Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Like Tree5125Likes

Thread: 'Love Wins' chart updates

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    A lot of radio stations down south where the hurricane hit are "off the air" for the time being (I believe some stations down there are Country Idk).

I got this from allaccess.com
    txacar, rainbow1 and Josh like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Well there is no panic, it is unusual to see a Carrie son in the 40-50s very long. She seem to languish around the 10 mark, imo.
    The beginnings were there.

Concert Stars
    I heard it at radio for the first time last night. So happy. I feel the same way I have in the past when she has put out pop leaning songs (though this is not pop leaning its pure pop), there are sooooo many different styles of pop at country radio right now it barely sounds like a country station anymore anyway. So Carrie "should" not be called out or halted just because of a pop song.
    The song sounded great and I was happy to hear it this early on. Usually a Carrie song has to hit the top 30 before I hear it. So that was nice....

Concert Stars
    I will say I have a very different attitude about country radio right now. With Carries great debut and the call-out numbers for CP being steady to strong it is clear that radio decided that CP was not going to get the full "Lead Single" treatment by one of the biggest and most relevant names in the entire industry. That is pretty shocking and "unnerving". Much like the Dixie Chicks era, you suddenly become aware that country music industry is a well oiled machine that does what it wants and feeds the peasants what it wants without question or response. It will be interesting to watch LW climb because it will be shrouded in suspision and controversy almost throughout just because of the massive difference between radios relationship with Carrie in the past and present. And how glaring it was when you saw it play out in the results of the publics opinion of Carrie and her music and radios opinion. Vastly different!
    I love this album so much. I am happy just playing it to work and back. But as a fan of Carrie and understanding that longevity in country music means "radio play" I am always forced to stay in that relationship with radio even though I have constantly insulted by its clear sexism and the hypocrisy of "Christian Faith" that it shows on a daily basis. I will keep my fingers firmly crossed for this single to have a great run, but at this point I trust radio about as much as if I was a woman at a "He-Man Woman Haters Club" meeting!
    pgk, Hil, teesharky and 3 others like this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Well there is no panic, it is unusual to see a Carrie son in the 40-50s very long. She seem to languish around the 10 mark, imo.
    You're not allowed to have a conversation in this thread unless it's labeled "panic." I'm scared to even ask questions. LOL
    hjj, Smokyiiis, CU4ever and 8 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I say Panic if you want to. There is no shame in my game!
    hjj, opry051008, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    You're not allowed to have a conversation in this thread unless it's labeled "panic." I'm scared to even ask questions. LOL
    Don't be scared to ask questions! You've been here since the start and should be able to freely voice your concern without being put down for it. I see no shame is questioning stuff or pointing out how different this charting has been so far. Usually the "panic" is in the top 5.... not in the top 50. It's been a bit odd.

I wonder if it really was Carrie's comment about radio not playing woman that's pointed to this happening. Her singles always flew up the chart. It's so weird.
    hjj likes this.

Maybe "Love Wins" is not pop enough for today's "country" radio.

Concert Stars
    I am very afraid that there has been a significant shift. Carrie's comments that called out radio for their double standard with women came after her triumphant ACMs performance and "Cry Pretty" was enthusiastically added by radio. The shift seemed to happen as the song neared the Top 10 and she was suddenly passed by several of the songs behind her when it seemed logical that she would go into higher rotation as the album release date neared. I suspect that the label did act to counter the shift, investing resources that normally would have launched the song to #1 into keeping it afloat instead. If that is true, and if Love Wins is receiving a lukewarm response, then we have a reason to be deeply concerned. I would hope that the label is ready to try a strategy to correct, or at least partially reverse, any of the damage that may have been done to professional relationships. The fact is this: we need radio (even if we don't like it) because we have such a limited reach with streaming. Until we can increase the streaming, radio is especially critical to reaching the masses.

I promise that this is not panic - just concern. I know we all want what is best for Carrie - always.
    hjj, txacar, teesharky and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Maybe "Love Wins" is not pop enough for today's "country" radio.
    lol. Actually EUWY, one of the most pop songs on CP would fit right in to what is being played on country radio right now.

Carrie Guru
    ^^ I've accepted that this era may not be as successful with radio singles as other eras. But if that was Carrie's main concern she would have stayed with her old label, so I can live with whatever happens with chart position, even if I don't like it or think it's fair.

What concerns me more is that the singles CP and LW have totally dropped off the top 100 of the iTunes charts.
    Hil and rainbow1 like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    As I have been streaming Cp album, such a good album, there is no reason CP did not make it to the penthouse, imo. Maybe a radio edit would have helped. Hopefully LW will pick up soon.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^ I've accepted that this era may not be as successful with radio singles as other eras. But if that was Carrie's main concern she would have stayed with her old label, so I can live with whatever happens with chart position, even if I don't like it or think it's fair.

What concerns me more is that the singles CP and LW have totally dropped off the top 100 of the iTunes charts.
    LW is at 38 on country iTunes. I wonder if sales will pick up with more airplay.

Didn't Carrie make the statement about women and country radio after CP had already peaked?
    opry051008, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower kiwigirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I am very afraid that there has been a significant shift. Carrie's comments that called out radio for their double standard with women came after her triumphant ACMs performance and "Cry Pretty" was enthusiastically added by radio. The shift seemed to happen as the song neared the Top 10 and she was suddenly passed by several of the songs behind her when it seemed logical that she would go into higher rotation as the album release date neared. I suspect that the label did act to counter the shift, investing resources that normally would have launched the song to #1 into keeping it afloat instead. If that is true, and if Love Wins is receiving a lukewarm response, then we have a reason to be deeply concerned. I would hope that the label is ready to try a strategy to correct, or at least partially reverse, any of the damage that may have been done to professional relationships. The fact is this: we need radio (even if we don't like it) because we have such a limited reach with streaming. Until we can increase the streaming, radio is especially critical to reaching the masses.

I promise that this is not panic - just concern. I know we all want what is best for Carrie - always.
    I read a couple of posts on this article that I thought were quite interesting and make some valid points

Article: https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/d...th-cry-pretty/

Post One:
    Corporate radio controls the labels.

Corporate radio takes this data about who their listeners are demographicallyĖletís say, for the sake of this example, 40-something white women that havenít grown up and want to be forever 21. Corporate radio then takes this data to the labels/publishers and says ďThis is our audience. We want songs that cater to this audience.
    The labels/publishers then look for songs with this data in mind and take those songs to corporate radio who then accept it or reject it.
    Requesting songs to local stations owned by Clear Channel or Cumulus is a waste of time because every station owned by these companies abide by the same 12-song playlist by a radio programmer in Polygamy, Utah with zero familiarity with the genre. Sure, you may get to hear what you want if you request a song to an independent radio station thatís not owned by these two corporations but it doesnít matter because the Billboard Hot 100 Country Songs & Country Airplay charts are determined by spins on Clear Channel and Cumulus-owned radio stations.

Post Two:
    One of the main things PDs rely on is call out scores. Cry Pretty even though itís a Carrie song struggled. The song stalled early and had to be revived by her label a second time.

Everybody says they donít listen to radio they stream female country artists. Streaming data argues against that. Women get blamed for only wanting to listen to male artists because they find them hot but women listen to female artists on streaming platforms more than male listeners. What are menís excuses? The sad reality is that women just arenít that popular in country radio/sales/streaming. Look at streaming/digital sales charts women are very scarce when consumers decide. Carrie is the only woman who can compete and beat out the men.

Post Three:
    Country radio looks at how the audience responds to songs, call outs and Iím sure they pay attention to streaming numbers.

You canít blame it on country radio when consumers donít buy or stream female country artists at the same rate as male artists. You could argue that by playing more female artists they could give them a greater exposure but would that be to their detriment? Same with the completely rigged country award shows. The industry is basically telling consumers there are only 2 or 3 women who make good music donít bother with the rest.

Post Four:
    Country radio today is no different than top 40 radio or any other for profit commercial genre, they want to maximum ratings for ad buys. Cougar women listen to country radio and they want to hear the guys. They can find all the women they want screaming at the top of their lungs ďI want to hear women!Ē But the research shows that to not be true with the overall masses. You dip all country radio listeners in truth syrup, and youíll discover that the cougar women want to hear the guys. That is the main reason country radio has about a 7:1 ratio of guys songs to gal songs on radio. They are doing it to maximize ratings for ad buys. Itís all about the business dollar. For the listeners who do want to hear women, it drives them away from country radio even more, which is exactly what the PDs want, because it drives that small segment of the audience away, and allows them to focus on continuing to pour on the lettuce in the bowl of salad.

I actually have to agree with that last one as I work in IT with links to advertising and it is very much a consumerism driven platform nowadays. It's all about selling airtime to an advertiser cause that's how they make the big money. They get told what demographics they have to hit so they will play music that's going to get the advertiser the best reach for that demographic, it's all about the money. It's sad that radio has gone down that path but that is unfortunately the world we live in - we now live in a society driven by consumerism that has seen the commercialization of human emotions and a culture of instant gratification emerge. So what's the answer? Unfortunately given the current state and it only getting worse, unless woman want to change the music they make to suit the demographics being targeted so radio will play them they will continue to be left out. All we can do is hope there is a shift in the demographics being targeted that would see a change in what's popular and what they want to listen to so all these talented ladies get a fair go and get to be heard. Or radio stops being a vehicle of consumerism and goes back to being about the music.
    txacar, teesharky, mbh and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    LW is at 38 on country iTunes. I wonder if sales will pick up with more airplay.

Didn't Carrie make the statement about women and country radio after CP had already peaked?
    Sorry, I meant, top 100 all genre.
    Hil likes this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Sorry, I meant, top 100 all genre.
    I know, sorry, I was just posting where she was at country.

I can't accept this album won't be successful at radio when she has so many songs that are potential hits. Almost all of them could be singles.

Concert Stars
    This is depressing. By now Carrie is usually in the top 30. I have a really bad feeling that radio is blacklisting Carrie for her support of women and comments. ThUs essentially proves the point Carrie was making: they are jackasses.

There is no market research out there to support blacklisting Carrie and she just outsold all their precious men! Carrie is the genre’s biggest star and if this is how they treat her we need to do something to call attention to this!

Clearly people want to hear Carrie on the radio or she would not have outsold their beloved men!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^There is no evidence to support that claim at all.
    LW has only been out 15 days.It's doing fine.
    Hil, CU4ever, DaisyTweets and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    LW moves up 2 spots to #47 (+30 spins/+.188 AIs)
    47 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 649 453 196 4.04

Canada:LW moves to #47 (+42/+.105)(2 day totals)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    LW moves up 2 spots to #47 (+30 spins/+.188 AIs)
    47 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 649 453 196 4.04

Canada:LW moves to #47 (+42/+.105)(2 day totals)
    Oh no, itís only moved two spots.... everybody knows she is being banned if she doesnít move up at least five each day (sarcasm).

P.S.
    Iím not making fun of anybody itís all in good fun.
    Last edited by FanSince04; 09-27-2018 at 06:15 AM.

•  
    Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast