you were talking about Capitol. I was just curious if UMG would allow the two labels to duke it out, or if they would intervene and allow Chris to move up since he is already #6, then throw all of their support behind Carrie.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW moves up 2 spots to #13 on Billboard airplay,and up 1 spot to #14 on HCS

LW remains at #13 (-54 spins/-.236 AIs)
    13 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4207 4243 -36 27.051

Canada: LW remains at #30 (+4/+.006)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Ok, maybe I’m panicking early, but this does not look good. Did UMG drop it?

New Carrie Fan
    Iím so worried too! I wonder what UMG is up to?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I think they're focusing on LB's song. If you look at the chart, KU also had a negative update. At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!!!!!

^ LB's song just gain 19 spins, and Keith's song negative updates are nothing new.. lol

I'm not even worried anymore, if Carrie decided sacrifice her radio success for artistic freedom... it is what it is.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    And it's not like they don't play Carrie. I've said this quite often, but I hear Carrie all the time just not the current single. I hear the current single about what's to be expected for where it is on the charts. But I hear Carrie lots just the old stuff.
    txacar, rainbow1 and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    And it's not like they don't play Carrie. I've said this quite often, but I hear Carrie all the time just not the current single. I hear the current single about what's to be expected for where it is on the charts. But I hear Carrie lots just the old stuff.
    That's true. Sometimes I feel as though we've gone back in time. They always play Carrie, but it's old Carrie, then an hour later old Taylor, then old Miranda. Actually, I like the old songs better, but it doesn't help LW get to top 10.
    rainbow1, Suellen and brenda218 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I still think Love Wins will peak soon after Luke Bryan's song peaks. These updates are bad for Love Wins, and with the callout numbers being so poor, I imagine that Love Wins doesn't have much life left in its chart run.

Concert Stars
    It just seems like they are doing nothing for LW. Perhaps they figured they didn't have to worry about Carrie at the moment and now it's really doing bad. Whatever is going on, they need to either actually start promoting it or move on. Hopefully single 3 will have better luck on the charts (which I think is a given)

Concert Stars
    For what it's worth, #14, Jon Pardi's Night Shift, is also on UMG and lost a large chunk of audience today and the rest of UMG is not so hot either.

So idk what is going on
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Radio for women sucks. I'll provide another reason why. Yesterday, I heard on the radio that the Grammys were big for Dan and Shay (Dan is from the Pittsburgh area, so there was a local factor), they mentioned them winning and the Grammys, but said absolutely nothing about Kacey Musgraves who became to first country artist in about a decade to win Album of the Year. A female country artist who wins music's biggest award isn't even mentioned on country radio, really just shows how they feel. The kicker is the announcer was a woman, go figure.
    txacar, rainbow1, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Country radio does suck..... Just terrible listening to it.... They play nothing but old music....... And really like Simon mentioned, if Carrie now is looking for artistic freedom with her music, I am quite content with that..... Carrie is and always will be played....

When it comes to Carrie, it boggles my mind that she continues to not see the most nominations at any award shows.... Her albums which IMO are nothing but stellar, never get their just reward or nominations...... I don't understand that.. It goes to the good ole boys who IMO are terrible singers, with the exception of a few....

Her music blows other artists out of the freaking water..... Even her in your face stellar vocal performances simply cannot be denied...... Kacey Musgraves may have one the biggest award but yet her music is not even on the charts...... Go figure...... Even Maren Morris who was up for what 4 Grammy's went home empty handed...... Awards are just that and award, but Carrie is now a staple in not only Country Music, but every facet of the industry.......
    CU4ever, txacar, Gator and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Country radio does suck..... Just terrible listening to it.... They play nothing but old music....... And really like Simon mentioned, if Carrie now is looking for artistic freedom with her music, I am quite content with that..... Carrie is and always will be played....

When it comes to Carrie, it boggles my mind that she continues to not see the most nominations at any award shows.... Her albums which IMO are nothing but stellar, never get their just reward or nominations...... I don't understand that.. It goes to the good ole boys who IMO are terrible singers, with the exception of a few....

Her music blows other artists out of the freaking water..... Even her in your face stellar vocal performances simply cannot be denied...... Kacey Musgraves may have one the biggest award but yet her music is not even on the charts...... Go figure...... Even Maren Morris who was up for what 4 Grammy's went home empty handed...... Awards are just that and award, but Carrie is now a staple in not only Country Music, but every facet of the industry.......
    SPOT ON.

And then there's many other factors like how she had the best selling country album last year in years, best selling female album of 2018, etc etc. Country radio should be begging to play Carrie. They are lucky enough to be given this crown jewel of the music business, and to have this amazing artist on their playlists, and they won't play her music, it's just horrible. They don't realize how special and lucky they are to have Carrie.

Concert Stars
    All I can rationalize it with, is they are going to tear it up, with her when she comes out!!
    txacar, oldyfan and sd20 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW remains at #13 (+25 spins/+.084 AIs)
    13 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4232 4267 -35 27.135

Canada: LW remains at #30 (+8/+.009)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think I’m just ready for a new single! I really hope she does something exciting, since the tour is starting soon. I love Love Wins, but it really wasn’t the best choice for a single, however, like everyone else, I will continue to support until it’s done
    txacar, Suellen, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    I sure don't understand grammys, wonder why anyone would choose and never see them on any chart. I did not watch one minute.
    Suellen likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda218 View Post
    I sure don't understand grammys, wonder why anyone would choose and never see them on any chart. I did not watch one minute.
    I assume you are referring to Kacey winning? The Grammys are supposed to be able quality not solely radio play. You don't have to agree with the Grammys, but they aren't bound to chart positions with their winners.

•  
    Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast