Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree5220Likes

Thread: 'The Fighter' on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

The Fighter up to #17
    txacar, hjj, Gator and 7 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    what happened to spur TF's rise over the weekend?

TF moved to #22 yesterday when 'Better Man' went recurrent, TF remains at #22 (+46 spins/+.544 AIs)

22 KEITH URBAN The Fighter f/Carrie... 2722 2288 434 19.379

looks like another split week on the charts with Michael Ray getting the mediabase #1 and Pardi again getting the Billboard one. We'll see tonight.

Canada: TF moves to #30 (+12 /+.051 )
    Last edited by maddkat; 03-20-2017 at 06:21 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Fighter up to #16 !!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    5 adds this week, total of 150

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan

From Billboard Country Update, March 20, 2017:

The Fighter
    Country Airplay: #19, up 4 in its 6th week
    Hot Country Songs: #13, up 1 in its 13th week
    Country Digital Songs: #4, no change in its 11th week
    Country Streaming Songs: #21, up 2 in its 3rd week
    Country Indicator: #20, up 1 in its 6th week

Dirty Laundry
    Recurrents: #9, no change
    DaisyTweets, Gator and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    TF remains at #22 (+23 spins/+.370 AIs)

22 KEITH URBAN The Fighter f/Carrie... 2745 2360 385 19.749

Canada: TF remains at #30 (+17/+.015)
    Last edited by maddkat; 03-21-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    DaisyTweets, glenn7, Gator and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    It feels like its doing really well! I am sure glad to have it considering the era has ended. At least we don't feel the drop off so abruptly!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Im hoping once TF has it run on the chart, the decide to reopen another single for Carrie. I don't see how if she potentially wins EOTY at the ACM's, she just stays quiet after a duet.... Come on do a surprise release of a 5th single!!!!!! Miranda isn't charting or performing that great. Miranda's 2nd single, after releasing her video lost spins on the Country airplay chart???? Sony needs to think what is best for there company as a whole, and if it is between pushing a 5th Carrie single, after 4 #1's in a row, and to have Miranda miss top 10 on a lead single of a new album, and the 2nd single, potentially not even reaching top 20.... This is not to comparing them in any way. but I feel like with Miranda releasing a 2 disc album with a total of 24 songs, and the 2 single choices perform like they have.. is something to take note of. If Carrie released an album with 24 songs, I would imagine at minimum 5/6 singles. I feel that with the 2 released singles Miranda team has chosen has hurt the album as a whole. Is it going to turn into 3 strikes and your done, and they don't go pass 3 singles with a 24 song album. If so, I think Sony need to look at their options, who can give them more success, at the moment and by the looks of it a 5th Carrie single would fare better than a 3rd single from Miranda, after 2 disappointing single performance so far.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Im hoping once TF has it run on the chart, the decide to reopen another single for Carrie. I don't see how if she potentially wins EOTY at the ACM's, she just stays quiet after a duet.... Come on do a surprise release of a 5th single!!!!!! Miranda isn't charting or performing that great. Miranda's 2nd single, after releasing her video lost spins on the Country airplay chart???? Sony needs to think what is best for there company as a whole, and if it is between pushing a 5th Carrie single, after 4 #1's in a row, and to have Miranda miss top 10 on a lead single of a new album, and the 2nd single, potentially not even reaching top 20.... This is not to comparing them in any way. but I feel like with Miranda releasing a 2 disc album with a total of 24 songs, and the 2 single choices perform like they have.. is something to take note of. If Carrie released an album with 24 songs, I would imagine at minimum 5/6 singles. I feel that with the 2 released singles Miranda team has chosen has hurt the album as a whole. Is it going to turn into 3 strikes and your done, and they don't go pass 3 singles with a 24 song album. If so, I think Sony need to look at their options, who can give them more success, at the moment and by the looks of it a 5th Carrie single would fare better than a 3rd single from Miranda, after 2 disappointing single performance so far.

It doesn't matter that the singles from Miranda's album have underperformed, look at all the nominations she's received for the album and the singles, in particular ' Vice'. That's what the critics and awarding committees take note of (it kind off justifies their critical appraisals of the artist). Case in point, all the #1's and success of the CU album and tour was not enough to get a nomination for song or single, or performance and of course album. It's just an assumption on my part, but I think that the ACM and CMA and country critic groups view Lambert as an 'artist' and Underwood a 'performer'. And clearly there's a lot more respect and recognition thrown the artist's way than the 'performer'. Thank god it's an attitude and behaviour that appears to be insular and confined to the country genre.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I also suspect that ML singles are cheaper to promote than Carrie's. Because of Carrie's record, they probably try to actively push her singles to the top two spots. With Miranda's, it doesn't really matter where they land on the charts, because she has no records to keep (other than her FVOTY streak, ha!). So, Miranda's 5 singles are probably cheaper to promote than Carrie's 4 singles. I would love a 5th single from Storyteller, but I don't think we'll get it.

Also, if she were to release a new album in spring 2018, I would actually prefer her to be gone for a little while and for them to hit the promotion hard for a lead single and album, rather than spend the money on a 5th single. I just wish they would do a better job of picking the singles sometimes. I think they did pretty good with the BA era, but I think SmB or HB or both should have been replaced by other songs on the album as singles, like CCA or Chaser. CCA would have really showcased the new style, better than SmB, in my opinion. For a "love" type song, I would have preferred Chaser (or LINLYA) over HB.
    pgk likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    It doesn't matter that the singles from Miranda's album have underperformed, look at all the nominations she's received for the album and the singles, in particular ' Vice'. That's what the critics and awarding committees take note of (it kind off justifies their critical appraisals of the artist). Case in point, all the #1's and success of the CU album and tour was not enough to get a nomination for song or single, or performance and of course album. It's just an assumption on my part, but I think that the ACM and CMA and country critic groups view Lambert as an 'artist' and Underwood a 'performer'. And clearly there's a lot more respect and recognition thrown the artist's way than the 'performer'. Thank god it's an attitude and behaviour that appears to be insular and confined to the country genre.
    WME, is why the noms

TF holding strong at #17 with dark green update

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    WME, is why the noms

TF holding strong at #17 with dark green update

WME, right....forgot about them....

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I've already accepted the fact that the Storyteller era has ended. And to be honest? I'm glad it has. After the crap and poor investiment her team and label put into it, to hell with all of it. Aside from the amazing tour, it was my least favorite era to follow - too many disappointments to bear. To remember it has become her least successful era overall just kills me every single time. I'm trying to forget it ever happened. Sorry.

I'm glad she'll take a long break after this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I also suspect that ML singles are cheaper to promote than Carrie's. Because of Carrie's record, they probably try to actively push her singles to the top two spots. With Miranda's, it doesn't really matter where they land on the charts, because she has no records to keep (other than her FVOTY streak, ha!). So, Miranda's 5 singles are probably cheaper to promote than Carrie's 4 singles. I would love a 5th single from Storyteller, but I don't think we'll get it.

Also, if she were to release a new album in spring 2018, I would actually prefer her to be gone for a little while and for them to hit the promotion hard for a lead single and album, rather than spend the money on a 5th single. I just wish they would do a better job of picking the singles sometimes. I think they did pretty good with the BA era, but I think SmB or HB or both should have been replaced by other songs on the album as singles, like CCA or Chaser. CCA would have really showcased the new style, better than SmB, in my opinion. For a "love" type song, I would have preferred Chaser (or LINLYA) over HB.
    This.

They wasted ALL of Carrie's chances at mega success with Storyteller. It was poised to be a BA 2.0 or even bigger. Gone. All gone. Thrown into trash.
    Anyone could have planned a better marketing strategy for her than her team.

I can't bear it. I'm trying to forget all that happened with Storyteller. In my mind, Carrie's been gone since LTG. The tour? It was a non-album tour with new songs.

"I'm sorry - Storyteller? What is that? I don't known it."

First thing to do for the next era? Fire her entire team.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    [QUOTE=bluetb4;4736488]I think it would be cool if Keith and Carrie had a "Fighter" lyrical back & forth on Twitter. Keith tweeted out some lyrics a couple of days ago as shown below.

Carrie could start out with "What if I fall?" then Keith would follow with "I won't let you fall." I bet it would get a lot of attention for "The Fighter."

That's an interesting idea!

As a personal preference, I would have also taken the idea of a lyrical back and forth more generally, into the structure of the song. As written, it gives the female character only a small part (central to the song's theme, admittedly, but repetitive, and largely an adjunct to the male lead singer). I would have preferred a full duet, with the female character taking at least a whole verse, and the male character answering. As it is, I find the theme a little stereotyping - the girl showing the doubt and vulnerability, the man portrayed as the rock to lean on. I would have preferred a verse that turns those roles around, with the man showing more of his own vulnerability, and the female character answering with a more developed statement of how she can make the relationship work for them both.

(I realize it's not my song - or, for that matter, Carrie's, lol - and I apologize to the many who love it as it is - but for me the best thing about it is the video - where Carrie is irresistible!

Concert Stars
    Love your last line!!
    Farawayhills, txacar and bluetb4 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    TF remains at #22 (-1 spin/+.441 AIs)

22 KEITH URBAN The Fighter f/Carrie... 2744 2405 339 20.190

Canada: TF remains at #30 (+11/+.006)
    Last edited by maddkat; 03-22-2017 at 06:56 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kworb predict 27k (+49%) for The Fighter.

Can't believe we still don't know what caused this! Lol
    txacar, maddkat, bluetb4 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I am really happy with how it is selling. Just watch it get a nice bump after the ACMS too.
    Suellen, ethelu and mooret like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    TF remains at #22 (+29 spins/+.446 AIs)

22 KEITH URBAN The Fighter f/Carrie... 2773 2468 305 20.636

Canada: TF remains at #30 (+21/+.050)
    Last edited by maddkat; 03-23-2017 at 07:31 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast