Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 65 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2361
Like Tree7513Likes

Thread: 'Cry Pretty' chart updates

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I wish the updates would pick up a bit. But clearly UNG is not making their move yet. Any UMG artists ahead of Carrie still?
    still Keith ,who isn't getting much of a push either
    rainbow1, DaisyTweets, Hil and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like UMG is on vacation too... lol

Concert Stars
    Hope these updates pick up so we can stay ahead of the pack.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Carrie isn't near enough to the top to warrant a push right now. I would think that they'd let it go up naturally to the top 3-ish and then push, for an almost guaranteed #1.

Keith's push is probably coming very soon, but if it's still gaining naturally, why push too soon, possibly?
    txacar, PRGuy79 and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Carrie isn't near enough to the top to warrant a push right now. I would think that they'd let it go up naturally to the top 3-ish and then push, for an almost guaranteed #1.

Keith's push is probably coming very soon, but if it's still gaining naturally, why push too soon, possibly?
    One reason to at least give CP a bit of a push to get converted to higher rotation now that its top 10 is that after 13 weeks CP (5387/34.869) is still 3400 spins/25.861 AIs (give or take)from #1.If they let it climb naturally it'll take another 9-12 weeks to hit #1.Radio probably will not keep it in medium/high rotation that long.
    Another is radio loves men, they play them ad nauseam.They will play them over women at every turn, and with Jason,Luke,FGL, soon Eric & Kenny all having new singles out they will get played more then Carrie.It's just the state of music radio.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars

Another reason for a slight push right now is to keep it from getting passed by the likes of Jason and FGL who are gaining way more than CP every day and are looking to pass it this week.
    Hil and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    One reason to at least give CP a bit of a push to get converted to higher rotation now that its top 10 is that after 13 weeks CP (5387/34.869) is still 3400 spins/25.861 AIs (give or take)from #1.If they let it climb naturally it'll take another 9-12 weeks to hit #1.Radio probably will not keep it in medium/high rotation that long.
    Another is radio loves men, they play them ad nauseam.They will play them over women at every turn, and with Jason,Luke,FGL, soon Eric & Kenny all having new singles out they will get played more then Carrie.It's just the state of music radio.
    I just thought once it hit the top 10 it got those conversions. Then if they have to push for the top ten conversions, then yes, go for a push. I thought we were talking about pushing for #1.
    teesharky likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Why is it ok for several other artists to be on the charts for months & months & months before they reach #1 and when they reach #1 its heralded as the greatest achievement in all of country radio?? And yes, one of the artists I'm referring to is KB. Her singles stay on the charts for 3/4 of the year, her label uses payola for her to reach #1 and this is applauded.

I don't get it!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Youíre right,she really isnít near enough to the top to warrant them making a huge push for CP right now.I would think that they would let it rise to the top 3 or 5 & then make a big push to get to #1. Why try & push the song if itís nowhere close to #1?I would the closer the song gets to #1,then thatís when they would make the push for CP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I wasn't talking about a push to #1. But I song has to be worked at radio, IE pushed., if it's gonna climb.Few songs are natural everyone loves them #1s.It appears right now that UMG is letting their artist languish a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Why is it ok for several other artists to be on the charts for months & months & months before they reach #1 and when they reach #1 its heralded as the greatest achievement in all of country radio?? And yes, one of the artists I'm referring to is KB. Her singles stay on the charts for 3/4 of the year, her label uses payola for her to reach #1 and this is applauded.

I don't get it!!!!
    they're b listers , and their songs are on the chart so long because they spend weeks and weeks in low rotation ( 9-10 spins a week).An artist such as Carrie pretty much jumps to medium rotation right out of the box.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower
    Is it soon time to blame the new record label? Do not like the updates recently. I sure hope JA and FGL do not pass her. Slow those songs down a little (don't have to play either one as far as I am concerned). If this song does not get to number one something is wrong. One of her best songs in my opinion (other than Mama's Song. Just put that in there to see if anyone read my post..LOL... although I did really like Mama's Song). How many ahead of her are dropping other than the Tequila song?
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Looks like UMG is on vacation too... lol
    I am not sure what their plan is, but I hope they know what they are doing.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCarrie View Post
    Is it soon time to blame the new record label? Do not like the updates recently. I sure hope JA and FGL do not pass her. Slow those songs down a little (don't have to play either one as far as I am concerned). If this song does not get to number one something is wrong. One of her best songs in my opinion (other than Mama's Song. Just put that in there to see if anyone read my post..LOL... although I did really like Mama's Song). How many ahead of her are dropping other than the Tequila song?
    Only Tequila is dropping -- all the other #1's have either gone recurrent or dropped below CP. Everybody else is trying to get to the top just like Carrie. Interesting that Kenny is now #1, but will later have 2 consecutive weekends co-hosting CCUSA.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I watched the YouTube video of Grady Smith talking about women being played on the radio. I haven't listened to country radio for a while, but did so on a trip I had to take. My gosh the stuff they play is horrible. I probably only enjoyed a couple songs and I forgot to count the number of women played but it wasn't very many. I don't understand how these men are able to climb country radio charts with the songs they put out. I pay for Apple Music and I really like that I can pick my songs.
    txacar and Suellen like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCarrie View Post
    Are you kidding?

It is unbelievably far too early to "blame" anyone. Nothing has happened. I mean she had a stellar week just this past week, why doesn't anyone remember that.

^ Guess we are seeing different chart updates then, nothing about last week was stellar...

Concert Stars
    Hmmmm. How are the callout numbers on CP lately?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Are you kidding?

It is unbelievably far too early to "blame" anyone. Nothing has happened. I mean she had a stellar week just this past week, why doesn't anyone remember that.
    Yes I was kidding. Isn't that what we usually do, LOL.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Hmmmm. How are the callout numbers on CP lately?
    Here you go Tee! Link to the callout scores

Mediabase Callout Research
    txacar likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Here you go Tee! Link to the callout scores

Mediabase Callout Research
    Your link takes me to a list of pop artists and their numbers. Did you accidentally attach the wrong link?

•