Thread: 'Cry Pretty' chart updates

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ WUSN is still playing CP - 31 times the last week

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ WUSN is still playing CP - 31 times the last week
    That's good to know. Huge audience there. Thanks.
    maddkat likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Tee said it was pulled from the Chicago last week.

We haven't been able to use the mediabase request links for a couple of weeks now. I think that hurts. I still get response every time I request using the radio equest links, but all of the stations are not there. We need to find a way to drown them in requests like we did in the old days when the DJs complained about us with every new song.
    I live 50 minutes from Chicago and so definitely hear CP being played by 95.5 and 99.5. Not all of the stations have pulled it.
    mbh, teesharky, txacar and 1 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    +238 spins for Luke!! That is insane!! .
    It is good for Cry Pretty so that Luke can go number one next week and start falling down when the BIG push for CP starts on the week of August 19th - August 25th.

Concert Stars
    ^ oh good. I read on twitter that WUSN had stopped playing CP so
    I panicked. Glad that is not true. Still - they havent put it in high rotation yet.
    Hil, mbh and txacar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    It is good for Cry Pretty so that Luke can go number one next week and start falling down when the BIG push for CP starts on the week of August 19th - August 25th.
    Luke will be #1 in 3 or 4 weeks, Aldean and Rhett are ahead of him and Brett maybe get two weeks at #1.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Luke will be #1 in 3 or 4 weeks, Aldean and Rhett are ahead of him and Brett maybe get two weeks at #1.
    I have never seen a FOURTH single like Brett Young's single got two weeks number one. But, I had seen many times a huge increase similar to Luke Bryan and overtakes several people and SHOOT to the TOP.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    this weeks callout 68.5 pos/16.8 neg,7.7 heavy burn

CP is passed by 'Hotel Key' ,drops to #10 (-7/+.139)
    10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Cry Pretty 5666 5615 51 31.938

Canada:CP drops to #9 (-13/-.023)
    DaisyTweets, mbh, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower
    this weeks callout 68.5 pos/16.8 neg,7.7 heavy burn

CP is passed by 'Hotel Key' ,drops to #10 (-7/+.139)
    10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Cry Pretty 5666 5615 51 31.938

Canada:CP drops to #9 (-13/-.023)
    Omg! I have no words, at least not that i can say.
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    CP is passed by 'Hooked ' and drops to #11 (-37/-.155)
    11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Cry Pretty 5629 5644 -15 31.783

CP will move back to #10 this afternoon with recurrents removed

Canada: CP moves up a spot to #8 (no change/+.020)
    DaisyTweets, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I asked this guy who is a country music chart insider if he think her label is pushing CP next week and replied...

Christopher Baggs
    @FiddleSabre
    Respondiendo a @simontorales
    Carrie’s push week likely won’t come until August 19th-26th. She’s co-hosting CCUSA the weekend of Aug 18-19 and the week following is when a label usually max pushes their song. It gets extra spins benefit from the countdown when she co-hosts it with Lon Helton
    Before you get frustrated, you have to wait for this week.

Concert Stars
    Even a push at this point will be nothing more than a manipulated move for a one week hail mary. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a strategy but as so many songs are floating right past it while it hangs in at 10 makes it appear that radio is basically done with it and just letting it hold on for that one week push when ever that comes. Sad. Again, for me, even if it does get manipulated quickly and then drops like a rock I am not very happy with this whole single cycle. We know radio supports Carrie so why this happened this way is hard to gauge unless you accept that audiences just didn't like it. but the call out numbers show it in the same catagory as most songs that are reaching #1 so it seems to all point to the label. And its stronger commitment to the men over Carrie. I can see nothing else to point to.
    Unless we ask ourselves, did the label really want this as a 1st single? Or did Carrie want it and so the label only softly supported it. Either way, it does not show as a strong vow of support under this new label.

For me I am ready to move on to the new single. And start to settle for the fact that Carrie is going to spend the next year supporting and focusing on bringing a child into the world. That one factor is going to show that this album cycle is going to be very different this time...
    (I am back to wanting a Christmas Album! ha ha ha ha)
    Avira and Josh like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    from country aircheck

So what happened to this??? I guess went to Luke instead.......

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Even a push at this point will be nothing more than a manipulated move for a one week hail mary. I was waiting to see if there was going to be a strategy but as so many songs are floating right past it while it hangs in at 10 makes it appear that radio is basically done with it and just letting it hold on for that one week push when ever that comes. Sad. Again, for me, even if it does get manipulated quickly and then drops like a rock I am not very happy with this whole single cycle. We know radio supports Carrie so why this happened this way is hard to gauge unless you accept that audiences just didn't like it. but the call out numbers show it in the same catagory as most songs that are reaching #1 so it seems to all point to the label. And its stronger commitment to the men over Carrie. I can see nothing else to point to.
    Unless we ask ourselves, did the label really want this as a 1st single? Or did Carrie want it and so the label only softly supported it. Either way, it does not show as a strong vow of support under this new label.

For me I am ready to move on to the new single. And start to settle for the fact that Carrie is going to spend the next year supporting and focusing on bringing a child into the world. That one factor is going to show that this album cycle is going to be very different this time...
    (I am back to wanting a Christmas Album! ha ha ha ha)
    Which should have been done when she first got to #8 and her supposedly first week for CCUSA before it was changed... ..... IMO their strategy if they even had one failed....... But no need to go on any longer, like you I am sooo ready for the next single.....

Hopefully CP will do well with the Grammy's......
    pklongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    So what happened to this??? I guess went to Luke instead.......
    radio programmers saw those stats were for women and just laughed as they boosted Luke's spins by 1100 this week.Country radio really doesn't like music by/for women.At all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Make me sick. What they'll do for these guys makes me not want to listen to radio at all.
    rainbow1, teesharky and txacar like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^^ I don't for the most part.... I listen to most of my CD's while in the car...... Funny though last night I was in the car and was switching my CD's and BHC was playing, I was like Hello what about CP...

Just sad that Radio is like it is when it comes to women...... At least their music is far superior then the men......
    rainbow1, txacar and ethelu like this.

New Carrie Fan
    I kind of felt it was "holding on" since the two main Cincinnati stations have stopped playing it. WUBE-105.1 for two weeks and WNNF-94.1 for one week now
    txacar likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I LOL to myself at work this morning, LB's song came on and the line sunrise sunburn sunset REPEAT just stuck out to me!!!! What made me LOL was the thought pop into my head that most of his songs are just a 'repeat' of one another!!!! And they're all not very good at all!!!! I said the other day that he basically got famous because he gyrated his hips. It certainly wasn't because his songs are all that great and he doesn't have a particularly good voice. I know I could never listen to a whole LB cd.

I'm disappointed to see that UMG has appeared to push for all of KU's spins to go to LB. It's such a shame!!!!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    Before you get frustrated, you have to wait for this week.
    We have been waiting and waiting for weeks to see what the record label's plans are. I think by as many songs that have passed Cry Pretty, it is pretty obvious their main focus is on the men under their label. They should have done everything they could have to get her first song "under their label" to number one, the first song off her new album. Luke should never have passed her, and not Hotel Key or Hooked. We might have a rude awakening with this record label. I sure hope not.
    teesharky likes this.

•