Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2070
Like Tree6545Likes

Thread: 'Cry Pretty' chart updates

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Is it wrong to hope that baby news will help promote CP!? ha ha ha ha......
    I kinda thought that's what UMG was hoping for.
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

Cry Pretty up to #54 (+3)
    txacar, DaisyTweets, mbh and 6 others like this.

Cry Pretty up to #52 (+2)

Huge Carrie Follower
    Now if only the radio stations would play it! Heard Carrie on two different stations going to work this morning, after talking about baby and tour news. Before He Cheats and Wasted afterwards. Heard a radio station on the way home from work talking about tour tickets...Don't forget to Remember Me. I get so mad i turn the radio to the Oldies Station. LOL
    txacar, Suellen, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCarrie View Post
    Now if only the radio stations would play it! Heard Carrie on two different stations going to work this morning, after talking about baby and tour news. Before He Cheats and Wasted afterwards. Heard a radio station on the way home from work talking about tour tickets...Don't forget to Remember Me. I get so mad i turn the radio to the Oldies Station. LOL
    I for one would be in heaven if I heard DFTRM on the radio!! lol
    txacar and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    These updates are ridiculous. So much for the label focusing on Carrie now after Keith peaked. Not impressed.
    oldyfan likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Someone on Pulse suspects that Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset will be a multi-week #1. I hope he is wrong.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Oh my. I really do like Luke as a person and I have liked some of his songs in the past, but that song just doesn't deserve to be #1.
    oldyfan and Smokyiiis like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Oh my. I really do like Luke as a person and I have liked some of his songs in the past, but that song just doesn't deserve to be #1.
    i hate to be the odd one out, but... I kind of like this song. I usually hate him, but how his voice is at times and the feel sounds like summer.

Huge Carrie Follower NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Agree about Luke Bryan. His music is catchy but his latest songs have been to repetitive, but I actually do like this song. I do not think it deserves a multi-week stay at the top of the charts though.

In regards to streaming. IM GLAD SOMEONE FINALLY IS AGREEING WITH ME!!! I miss the days where I would come check this site every Tuesday and see that GG or BA had sold another 60k copies in a week and that we could crack the top 20 on the hot 100 but those days are over. I understand that not everyone will be aboard the streaming train, but the cold hard truth is that 95% of the population below thirty haven't bought an album in years. I personally don't know of anyone who has since before 2010. I've bought BA, ST, Adele and Taylor. Streaming is the way for hart success in this new modern era and it is an area that Carrie has been lacking in! I will but the new album as I have in the past, but I never listen to my bought copy. I only use Spotify to stream the album so the numbers go up. This is definetly what we need to focus on.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    To me the words are the same in every song....sorry Luke! Love your persona but not getting it with the love for your music. The same three chords in every single song get on my nerves.
    DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    CP passes the plummeting CH( -819 spins today) to move to #9 (+76/+.001)
    9 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Cry Pretty 5673 5608 65 31.799

Canada:CP remains at #8 (-8/-.021)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    To me the words are the same in every song....sorry Luke! Love your persona but not getting it with the love for your music. The same three chords in every single song get on my nerves.
    This is exactly what I was saying to myself this morning at work!!! He's basically gotten where he is by gyrating his hips -- much like Elvis!!!!! He doesn't have one 'hit' that is legend making. His claim to fame is moving his hips and being a pioneer of the awful bro country era. Thankfully, that era seems to be coming to an end!!!! While it was a relatively short era, I wish it hadn't happened at all.

ETA: How ridiculous is this -- LB's song has the most gains in the top 10!!!! Looking more and more like UMG is wanting that to get to #1 before they turn their attention to CP!!!
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

New Carrie Fan
    The song has been pulled from the playlist from both WUBE-105.1 and WNNF-94.1 here in Cincinnati

Concert Stars
    ^^Ugh, I need an angry emoji! How does the label explain this? Pulled from playlists? Good grief.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Their explanation is that she is Carrie and he is Luke..the men get preference every time.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ sadly that’s true. It’s ridiculous though. He could wait his turn a few weeks. He’s getting no1 either way so...
    rainbow1 likes this.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    THANK GOD we finally have some type of ad! Geez Sony did a lot more of these for the Storyteller singles thats for sure. Maybe more are to come for CP.

So with this sign of a push happening, I think CP can at least make Top 5. As long as CP continues gaining spins this week and holds off FGL, it will finish the week at #7 as Kenny will go recurrent and Keith is expected to drop all the way out of the top 10 on the building chart so far! Then next week Brett Young and Chris Lane will start falling (chris lane is going for max spins this week while Brett will have a second and final week at #1). So by the time Carrie does CCUSA Aug 18-19 she should be at #5, unless they have a massive week next week and she can pass a song or two. Whether they continue pushing CP after CCUSA I have no clue. I say settle for top 5 and release the second single ASAP based on CP's low sales and streaming numbers, but obviously I wouldn't be upset if they do gun it out and reach #1 in September.
    OK, this prediction seems perfect except that CP did not continue gaining for two days but gained spins on today's update. So, Kenny will go recurrent and Keith will drop all the way out of the top 10. Then next week Brett Young and Chris Lane will start falling. Still looking good for CP. Still waiting if CP can hold off FGL, though.

+238 spins for Luke!! That is insane!! And Old Dominion is coming for Cry Pretty, they could pass her any day now.
    mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    ^^Ugh, I need an angry emoji! How does the label explain this? Pulled from playlists? Good grief.
    Tee said it was pulled from the Chicago last week.

We haven't been able to use the mediabase request links for a couple of weeks now. I think that hurts. I still get response every time I request using the radio equest links, but all of the stations are not there. We need to find a way to drown them in requests like we did in the old days when the DJs complained about us with every new song.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

•  
    Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast