Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree3114Likes

Thread: 'The Champion'

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

'The Champion'

coming Jan 12

writers:
    Chris DeStefano
    Brett James
    Carrie
    Ludacris

Last edited by maddkat; 2 Days Ago at 09:41 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Can't wait to buy this!
    rainbow1, liz278, txacar and 7 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

OMG the slayage is coming!!
    rainbow1, liz278, txacar and 5 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Can't wait to buy this!
    Me too. Love the song and the new sound. It is going to be an amazing and exciting year, the best is yet to come. Bring it on Carrie
    rainbow1, liz278, txacar and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I do hope Carrie doesn't get too much criticism for the song. People need to take it for what (I believe) it is - a one off song for a special project. Personally, I don't think The Champion will be reflective of the sound of her new album. I think she enjoys doing this kind of thing outside of her album cycles, but I don't see her straying this far into pop for the album itself. I just don't want to see people saying she's jumped ship into pop just because of this song.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^ I agree 100%..... I hope they use it for the Olympics....

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I do hope Carrie doesn't get too much criticism for the song. People need to take it for what (I believe) it is - a one off song for a special project. Personally, I don't think The Champion will be reflective of the sound of her new album. I think she enjoys doing this kind of thing outside of her album cycles, but I don't see her straying this far into pop for the album itself. I just don't want to see people saying she's jumped ship into pop just because of this song.
    The haters are going to criticize her no matter what and all we can do is ignore them. Wendy Williams already publicly said that her fall was an excuse for a facelift and using it as her own publicity.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    The haters are going to criticize her no matter what and all we can do is ignore them. Wendy Williams already publicly said that her fall was an excuse for a facelift and using it as her own publicity.
    Well, Wendy Williams is one to talk!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    First of all, anyone who saw the CMAs or pics from it, would have a hard time figuring out what plastic surgery Carrie could possibly want done. Second, did Wendy Williams used to be normal or was she always strange? I don't watch her show, but once in a while I hear something that makes her sound like some kind of nut.

Huge Carrie Follower
    For anyone who wants to know, the song has leaked already. It probably happened because she worked with someone outside of her trusted circle in Nashville.

Concert Stars
    women like W.Williams who claim to be about female empowerment should be ashamed. Pathetic
    ethelu, oldyfan, txacar and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I posted a comment on her website. While women all over the entertainment industry are going "high" she would stoop so low as to make accusations about faking a major fall that requires surgery after broken bones and a busted face just for cosmetics and publicity.

What a way to support women...........
    Hil, oldyfan, ethelu and 10 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Avira View Post
    For anyone who wants to know, the song has leaked already. It probably happened because she worked with someone outside of her trusted circle in Nashville.
    Okay as a Carrie fan I'm not suppose to want to hear a leaked song (Oklahoma wind) but I really really want to hear it!
    txacar and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Can't wait to see how it performs.I hope it does well.Anyway do we know who cowrote the song with Carrie?
    Hil, oldyfan, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I don't think we need worry too much on that score. I agree with you that it's best seen as a one off for a special project, and unlikely to have direct effect on her album sound. As far as I can tell, most of Carrie's fans who have commented on it seem to be impressed. (I am, though, inclined to agree with Carrieslegs that it may be harder to convince some people that her part comes very close to Rap. I have listened over the years to a fair bit of Country Rap, and in all honesty, I'd have to say that it's not really Carrie's most convincing milieu. The parts where she ventures in that direction are still my favorites on the track - and, in light of the many players and fans of Gridiron with both urban and rural heritage, I give her kudos for making the blend - but I think the song as a whole is best approached as an anthem for a rousing public event, rather than a subject for much stylistic criticism.)

Although, I know, I'm only too prone to get carried away with digression, I'd like to make a couple of comparisons, which I find interesting

Firstly, I'd make the point that it can be quite hard for a Mainstream Country artist to carry conviction in the more "hard core" areas of the Pop field (as opposed to singing Mainstream pop, or bringing Pop into the Country format itself). One artist I follow is Sarah (Ross) Restuccio, who, at the age of 17, surprised the Idol judges by her audition, covering both Carrie Underwood and Nicki Minaj (although Keith Urban seemed slower to impress, and she didn't place high in the public voting)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IopnU7-mt0s

Now in her 20s, this is an example of Sarah's mature Country Rap style.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9d5Zd3AMIk
    I see her as very talented - but it is a hard area for a woman to gain widespread acceptance in (some of the Country sub-genres are even more male-dominated than Mainstream radio) - and I don't see Carrie herself going far into this style on her own album.

My second comparison is historic - it may seem rather a stretch to some of you - but it brought back memories to me!
    Tammy Wynnette, the much loved, but often troubled "First Lady of Country" (whom Carrie has both Covered at the Opry, and sampled for the "Cowboy Casanova" launch), was approaching the latter stages of her career in 1991, and no longer played extensively on Mainstream radio - when she made "Justified and Ancient"- an unexpected collaboration with a British Hip Hop band - giving her one of her biggest international hits. Enthroned and wearing her lopsided crown as the genre's symbolic first female, she ironically echoes her controversial seventies hit "Stand By Your Man" with the songs sub-title "Stand By Your Jams". The video for the song itself is enigmatic - containing seemingly meaningless lyrics, confusingly varied references to Illuminatist mythology, and the ice creams that the band used to distribute at concerts - but at its core is a message of support for Black empowerment, as something to be embraced as peaceful and necessary
    "They're Justified, and they're Ancient,
    I hope you understand.
    But if you don't like what they're going to do,
    You better not stop them 'cause they're coming through "

I'm not suggesting that Carrie would do something as off-Mainstream this - but I cite the song as a precedent, more than a quarter of a century ago, for a genre blending anthem, an unexpected collaboration, and the willingness to try (as contained in the lyrics) "New style, meanwhile, always on a mission while
    Fishing in the rivers of life"

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I posted a comment on her website. While women all over the entertainment industry are going "high" she would stoop so low as to make accusations about faking a major fall that requires surgery after broken bones and a busted face just for cosmetics and publicity.

What a way to support women...........
    Like you said pathetic....... And supposedly she is a Christian...... Talk about one that hides behind the bible.....

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^ Justified and Ancient...... Boy I do remember that one..... I loved Tammy, that song did her well internationally I take it....... Also interesting that they asked an older Country Artist like Tammy, but her unique voice was fitting for the song/......

Call her in Tennessee and asked Tammy stand by the Jam........ It was a great song, i thought....
    Farawayhills and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow we are getting the song Friday! So excited! Does this mean it is hitting ITunes Friday??? I will die of happiness.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Is it January 12th yet??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????//
    ethelu, rainbow1, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Ran across the following statement again when reading an article on the US magazine website --- I really do believe this is going to be true!!! And I can hardly wait to see all the ways and times its used!!!!

Variety previously reported that Fred Gaudelli, Sunday Night Football executive producer, approached Underwood last year to write the tune. “I think it’s going to become a sports anthem,” he told the outlet at the time. “It’s going to be one of those songs that you see cut to highlights for the next 25 years.”
    ethelu, txacar, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast