Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Like Tree5125Likes

Thread: 'Love Wins' chart updates

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well, it isn't that they aren't playing Carrie because as I've said before, they play ALOT of her prior singles. It is perplexing and dare I say it, frustrating because LW really does sound amazing on radio. And its message is one that we desperately need to hear and take to heart.

I'm going to be patient and hopeful!!!!
    mbh, CrazyAboutCarrie and Hil like this.

Junior Carrie Follower Patkid26's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Heard Church Bells on the radio this weekend. But still have yet to hear LW. Come on country radio, the Storyteller era was great and everything, but time to move on and play the new song!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW moves to #38 (+20 spins/+.066 AIs)
    38 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 1042 946 96 5.463

Canada:LW remains at #48(-3/+.009)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Patkid26 View Post
    Heard Church Bells on the radio this weekend. But still have yet to hear LW. Come on country radio, the Storyteller era was great and everything, but time to move on and play the new song!!

I drive 45 minutes both ways to work daily and have yet to hear it played on radio. And I even request it! Sad! So tired of hearing all these men all day long with the very lonely female thrown in once or twice in an entire 45 minutes.

Concert Stars
    I haven’t heard LW yet even on Sirius - except when they debuted the album.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I have been requesting it on local stations (I can tune in 4 on my radio). Also requesting with the stations listed on the voting section of this forum and the night programs. Yeah... not hearing it either.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW drops to #39 (+5 spins/+.040 AIs)
    39 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 1047 960 87 5.503

Canada:LW remains at #48 (+1/+.025)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This really is stunning. How long does the label let it sit and meander like this? This is the most important time for an album to sell and she needs a single on radio to help push this.

Why is country radio so against playing this?
    teesharky and Hil like this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    This really is stunning. How long does the label let it sit and meander like this? This is the most important time for an album to sell and she needs a single on radio to help push this.

Why is country radio so against playing this?

This has probably already been mentioned, so I apologize for the repetition but I think that they (radio & record label) have put Carrie on helicopter mode, to accommodate the fact that Carrie is going to be out of action for an extended period of time. And I think that the song will climb (more?) vigorously during her extended leave. And, it eliminates the need for yet another release (which Carrie wouldn’t be able to promote) at this time.
    I think things will really start normalizing post baby Underwood’s arrival.
    rainbow1, DaisyTweets and mbh like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    This has probably already been mentioned, so I apologize for the repetition but I think that they (radio & record label) have put Carrie on helicopter mode, to accommodate the fact that Carrie is going to be out of action for an extended period of time. And I think that the song will climb (more?) vigorously during her extended leave. And, it eliminates the need for yet another release (which Carrie wouldn’t be able to promote) at this time.
    While at work the other night, this is what I decided as well. I said out loud to the world, why aren't they playing LW but yet I'm hearing Carrie all the time?? The conclusion I came to is that the label is just sorta waiting -- waiting till the baby comes and Carrie is closer to being able to promote.

As I've said many times, it isn't because Carrie isn't getting played. I hear her prior singles a TON. I hear Carrie almost more than anyone else. I'm just not hearing LW right now. I truly believe that LW is going to be a hit. A #1 hit because that's what it deserves.
    pgk, rainbow1 and mbh like this.

Junior Carrie Follower Patkid26's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    While at work the other night, this is what I decided as well. I said out loud to the world, why aren't they playing LW but yet I'm hearing Carrie all the time?? The conclusion I came to is that the label is just sorta waiting -- waiting till the baby comes and Carrie is closer to being able to promote.

As I've said many times, it isn't because Carrie isn't getting played. I hear her prior singles a TON. I hear Carrie almost more than anyone else. I'm just not hearing LW right now. I truly believe that LW is going to be a hit. A #1 hit because that's what it deserves.
    Ok these give me hope and a new insight lol. Fingers crossed that this is the case. LW deserves SO much recognition.
    rainbow1, mbh, Hil and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    This is what I said, several pages back. That they are taking a pause, until Carrie is ready to roll!!
    mbh, pgk and Hil like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes but this “pause” is hurting her momentum and sales. The promo is all done except for the CMAs. She already released the video. The baby has nothing to do with radio not playing the song. Otherwise that’s a Bit sexist isn’t it?

There is no more promo for Carrie to do on this song except sing it at the CMAs. She has already released the video and performed it several times on major talk shows. It makes no sense for Carrie to wait until she is back in action in the spring to suddenly promote a 6 month old song that will be dead in the water by then.

What more promo is there to do for this song? None. And by spring people will be sick to death of LW. Album sales will be sluggish as there is no new song on the radio. Kind of like what is happening now. Why waste more promo $$$ on a song that old to promote it again in the spring? Waste of resources.

There has to be a different explanation for what is happening to LW. UMG is better than this. They would t scrap a whole era to wait fir spring to promote a stale 6 month old song that has already been promoted. That makes no sense from a financial perspective. They must know that what is happening omg to LW is putting a damper on what started off as a great era. Sales and momentum
    are fading every day this torture continues. It’s like the era is over before it really began.

Surely UMG would not sabotage everything by cutting off the era so early just because Carrie is pregnant. She already fully promoted LW. The CMAs will likely be the big performance. Then they need to move on or push hard fir a top ten hit and move on to a new single in February after the baby is born.
    Last edited by teesharky; 10-18-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Insane Carrie Fan
    That doesn't make sense though... because there's no reason to NOT want a song to scale up especially when Carrie is out of the spotlight later due to pregnancy...Even if this song had the regular window that Carrie's songs usually fly at- there's usually some down time before next single is put out anyways.

Something In The Water flew up the charts while she was pregnant. I don't think this has to do with her pregnancy at all or them WANTING her song to remain stagnant.
    Hil, rainbow1, teesharky and 2 others like this.

Hil
    It usually takes about 4 months or so for a song to peak so hopefully it will start moving in November. She should be ready for a new single by March or so. Would give her plenty of time to be ready (physically) for a new video.
    rainbow1, teesharky, pgk and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    That doesn't make sense though... because there's no reason to NOT want a song to scale up especially when Carrie is out of the spotlight later due to pregnancy...Even if this song had the regular window that Carrie's songs usually fly at- there's usually some down time before next single is put out anyways.

Something In The Water flew up the charts while she was pregnant. I don't think this has to do with her pregnancy at all or them WANTING her song to remain stagnant.
    I agree. This time of her physical absence is if anything the time for her to be visible "passively" on radio.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    What more promo is there to do for this song?
    Time to post all PDs an invitation to witness in person the Birth of the Second Underwood-Fisher Child in lieu of a ticket giveaway!
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Time to post all PDs an invitation to witness in person the Birth of the Second Underwood-Fisher Child in lieu of a ticket giveaway!

Lol. Classic.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Maybe Sony is paying radio not to play Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by angeliccarrie View Post
    Maybe Sony is paying radio not to play Carrie.
    Maybe Sony was paying (non monetary) radio to keep pushing for no.1 streak. We all have seen how songs always have a gigantic artificial push and we tend to complain if that happens to other artists' songs.

Perhaps UMG and Carrie don't want to play that same game anymore. And this is the more normal slow climb and real public reaction to the song we are seeing. After all, it's not like Love Wins is burning up digital sales chart... so this is rather reflective of that, unfortunately.

/unpopular opinion
    adam1995 and clh_hilary like this.

•  
    Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast