Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Like Tree7448Likes

Thread: 'The Champion'

Huge Carrie Follower
    Can you guys post the live popbars? Sorry im mobile and joining in on the fun while on the road

Insane Carrie Fan
    When the video is played before the Super Bowl, over 100 million people will see it. Wonder what the reaction will be then?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    When the video is played before the Super Bowl, over 100 million people will see it. Wonder what the reaction will be then?
    What if just 10% of them bought it? Shoot, I would be happy if 1% bought it, lol!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower
    I have a question. Do her current #1 (for one day) means it will be the TOP song on BB Hot 100 & Pop of the week?

Anyone knows the BB tracking week for these two charts?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinc View Post
    I have a question. Do her current #1 (for one day) means it will be the TOP song on BB Hot 100 & Pop of the week?

This is just one day. If it stayed at #1 for the majority of this week or all week, I'd say the chance of Country #1 would be strong. We'll have to see what goes on the rest of the week.
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Any word on how it’s doing on Spotify and YouTube? United States, as I’m focusing on US streaming.

Concert Stars
    I am so thrilled - I don't know what my expectations were but I know they were surpassed by the #1 on ITunes,. I bought it but have been streaming it today. This morning when I was loudly playing it in my car, there were several times when the song gave me chills. When Ludacris says Carrieeeee, and the several times she has an almost growl in her voice, and at the end. I agree with everyone, this will be an anthem for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I am so thrilled - I don't know what my expectations were but I know they were surpassed by the #1 on ITunes,. I bought it but have been streaming it today. This morning when I was loudly playing it in my car, there were several times when the song gave me chills. When Ludacris says Carrieeeee, and the several times she has an almost growl in her voice, and at the end. I agree with everyone, this will be an anthem for a long time.

Its performance exceeded my expectations as well. I was not underestimating Carrie, but I know the current top 5 on iTunes would be tough to beat - Bruno is on fire right now as well as Cardi B, and Justin’s is a highly anticipated song as well. So so so happy for Carrie!

Concert Stars
    Been listening to it in the background all day at work. Can not get enough! Now it’s MY anthem! Lol

So happy for Carrie! I have a question though when looking at the chart, Camila Cabello Havana have 2 version , single and album version at the chart I believe , and ED have many version of perfect.Do all these counted for the sales together for 1 song or seperately? I hope Carrie can debut atop top digital song chart!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinc View Post

Very unlikely. You need strong efforts in all metrics (sales, streaming, airplay), or enormous numbers in one area (e.g. sales), to debut at #1 on the BB Hot 100. That's usually reserved for massive/anticipated lead singles by Taylor, Adele, etc.

The Champion is #1 on iTunes, but that may not hold all week. And even though it is #1 on iTunes, it's technically not even the single best selling song at the moment. Ed Sheeran has multiple versions of Perfect on iTunes and according to Kworb (which gives estimates of a song's sales relative to the #1 song, given as a percentage) adding all three versions puts Perfect's relative sales at 1.3, compared to The Champion's 1.0. And Camila Cabello also has two versions of Havana and both versions total 1.25. So The Champion would need and hold a sizable lead throughout the week to be the top selling song. Streaming and airplay will both probably be small.
    yehchern, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Woot woot! So nice to wake-up to an iTunes all genre number 1!!! This is her FIRST iTunes All Genre #1, right? Finally! Congrats, Carrie and Ludacris!!! Hope this one stays in the top 10 for a long time!
    teesharky, Hil, txacar and 8 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Gosh I had a busy day and haven't been able to post here-- but how COOL is it that we got our wish?? We wanted the song to be featured on both the Superbowl and Olympics-- and it is!! WOOHOO!!!

The song is freakin FIRE! And I love that it hit number 1 on ITunes! Her first time at number 1 in a very long time! I am so happy!

The song makes me feel joyful and powerful...like anything is possible. Everyone on twitter LOVES it! It's so wonderful to see this happening for Carrie! (and us!) haha
    Hil, Kizmet311, txacar and 13 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    This should be my new anthem too. I got a bunch of new tasks at work, that are pretty important. And the lady who did it before wasn't very good at it, so they moved her out of the department, and she hasn't been happy or helpful in the slightest. Really a terrible person, so I basically have to figure it out mostly by myself and my bosses, so I have to kill it and be "the champion".

Concert Stars
    Guys can you imagine if they use it during a Figure skating segment on prime time tv during the Olympics? Or perhaps during the hockey final rounds? There are so many possibilities. They can use it during BIO segments on the athletes etc. It is going to be AMAZING!

If the Olympics were in the USA- I bet they would perform it live at the Closing ceremony. But with them being in South Korea- I am sure the ceremonies will have South Korean performers and not any Americans. However, it can be used throughout the Olympics like "Home" was for Phil Phillips. It's going to be GREAT! We wanted it to be part of the Olympics and now it is!
    txacar, maryleepj, Hil and 8 others like this.

Number one on I Tunes is so impeccable especially for promo single. Go Queen Carrie!

Junior Carrie Follower
    SO excited for Carrie's all Genre #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    txacar, DizzyDollyDee, Hil and 4 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Melissa (Carrie's makeup and hair stylist) shared a screenshot on Instagram of The Champion at #1 and Leann Womack commented on her post saying "YAAAY!! Well deserved!!!"
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Ludacris
    Verified account
    @Ludacris
    Following Following
    @Ludacris

More

8:39 PM - 12 Jan 2018
    txacar, jaks_weyn, ethelu and 6 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Also, some funny comments from Carrie's Instagram post of the "Unshakeable" graphic the other day.

Matt Eaton commented:Please tell me that you'll be performing this on tour and that @bassmmmbass (Mark) will be doing the Ludacris part!

Mark responded:
    @matteaton1 Already on it

Ivey responded:
    @matteaton1 whatever...that part is mine.

Matt:
    @iveychilders Good point. All of that practice at Dolan's is finally going to pay off!!!
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast