Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1236
Like Tree6291Likes

Thread: 'The Champion'

There are workout video to this song

^Great aerobic workout in the second video. Love it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    TC re enters the Hot 100 at #56 this week

#14 on itunes now
    DaisyTweets, Suellen, Hil and 11 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Does it have to be Sony that certifies the songs or can UMG do it? Is that kind of sales data privy only to the record company that issues the song or could UMR get the data from Soundcan/Nielsen/Billboard and pay for the certifications? Seems like it would be a good thing to update all those certs for promo for the new album.

Also, I almost wish they hadn't told us they were using TC for the Olympics, then we wouldn't be sitting here all anxious about when it's going to be on, lol. I honestly was hoping there would be multiple opportunities to hear it during the coverage, so who knows when they'll use it. Like someone else said, they have asked permission to use it, but I guess they don't have to. Just seems odd to promote the song that way if it's not going to be used.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Does it have to be Sony that certifies the songs or can UMG do it? Is that kind of sales data privy only to the record company that issues the song or could UMR get the data from Soundcan/Nielsen/Billboard and pay for the certifications? Seems like it would be a good thing to update all those certs for promo for the new album.

Also, I almost wish they hadn't told us they were using TC for the Olympics, then we wouldn't be sitting here all anxious about when it's going to be on, lol. I honestly was hoping there would be multiple opportunities to hear it during the coverage, so who knows when they'll use it. Like someone else said, they have asked permission to use it, but I guess they don't have to. Just seems odd to promote the song that way if it's not going to be used.
    I imagine that they planned ahead when they would be using it. I can't imagine any reason they would change their minds about the song. It's perfect for the Olympics.

Concert Stars
    Tonight they showed a video montage of female athletes but still did not use The Champion. Getting Sad....
    oldyfan, rainbow1 and DonBaydr like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Tonight they showed a video montage of female athletes but still did not use The Champion. Getting Sad....
    Yeah,I was puzzled as to why they used Little Mixes song "Salute",when that song is clearly a few years old.I surely thought they would've used The Champion by now.It would've been perfect for that montage!!
    oldyfan and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I think the montages are more sponsor centered instead of NBC like the female one I think was sponsored by Visa.
    I really hope we hear The Champion soon! It probably will be when we least expect it.
    ethelu, rainbow1 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Concert Stars
    Maybe it's that it was produced by NBC to be available and encouraged to be used by outlets but does not ensure that it would be. The only thing that I find odd is that the song was used so prominently for the SB and then got a great response. (had it not gotten any real response it would not be that surprising if it just slipped away). And that response has caused it to be #1 on ITunes and offering all kinds of buzz and sound bites moving into the Olympics. So why not use it more. Again, we really have no idea what they intended to do with it. But with the forward momentum of the songs success with the public, why not react by using it? Its not like it costs them anything to use. Granted, it's a loss in revenue if they use it in place of advertising, but that is not what we are talking about.
    IOW, they produced it, they promoted it, it took off, so why not take advantage of that.....?
    Who knows......
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie hasn’t tweeted about the Olympics either. She promoted the song fir the Super Bowl a ton. Odd. Hope nbc didn’t scrap it??

I just recall Home by PhilPhillips bro g featured all the time.
    Last edited by teesharky; 1 Week Ago at 08:04 AM.
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

atc
    New Carrie Fan
    We are all hoping to hear the Champion by Carrie featuring Ludacris at the Olympics. I know everyone that participates at the Olympics is a Champion. That said, the Shaun White story would sure be a great example for the meaning of this song. He is a true champion who has been up, down, injured, and has fought back. Then on the last run, with unbelievable pressure, won the Olympic Gold. I’d love to see his journey used against this motivating song.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well, one thing is very clear, one of Carrie's wishes/hopes when they wrote the song was that it would connect with EVERYONE -- athlete or not -- and I think its done that big time!!!! The response was amazing leading up to the super bowl and after the video was shown, but to me the best part is seeing just exactly how the song is connecting outside the athletic world. It's fun to see Carrie's responses to the few videos and tweets that she's retweeted. She has to feel amazing knowing the song is inspiring so many and just as she had hoped.

She's a CHAMPION, the song is a CHAMPION and I feel like a CHAMPION when I dance around the house singing the song. I've lost count of the number of times during the day when I'm doing something else and I'll just start humming or singing the song!!!
    rainbow1, txacar, ethelu and 5 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^ you couldn't have said it any better..... The power of Carrie Underwood......

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Carrie hasn’t tweeted about the Olympics either. She promoted the song fir the Super Bowl a ton. Odd. Hope nbc didn’t scrap it??

I just recall Home by PhilPhillips bro g featured all the time.
    Have they played anybody's music other than that played during commercials? I'm not familiar with today's pop songs, so have no idea if anybody's music has played. Just know it hasn't been TC while I've been watching.

I believe it will play eventually. If not, it definitely was used "for" the olympics in the biggest ad.

It is impressive that TC is still top 15 on itunes with zero promo!
    rainbow1, txacar, hjj and 7 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I have no doubt they are still going to use TC for the Olympics. The Olympics coverage is very well planned out ahead of time. It may have always been the plan to start playing it after a certain point in the competition. Some spots are sponsored, and those have to be honored, and are probably set in stone. NBC would have no idea when medals would be won by the US, and they don't necessarily have the flexibility to play TC whenever they want to. We all need to be patient, though I know that is nearly impossible.

Concert Stars
    Maybe they're saving it for the end when they recap some of the events. That would be the perfect place for it because it would highlight all the medal winners.

Hil
    I think it's odd they haven't played it yet since they promoted it, especially since we've had several gold medals so far. I think I'm more irked I had to hear Home non-stop, and haven't heard the champion yet. lol Oh, and Home is featured on some commercial so I'm hearing it once again ALL THE TIME. This song stalks me, and I hate it. HA.

There was one point in time John Denver's 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' would randomly be playing at places i would go, it felt a little too 'Final Destination' for me. : /

•