Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1556
Like Tree7452Likes

Thread: 'The Champion'

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I don't hear any difference at all.The chorus ( The McCrary Sisters) was always there.

ok found this def for a video

"A vertical video is a video created either by a camera or computer that is intended for viewing in portrait mode, producing an image that is taller than it is wide, rather than the widescreen format normalised by cinema and television."

but what does that have to do with audio?
    edit apparently they added the video to the playlist.I didn't even know spotify had videos. Have I mentioned I don't like streaming and don't do it?
    cmarieu, Smokyiiis, ethelu and 2 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ I don't hear any difference at all.The chorus ( The McCrary Sisters) was always there.

"A vertical video is a video created either by a camera or computer that is intended for viewing in portrait mode, producing an image that is taller than it is wide, rather than the widescreen format normalised by cinema and television."

Thanks maddkat, I thought I had missed something.

I didn't see why this version but that's okay.
    maddkat and txacar like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    it seems Spotify are running a series of adverts, intended for vertical viewing on a mobile phone. The ads are followed by 30 minutes of streaming without any further advertising intruding, for the person who has watched the first ad. It seems to be a promotional tool for the service - so I would guess if Carrie's video is being shown as part of this, it may widen the exposure. (If this is unclear, we're in the same boat, lol - but this page may help

Spotify Serves First Vertical Video Ads in 'Branded Moments' | Digital - AdAge

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    My guess is by not being country artists. Country artists have struggled with streaming, I just think their teams have been late to get on the bandwagon and don't promote and spend enough towards streaming platforms.
    Roots Country artists do benefit from streaming - they're easier for the market they appeal to to find on the streaming services, and it's a way to circumvent the neglect by commercial radio. Recently, this has also benefited the "Outlaw resurgence" in the Mainstream fringe (artists like Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton , Kacey Musgraves tend to do better on streaming service playlists than on radio). In both cases, numbers are relative to the smaller size of the audience, and the greater spread of listening choice within it. Hence streaming is so far more of a niche market in Country - but an important development.

In the core Mainstream market, streaming has probably been slower to take off than in any of the principal genres. Several reasons have been suggested for this - the heavier dependence of the sector on radio, the tendency to listen as background while driving or working, the slower adoption of new technology by sectors of the demographic, a general conservatism in habits. It's a matter of concern in that physical album sales have been declining generally, the Mainstream share of overall label group revenues has been declining relatively, and streaming growth has so far failed to compensate. Various initiatives have been tried instead, such as striking deals with commercial radio conglomerates to give record companies a share of broadcasting revenues.

In the case of Hunt and Rhett, I would agree that stylistically their work is usually marginal to Country, which probably increases their appeal to a General Music audience. Also, I would guess that they have a strong element of younger women in their fan bases - a demographic which is more attuned to streaming than the Mainstream Country audience as a whole.
    ethelu, txacar and clh_hilary like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

edit apparently they added the video to the playlist.I didn't even know spotify had videos. Have I mentioned I don't like streaming and don't do it?
    So, I heard something different that was always there...hahahahaha!!! I did not know the chorus was the McCrary Sisters. That's cool. I liked them so much on CCA.
    txacar likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Alex Chambers‏Verified account @alexchambersmma 2h2 hours ago

I was a fan of @Carrie Underwood & @Ludacris before but this seals the deal. Check out the 1:25 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgknAaKNaMM&sns=tw @Amanda_Leoa @ufc #mandy #thechampion
    txacar, DaisyTweets and cmarieu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    TC fell out of the top 50 on HAC
    DaisyTweets and txacar like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Champion is having a boost for Carrie's birthday I guess.

TC jumped from #20 to #15 with a dark green update.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    The Champion is having a boost for Carrie's birthday I guess.

TC jumped from #20 to #15 with a dark green update.
    Im sure its not the case. I think some tv show played

Guys, Amanda Nunes tweeted the video, she is the current UFC bantamweight champion and appears in the video. My husband said she's going to fight in May, maybe she plays The Champion at her entrance, I'll ask him to let me know.

Amanda Nunes‏Conta verificada @Amanda_Leoa 9 de mar

Beautiful song and awesome video check at out @carrieunderwood - The Champion ft. Ludacris
    txacar, Suellen, ethelu and 1 others like this.

CMA@countrymusic

More

Happy birthday @CarrieUnderwood! You are invincible, unbreakable, unstoppable, unshakeable - you are a CHAMPION Listen: http://smarturl.it/CUlisten

Insane Carrie Fan
    TC video now has over 5 million views. The lyric video has over 7 million views.
    cmarieu, Suellen, txacar and 9 others like this.

The Champion still slaying in the top 20 with zero promo since the music video!
    txacar, sd20, DaisyTweets and 7 others like this.

The Champion still slaying in the top 20 with zero promo since the music video!
    This song is a miracle, just had promo in the Superbowl, in the Winter Olympics (almost zero promo) and the video. She's doing great, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by cmarieu View Post
    This song is a miracle, just had promo in the Superbowl, in the Winter Olympics (almost zero promo) and the video. She's doing great, I'd say.
    Reading the video comments, I would say she has gained a ton of new fans among people who watched to see Ludacris. Always surprises me that not everybody is familiar with her work.

TC now with 6.1 million views on VEVO.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    TC now with 6.1 million views on VEVO.
    Wow, that was fast. It was 5 million only two days ago!

Concert Stars
    ^I think Ludacris is helping gain Carrie exposure overseas a lot. A lot of his international fans are the ones not familiar with Carrie. I love this. This is why I wanted Carrie to collab with a pop star or mainstream artist. It helps her overseas.
    txacar, ethelu, Suellen and 1 others like this.

The Champion sold 18k this week.

I think it cross the 200k now.
    maddkat, hjj, txacar and 7 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    The Champion sold 18k this week.

I think it cross the 200k now.
    I think its around ~ 213K by now plus streaming so I am quite sure it will hit the gold status in the near future.
    simonplay likes this.

•  
    Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast